“Lovely family owned business - cheap and decent quality”

Yellow Sun Custom Tailor
Ranked #231 of 454 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: With 10 years experience, catering to international clients, Yellow Sun Tailor specialises in accurate and beautiful workmanship using the best possible quality materials. If you would like to find a good quality and reliable tailor in Vietnam, Yellow Sun Tailor is the right choice for you, we have a great team to develop and deliver the international quality and service to you. We custom make every piece to your exact specifications and you will be pleasantly surprised with our speed of service. We commit to deliver the best quality products and customer services to our customers
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I got several items of clothing made here. The owners are a lovely Vietnamese couple who are very kind and welcoming - we even had lunch and a beer with them.
There is no pressure to buy anything of you don't want to but you can get a really good price for clothes if you do want some made.
We had 3/4 fittings each for our suits within 2 days and they now fit well. All the clothes are a decent quality for the price you pay.
We got 2 suits, several dresses and skirts, shirts and a jacket made and are happy with them all.
They have just opened up another shop 2 doors down as well.
Really lovely couple and are happy to alter the clothes until you are happy!

2  Thank NancyIKK
in 3 reviews
"vietnamese"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2014 via mobile

I was recommended Yellow Sun by some people in my dorm. After look on it up on trip advisor I decided to wander along. The owner was really hospitable and discussed suit options, colour and fabric. I ordered a suit, four shirts and a tie. The first fitting proved to be a perfect fit for the suit. The tailor wasn't happy with the shirts and insisted on altering them. Great service and a fantastic price!

1  Thank Wildmanmike
Reviewed November 8, 2014 via mobile

I have passed through Hoi An three times in the past 4 months, each time with a group of 14 school students. Each time multiple students have bought different items from Yellow Sun. All the outfits were delivered on time ( generally within 1.5 days) and to the satisfaction of each person. Where alteration where to be done, they were fixed with out issue or complaint.

Thuy the owner along with her husband run the shop. She has a much more laid back and accepcting personality than many of the sales people in Hoi An and Vietnam in general.
She won't hassle you like you have come to expect of Vietnamise sales persons. Each time I've dealt with Thuy she has been extremely helpful and patient, especially while dealing with 8 15yo students shouting out at the same time.

And on top of all that her prices are quite fair. Many of my students went to multiple tailors while there and always Yellow Sun's prices compared quite favorably to the other quotes.

You won't get an over the top price that you have to haggle down to 1/3 of the original. She will give you a genuine and reasonable first time off the bat price.

Couldn't rate these guys highly enough.

1  Thank Murrayp88
Reviewed November 7, 2014

We were recommended to this shop on our holiday in April 2013. We had 3 shirts and a pair of dress pants made for my partner and I had a pair of pants made for me. The shirts were really well made and are just as good as the day we purchased them. The pants are a wool blend and were really well finished and also look just as good now. I love my pants but unfortunately I have put on weight but I am going back in 2015 and will definitely use this tailor again. They were very eager to please and nothing was too much problem. The attention to detail was excellent (I am a sewer and fussy about what I buy). At the time they didn't have a website or were on trip advisor and I have only just found them hence the late review.

1  Thank Lorjoh