“Visited for spa and meal”

Phu Thinh Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 141 Hotels in Hoi An
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Visited for spa and meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was staying with a relative in Vietnam and she kindly arranged for me to have a massage and meal at this hotel. There was a wide selection of massages including a body massage, aromatherapy massage, Thai massage etc. We were taken into a lovely hut within the grounds of the hotel, which was very clean and as expected for a treatment room. I was told that there is normally relaxing music playing but unfortunately the machine had broken just before our visit. I had chosen a body massage, and my masseuse started by applying oil to my leg before giving it a good massage. Although she was little she was defintely very strong and applied a good amount of pressure, but she did say at the beginning to let her know if she was too hard. She proceeded to my other leg, then my back, shoulders, head and arms. I left floating on air after my first ever massage, and it definitely will not be the last after that wonderful experience.

After the massage we made our way to the open sided restaurant where we were surrounded by beautiul views of the lotus pond and well manicured grounds of the hotel. There was a pool nearby that looked very clean and appealing. I was desparate to jump in and have a swim. We perused the food menu and I was pleased to see that there was a good choice of vegetarian food, and after explaining that I was vegetarian they were also able to provide me with a further range of dishes that weren’t on the menu including vegetable spring rolls, tofu in tomatoe and chilli sauce, sauteed vegetables, sweer and sour fried aubergine, vegetables and noodles. We ordered more food than we really needed but it was so delicious we couldn’t stop eating, and we left the hotel feeling very full but very contented.

Throughout my visit all the staff were very friendly and attentive, and they were a pleasure to meet. Although I didn’t stay in the hotel the areas that I saw appeared clean, and I would have no problem staying there in the future. Also, we were able to take a stroll into the centre of Hoi Ann from the hotel, which took about 20 minutes although it may take longer if you stop and look in all the shops along the road, and it is therefore ideally located.

Thank you Phu Thinh II for a lovely experience to add to the many I have had during my trip to Vietnam.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 290ClaireM290

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

The pool and surrounding garden were stunning.
The staff at the breakfast buffet were lovely. The buffet offered many options with a good selection of western foods.
There was only wifi in the lobby as it did not reach the rooms, but computers were available.
The hotel offered bikes for the day for $1USD.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hampshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting Hoi An.

Positives: The hotel has a lovely lobby and setting for the pool and restaurant. There is a lotus pond which is lovely to look out on. The pool is a great tempurature and a perfect way to cool down after a hot day shopping.
Breakfast is ok. Pastries, toast, coffee, tea, vietnamese food and an omlette station, you won't go hungary.
The room was large, airy and cool with wifi and a flat screen tv.
The location is 15 minutes walk from the centre of Hoi An. Service in the restaurant was helpful and pleasant.

Negatives: The bathroom/wetroom was pretty dated with a strange wall mounted shower and jet thing that had very little water pressure to make it work.
We were on the ground floor right by the renovation work going on. This didn't disturb us as the rooster had woken us up at 5am, but was pretty annoying as there was no sound proofing from the window. It was slightly irritating to be told by the receptionist that the workmen wouldn't start till 10am when this was obviously not going to be the case.

Overall, this is not a bad place to stay, but i'd have a look around before returning. I'd imagine, that once the work is done, this will be a lovely hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Away from the renovation work if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights as part of a tour. On 2nd floor, I was a bit concerned to see chooks next door but fortunately the rooster crowing didn't disturb me. When we arrived the lobby area looked impressive with the split marble staircase and the dark wood. On arrival in our room we had no hot water as in no water coming out of the taps. They were still fixing it when we left for dinner but plenty of hot water on our return. The breakfast was a 6 out of 10, the juice is not juice but cordial, the tea is very weak, no boiled eggs. The fruit was fresh however and eggs were cooked on request. One member of the group slipped on the pool deck which gets slippery when wet, beware. I had to turn off and on the AC a few times during the night as it was cold blowing on the bed. Overall OK as it is fine for sleeping and swimming and Hoi An is the place to be.

• Stayed March 2013
TicklyTigger
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We moved to the Phu Thin 2 hotel for one night after staying at the Betele Garden Homestay. All in all, it's a nice hotel withe a good sized pool. The breakfast was the main positive point, large buffet catering for Western food as well.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
india
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in Feb '13 during TET new year. Service is non-existent. Air con doesnt work in most rooms. They changed my room 3 times because the A/C didnt work in the first 2.
Breakfast is away from the main property and overlooks a small lotus pond which is pretty. Free wifi. Breakfast is OK. Its a 10-15 min walk to the old quarter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank miteshgupta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I am not someone that usually complains about hotels but had to say a few things about our stay as put a bit of a dampner on what is a lovely town to be in...

Pros:
1. clean room
2. pretty pool and breakfast area

Cons:
1. currently going through renovation/construction, we stayed on the first floor, don't make the mistake of doing this as we were RIGHT next to the work which started at 7am with constant banging and drilling - what really got to us is that this was never mentioned to us when we booked the room so wasn't a nice surprise to wake up to! You can also hear the banging from the pool area. Staff should inform guests of this before booking in.
2. Unhelpful reception staff - we asked twice about information on how to travel to danang, no advice given despite a sign in the lobby saying they arrange travel, we ended up having to walk down the road to ask other tour operators
3. Breakfast was poor (others commented on this as well), flavorless pastries/pancakes, birds eating at buffet - though it is in a lovely setting
4. Completely overcharged laundry at $2 a kg, we were charged $11 but had no where near 5.5 kg of clothes! Go elsewhere for this
5. Lots of roosters and birds making noises very early - so this and the banging did not provide with a very nice morning wake up

Overall not good value for money considering this is suppose to be one of the nicer hotels for the area.

• Stayed March 2013