“Nice hotel”

Hoi An Ancient House Resort & Spa
Ranked #80 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Nice hotel in a good location between the sea and the town. Nice rooms, friendly staff, nice garden, free bikes. The only negative was the bar next to the hotel which played techno music early in the morning. And the weather but we can't blame the hotel for that. The last night they let us move to their newly opended sister hotell: Ancient Village Resort, just recently opended and very pleasant

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I arrived late at night. I was given a meal of vast portions. My room was near the lobby - they are all in low rise buildings at the rear and accessed by going outside. T

The hotel is a little out of town but does provide free bicycles, which I used frequently. There was also a courtesy bus running about four trips a day (I did not take the exact details.)

The room was good and wifi was easy to use.

Breakfast was satisfactory. Not a great deal of choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Binh N, Manager at Hoi An Ancient House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear JWNorfolkUK,

Greetings from Ancient House Resort & Spa!

Thank you very much for taking time to review us and sharing your experience about Ancient House Resort. I'm pleased to learn that you have enjoyed our wifi access,breakfast,our free bicycles,shuttle bus...and that your room was good.
Unfortunately your room is a little bit near the lobby.It make you felt not very private. I'm very sorry for that and hope to have a chance to welcome you back to our Ancient House with a upgraded room.

My best reagrds

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Good morning I am writing my review at 5.30 am Monday 30 th december 2013 on Ancient house resort as I am unable to sleep due to the traffic on the road behind us I am in room 114 which is ground floor at the back of the complex of course also we are next door to some sort of bar which play loud music till all hours of the night so with not being able to sleep till late and then being woken up early I don't think my comments would be appreciated .I understand someone has to have that room but why us .?

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martes P

Dear Martes P,

Greetings from Ancient House Resort & Spa!
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and share your experience about your stay at The Ancient House Resort. I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us turned out to be disappointing due to the noise from traffic and the music from neighbour.You may be assured that we have taken this very seriously and that we are currently finalizing the plans for a renovation of soundproofing for this building.
We will be proud to present our new look and hope you will have the chance to come and experience these new changes!
My best regards

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at the resort for two night during our Vietnam trip, the resort looks inviting, but several of the rooms have moist problems. In the first room we were given (superior with garden view), one entire exterior wall was wet, and the room had a damp and stale smell. We changed the room to another one, sadly, it had almost the same problem. As we were traveling in a group of 6 persons, we decided to stay at the hotel instead of splitting up or relocating the whole group, but we tried to avoid being in the room. The spa is quite overpriced compared with the prices at large, (900 000 dong for a Swedish massage) and the fitness center was more of a joke. The garden was a plus, very luscious and green, and the breakfast was good. All in all, not the best choice in Hoi An

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GrunfSweden,

Greetings from Ancient House Resort & Spa!

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a review of your recent stay with us at The Ancient House Resort.
I am glad to read that you found our garden was luscious,green as well as buffet breakfast was good.
Regarding to the smell 115 & 105, we have already worked with house-keeping and handle this case and keep in a serious management.This period is quite humid in Hoi An.So we always take note of the smell in guest's room.
As for the spa,I am sorry if you felt it was pricey as we received many good comments from our other guests that they felt it was excellent value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Ancient House Resort in the near future with better service.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the unique Ancient House Resort. Our stay was arranged through our tour service, Holidays Vietnam, but we would definitely consider staying at Ancient House again. We found the rooms to be spacious and comfortable (we are traveling with two young children) and we especially enjoyed the breakfast. The grounds are gorgeous, with beautiful gardens that make you feel quite secluded. We also thought the staff was very friendly and attentive. When we first checked in, our room had a very strong paint smell. After I informed the front desk, they immediately changed our room, no questions asked. Our new room did end up at the rear of the hotel, next to a restaurant/bar that played loud music, but that just meant we had a dance party with the kids before their evening baths and bed. :) If you're looking for something quieter, make sure you request a room at the front of the hotel or with a pool view.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel or with a pool view are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise to find such a nice, well appointed hotel in a tatty street. Breakfast was.a little above average. Bathroom was perfectly adequate. Every amenity was provided, shampoo, bath gel, etc etc. Four poster bed was unique.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel, from the staff to the actual place itself. The staff were friendly and very attentive, I really can't find any fault with the service. The hotel itself is lovely, with a gorgeous pool, which my husband and I really enjoyed after a hectic and hot day in Hoi An. Our room was spacious and spotless, the bed was comfortable and we slept like angels! I really don't understand how anyone could complain about this hotel, it's lovely and quite different from the other standard hotels, I really recommend it. Yes, it's not in the centre of Hoi An, but there's a shuttle bus and you can actually walk to the centre in about 20 minutes. Hoi An is touristy, but it's gorgeous and well worth a visit. Some people may have bad experiences, but you just need to be a bit savvy; we met some great Vietnamese people here and had the best food ever.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Binh N, Manager at Hoi An Ancient House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear simabo31,
Greetings from Ancient House Resort & Spa!
Thank you very much for your recent stay at our Ancient House Resort as well as your GREAT review which i enjoyed reading.I'm delighted to read that you were sleeping "like angles" in our specious and comfortable room and you " can't find any fault with our friendly and attentive staff".I will pass you wonderful comments to my team and believe that your words are very encouraging.
Wish you and your family a happy festive season of the year at London !
Warm regards and we do hope for your return!