“Happy smiles. The family make this house worth every dollar”

Hoi An VIVA Homestay-Villa
Ranked #131 of 294 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Viva was fanstatic. We actually booked for normal double room ut upgraded to deluxe with garden view at discounted price. The room was always beautifully cleaned and the staff were very friendly and attentive. This is the best homestay we've been to. We all enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
QuangThien, Chủ sở hữu at Hoi An VIVA Homestay-Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

I was delighted to read your review following your recent stay at Hoi An Viva Homestay. I was glad that we met your expectations and found the service and facilities to your liking. Please do come and visit us again soon.

My best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here for 1 week and really became members of this young lovely family. Thien, Thuong and their so cute little girl made us so much different feeling from a lot of places that we have stayed. Thien spoke excellent English, his wife Thuong spoke just basic but who care? We loved every moment staying in their house. There is no any hesitate to come back VIVA Homestay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank instin L
asiancustomtailor, Owner at Hoi An VIVA Homestay-Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Viva Homestay. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at our house

I look forward to sharing your complimentart review with my wife and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Viva Homestay is very clean and comfortable. The rooms are big and the bed is a bit softer than most. We had a room overlooking the garden which was very nice. There are free bikes which is great for getting around. The location is a short distance out of town on the way to An Bang beach so it is ideally located.
Thien and his wife looked after us really well. We can recommend this accommodation.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the garden at the back is great
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S
QuangThien, Owner at Hoi An VIVA Homestay-Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

I was delighted to read your review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at Hoi An Viva Homestay. It was also very pleasing to read that we are now your new favourite place in Hoi An

I do hope to see in back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here in January this year and we loved it. Very nice, big room that has very modern bathroom, big fridge, and it was quiet too.

The service from the owner was awesome - a young very well-spoken and educated family who didn't try to push tours on us but gave advice when needed.

They also held a big dinner for us and paid for soft drinks and beer - totally above and beyond what you would expect from a hotel stay.

The family style of it was really friendly and I would definitely go back there.

Thanks again for the awesome stay, guys!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JustinOlmstead

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are all delighted you enjoyed your time at our house.

I have shared your comments with my wife.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hoi An VIVA Homestay.

Regards,
Hoi An VIVA Homestay

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

After spending few nights in the doorms I splurged myself with viva home stay... Through booking.com paid 21 dollar for a night. Place is very clean and the stuff is helpful and friendly. There are great hot shower and soft bed.
Ps. If you book tour to my son dont choose bus-bus option!!! Boat was to crowded and lunch very poor.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank patz_boom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was a great little place to be based for a visit to Hoi An and they offer very competitive rates.

Cleanliness - fantastic. Couldn't have wished for more.

Staff - This is a small family run business and the husband deals with the majority of guest requests. However, he does also work away from the hotel and sometimes there can be a bit of a delay when requesting information.

Location - an ideal spot in quiet ish road in comparison to the other roads in this area. A 15 minute walk to the old town but push bikes and scooters are available if you are feeling brave enough.

Room - We had two rooms at the hotel the first being a superior room on the third floor. This was excellent, a large room with dual aspect and well equipped with a fridge, tea & coffee facilities, shower and free fast wifi access. For our subsequent nights we moved to a cheaper room (301). Again this was equipped to the same standard but did not have any windows. I think to compensate for this, high level insertions had been made through the walls into the corridor/stairwell but this unfortunately meant that mosquitos were able to get into the room.

Overall a nice contemporary clean place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahLeBart
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We booked for 2 nights and only wish we could have stayed longer. Very friendly family run mini hotel. The room was clean and there was a mattress topper to take the edge off the typically hard mattresses in SEA.

Easy to come and go, and free bikes available to cycle in to the ancient town (about 5 mins). Probably wouldn't suit those wanting to stay out late as there is an 11pm curfew, but as my husband and I are normally back at the guesthouses by about 9pm we didn't worry about this much!

We booked into the cookery class via the homestay and had a wonderful morning! We also took the advice of the owner and went to a recommended tailors to get some clothes made. They were brilliant so would recommend Bi Hanh tailors too now!

Room Tip: We were in room 202 which didn't have much of a window, but was nice and dark for sleeping so th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple