“I like this restaurant”
Review of Barley Restaurant - CLOSED

Barley Restaurant
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My friends and I had a short trip to Hoi An and we accidentally found this restaurant as we were looking for a place after a long walk through the city. Even it is busy, the service is great and the foods is even better. We will definitely go back if we have a chance.

1  Thank JasonL123

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We had been for lunch here and had sandwiches which were fine, although not served together. Massive list of coffees which were not available.

We returned another evening which just went wrong. Me and my partner ordered pasta and garlic bread, asked for all served together. Waitress agreed. Garlic bread came quickly , no pasta. Twenty minutes later my partners pasta arrived, ten minutes after that my carbonara came. This was a disgrace , the egg had cooked resulting in spaghetti with scrambled egg, tasteless too. We explained the issues to the waitress who didnt understand that the dish shouldn't be served like it was. She also thought we had asked for our mains to be served together , which they weren't and I had clearly asked for it to be all together.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This restaurant serves really delicious food, and the prices represent very good value. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Dave-Goldie
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The waiter was lovely and couldn't apologise enough. First choice not available, ok no problem..... Second choice not available..... Ok. Third choice available. But how can a Vietnamese restaurant not know how to do Pho noodles. The noodles were a cold and 'claggy' lump, stuck together. I tried letting the broth do it's work but it wasn't hot enough. Broth, I use the term loosely. So it was lukewarm water and a congealed mass at best. So I'll try one more time. Mistake. What was ordered and what was delivered 2 different things entirely and what was delivered was dry rice paper, shredded lettuce and an omelet. Not shrimp pancakes ! Given the fact, it is Tet and no-one is available (many other restaurants succeeded) I was flexible but seriously, just close for the holiday period or don't offer food. With so much choice available in this beautiful place, this restaurant would be very low in the list.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've been in Hoi An for a week and i've eat there every night. They serve good italian food in great portion, you're sure to be full with on plate.
We've been warmly greet every day and all the food were always freshly made.
Place at the periphery of the old Hoi An, it's a quiet place to reste from all the animation.

1  Thank NOMADontheLAND