“Luxury Hotel in a Pretty Town”

Anantara Hoi An Resort
Ranked #45 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wow! This hotel is really beautiful, felt very spoilt. The room was stunning, and the pool is really beautiful too. Spent our afternoons relaxing around the pool with a cocktail in hand.. Bliss!! The entire property is immaculately cared for, and the breakfasts were excellent especially the omelettes! The location is great, rode bikes around the old town. Loved our stay and would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Carolyn0318

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort and your recommendation of our hotel.
You have certainly captured the essence of our property and I do hope the team and I can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Visiting again for the 2nd year,still a lovely hotel.river view
Room is excellent.nice staff and a great breakfast selection. Recommend Vu at gate for laundry and Vinh Lien for tailoring.
Seems to be many more tourists than before which is a shame,our last visit I think.

Room Tip: River view worth the extra
1  Thank soojim

Dear soojim

Thank you for returning to our beautiful Anantara Hoi An Resort and your kind comments. March is traditionally a popular time of year for this amazing destination and if you do wish to return on an alternative time of the year I would be delighted to assist.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

All of the hotels that we stayed in on our Vietnam tour were good but the Anatara was excellent. Someone's actually invested money in adding a touch of style to the place. So the bedroom have a lounging area outside, inside split level with a large seating area on the lower level, bed on the upper level, sliding doors to large bathroom with carved marble sunken bath. It's just nice. The reception area's outside, ostensibly open to the elements, which is a nice touch. The open-sided dining room's on the first floor of the bar/spa/dining block which allows the breeze to blow through and gently cool you while you're having breakfast. Breakfast was the usual buffet with a varied selection of fruit, hot food both western and Asian. A proper bar with plenty of seating gives you somewhere else to relax. Staff are bright, friendly and attentive, something which seems to apply across most of Vietnam. Hoi An is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel so the location couldn't be better. On the drive back to the airport you pass a large number of v large resort type hotels just be thankful you ended up in the Anantara!

1  Thank ColinInHants

Dear ColinInHants

Thank you for sharing all of your amazing Anantara Hoi An Resort experiences with us on social media and for your recommendations. We are thrilled that you have had such a memorable stay with us in this truly unique world heritage destination of Hoi An.
If I may be of any future assistance in securing a booking for you at any of our unique Anantara properties or a return trip to Anantara Hoi An resort please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel is well located, with Hoi An old town a short stroll from the main gates. Gardens are lovely, rooms are ok , but have some noise issues from the constant passing parade of other guests, the thin walls ( we could hear the toilet roll being pulled from the room next door!), and the current building site on the adjoining property. Service staff around the grounds and at breakfast were pleasant, but we felt check - in was a cold experience and were disappointed that a room upgrade which was supposedly part of the short breaks package we had purchased was not available due to ' full occupancy' Unfortunately this did not ring true as a friend we were travelling with who was also staying here across the exact same dates had been offered an upgrade because of problems with the air conditioning in her room. We had to stand our ground to receive a late check out, also in the short breaks package, and subject to availability , but only managed a 1pm extension and not the 4pm time as promoted.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bon2005

Thank you very much for choosing Anantara Hoi An Resort and for taking the time to share your valuable comments relating to your experience during your stay with us.
It is through such constructive feedback such as this that we are able to continue to improve our product and services to which I again thank you for your contribution. Please accept my sincere apologies for the deficiencies you have raised. I personally investigated your stay with our team and I am pleased to advise we have reviewed our standards to ensure we serve our valued guests better.

Thank you again and should you wish to stay with any of our unique Anantara properties again in the future and require any assistance at all please feel free to contact me and I shall be delighted to help.

I do appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back Anantara Hoi An Resort in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The staff were excellent, the room was fabulously comfortable and well-equipped and the breakfast was lovely. There was one of the staff who was frequently seen with a paint pot and brush patching up the paintwork in the corridors. He was great at bringing us bottles of water - without being asked. One of the receptionists was witty and charming. When we asked to change a $100 bill, she offered us another $100 bill - then started laughing and gave us the smaller change we really wanted. Overall, a great experience to have stayed here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear GerMar60

Thank you very much for sharing on social media your amazing story telling experiences that you have so delightfully put into print for our followers to see.
I am personally delighted that our most amazing asset, our associated have impacted your time with us in such a positive manner.

Thank you again and if you are ever passing Hoi An in the future please do allow me to welcome you home again to Anantara Hoi An Resort.

On behalf of the team and I, thank you.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed 2 nights here and loved it. I'm not sure I can add too much that other reviewers haven't already noted, but I will echo some comments suggesting that 2 nights isn't enough. It's not enough time for Hoi An itself, and a couple more days relaxing at the Anantara would also have been fine with us. We're fairly seasoned travellers and have visited many small tourist areas in Asia, but Hoi An has a much different vibe from any other place we've visited. While it's true there isn't much to "do" aside from shopping, eating and drinking (and perhaps a bike or motobike tour), it's such a lovely town that lingering would have been just fine with us. I'm normally a rather impatient tourist, but something about Hoi An invited even me to slow down and relax.

We stayed in a river view junior suite, and I think I would make that choice again as it felt a little more private and intimate than the garden view rooms (though the garden area certainly wasn't crowded or noisy).

Breakfast was good, as was lunch in at the hotel restaurant (the cao lao was excellent for lunch - my wife had it twice!) The staff were all friendly and helpful as well. In short, everything was as you would expect from a top-end resort, and even though the cost is probably much higher than any other options in Hoi An, I think it's worth it as the property and accommodations are really something unique for the city (at least from what I was able to discern by researching prior to our trip).

We would definitely recommend, and, hopefully, will get a chance to return for a longer stay.

Dear pw_sf

Thank you for your amazing and objective experiences that you have so gratefully chosen to share with our followers here on social media following your stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort. The team are delighted that they have made such a positive impact during your visit to the charming and unique ancient city of Hoi An.

I am personally delighted and extremely proud that you have taken so many positive stories with you as a result of your time with us. Thank you also for your recommendations and please do contact me directly regarding your next visit to Anantara Hoi An Resort as I would be delighted to be of assistance.

Thank you again and kind regards from the team and I.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This place is amazing!!! Could not fault it!

The service was amazing, I got quite sick at the resort they arranged for a doctor to visit me on site room and the cost was not even enough to bother claiming on my insurance!

We made the most of all the classes the resort offered, painting, lantern making, boat cruise, we took a guided city walking tour with a resort staff member. All of it was excellent I highly recommend it!

The air conditioning in the room is amazing as it gets pretty hot here you need it!! Swimming pool and day spa were fantastic, I booked a full day spa package and have never felt so relaxed.

This is definietly the place to book when visiting Hoi An! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Rochelle T

Thank you for being a part of Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing your incredible journey and stories here on social media. Our team are delighted that we have created so many amazing memories for you to take with you and look back on, also please accept our sincere thanks for your kind recommendations.

When that time does come for you to return please do contact me direct and I will be more than happy to assist accordingly as well as with any other of our other unique Anantara products.

On behalf of the team and I again, thank you and kind regards