“The best in town?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yaly Couture - Nguyen Duy Hieu branch

Yaly Couture - Nguyen Duy Hieu branch
Ranked #23 of 404 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: A highly regarded tailor shop in an area with many choices that is renowned for their products and service
Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best in town?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Best? I'm not entirely sure, but they are excellent. Huge range of material, lots of staff to help out, as many fittings as you need. Persevere through the language barrier, its best to spend a lot of time explaining everything in detail, even if they say that they don't think it would work, just keep at it and you'll get what you want. Yes, its more expensive but it is excellent quality.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JanineKW

• Korean first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great service, great results!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've been to Yaly and we were just as happy as we were in 2009. There were five adults in our group this time and Hanna, Flower, Maureen, Tulip and Natasha did a great job helping us choose designs, and fabrics and doing our fittings. As other reviews suggest, Yaly may be more expensive than other tailors in town but the quality is superior. We had suits, shirts, dresses, shoes and coats made and were all very happy with the final results.

My advice - take your time to chose the designs and material you want (sometimes it can feel like they're rushing you). I took some photos of clothes with me (from online) and chose some from the many folders of magazine photos they have collected. Be prepared to go back for multiple fittings so that they get it right (we had 3 or 4 each). Be firm if you're not happy with how it's looking, they will bring the tailor if needs be to discuss it with you and mark any changes required. And finally - have fun! They are all lovely, funny women working there. We had a great time.

Toronto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for....usually”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Having ordered custom tailored clothing over the years in North America, the UK, Italy and Hong Kong, I have some experience in what you can/should expect. We were in Hoi An 2 weeks ago, and were recommended to Yaly's. The guidebook and the hotel both said they were not the cheapest but the best. That's what I was looking for....quality tailoring. It's not what I got.

Before I excoriate them for the poor tailoring, let me say that I thought their sales staff were absolutely first rate, and did everything in their power to make things right. The fabrics were nice, but the level of tailoring was pretty grim.

We were with another couple. My wife ordered a business suit & skit and a cocktail dress. I ordred a sports coat, a white shirt and slacks. Our friend ordered a dress. My wife's suit was just ok...beautiful wool but not a great fit. Give it a 7 out of 10. My linen jacket was pretty bad....they couldn't get the shoulders to fit or the neck right. I had brought in an Italian jacket to copy and they didn't come close. Give it a 4 out of 10. The white shirt - how hard can it be to do a plain white shirt??? - was awful. 2 out of 10. And my wife's cocktail dress she accepted under duress, but I doubt she'll ever wear it.

So what kind of bargain is it if you get clothes you'll just never wear because they don't fit properly? They seemed to take the slap-dash approach to measuring, and feel that if it's not right, a nip and tuck will fix it. I'd prefer a tailor who measures carefully the first time, and then refines things if needed.

Buyer beware!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Aix06
3 attraction reviews
“Barbara & Yaly - Service & Quality Defined!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience, personalized service & top notch quality!! Upon entering Yaly, Barbara introduced herself to me & proceeded to elicit exactly what suits I was looking for! She expertly advised me on the different cuts, styles & fabrics available. She has an eye for what goes well & what doesn't and expertly guides you through the whole process making it a great experience whilst taking care of every detail! Barbara is the consummate professional & it shows that she absolutely loves her line of work! The resultant suits are stunning & I could not be happier with my purchase!! Since Yaly take all your measurements, you are able to email them in years to come & order tailor made suits that you can have courier delivered! An amazing experience I will always remember! Thanks to Barbara & Yaly!

Brunswick, Victoria, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One stop shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This tailors was recommended by our tour guide, he also explained that is is not the cheapest but is of good quality and their relationship with Intrepid ensures a good standard. Went initially with measurements for a suit for my son. They gave me a list of measurements they needed as well as 3 photos. Son in Australia had aunt measure and photos were emailed directly to store, we went a selected material and style. Husband measured for 2 pants and 2 shirts for work. Back next day for fitting, following day to collect and pay. Husbands fitting well and we are aware that there may have to be some adjustments when son tries suit on. $100 for med quality suit, $290 for remainder. Happy with service, staff, selection and measuring process.