“Not worth the great location!”
Review of Phu Thinh 1 Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Phu Thinh 1 Hotel
Ranked #131 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed two nights at this hotel before we moved to another hotel in Hoi An. Just to name a few cons about this hotel.... Paper thin walls and were kept awake by reception staff talking then woken by their kids in the morning, damp and a little mouldy, very poor shower pressure, bed sunk in middle. Moved 2 1/2 blocks away which was much better and cheaper

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank K8TTT

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed here a number of times and may use it again. Nothing special about the rooms - the two upstairs are a bit better, but it has a great location in the old part of Hoian, mid way between the market and the Japanese bridge. It has a small courtyard at the front. It is fairly cheap, but it is the location that sells it. Don't confuse it with the more upmarket, more expensive Phu Thinh 2 which is out of town.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2010

The location of this hotel is about the only good thing it has to offer. Whilst the rooms are of an adequate size and clean the other areas let it down.The hotel was very quite. There were bus groups coming and going and in the evening if you wish to dine do so early as they have group dining .
The breakfast area is in need of some TLC . There isn't much choice if you don't want eggs and dry french pastries. We were there for 3 breakfasts and each morning the same cold tea & coffee and bad service.We ate at the restaurant one evening and it was reasonable better than breakfast.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We found this hotel to be quite good. Central,economical. Was quite cool and rainy during our stay here of of three nights, so didnt get to the pool. Staff we found very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, didnt have any other meals at restruant. Over all would recomment this hotel. We hired our bikes from reception-best way to get around. Lots of good resturants and tailors close by

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 65jak
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Great if you take one of the upstairs front balcony rooms.There are only 2 of these rooms..
They are giantic rooms,with refrigerator lounge couches and tables etc,.and the air con works well.
Staff are great, and you have a balcony.
Out the door on the street opposite a great little cafe doing great foods and pastries.
Booking for this hotel is sometimes a problem on booking sites,as the #1 hotel we are discussing above is many times confused with their #2 hotel,same name,different area on the main road to the beach.
Also very nice 2 or 3 star and with pool.
I are trying to book the #1 hotel at the moment, for my visit next week, March 7th 09 but its proving difficult,as there is a lot of conflict on the rates,the last site quoting US$30 which is ridiculous for a basic but cute property such as the #1.
For that price I would rather stay at their #2 with all the 2 star trimmings that their own site quotes the standatd room at only us&35 with breakfast.
Ill keep hunting though!
Dennis The Menace..

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank n0mad4u
Reviewed January 17, 2009

I found the girl at the reception to be very rude. She just showed me to the room without speaking or looking at me. Every question I asked was responded to unhelpfully, even a raised voice on one occassion. The other staff are ok but I woudn't say particularly friendly.

Receptionsist aside, I would't bother with this place anyway. The rooms are grotty, dark and have no external windows. My room was infested with mosquitos (the worst I've had in 5 months travelling in Asia, must have been about 30-40 of them). They provide nets but I was still bitten to death.

Also don't bother with the "better" $15 a night rooms upstairs. They have windows and a shared balcony but the metal roof makes an almighty racket if the wind picks up.

FYI: rooms are big enough with tv, fridge, wardrobe, hot shower. Laundry service is excellent as is the location right in the heart of the old town.

To be honest though Hoi An is full of lovely guest houses which are good value for money. For $12 a night you can do much better than this.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 8, 2007

This Hotel is excellenf for someone who wants cheap accommodation right in the heart of Hoi An. It has a nice courtyard at the front. I have stayed there twice now, and sent others there. The people are very friendly and everything works - hot water, air conditioning etc. However, it is certainly basic in fittings etc, so if you are looking for a luxury hotel with a pool and lots of tourists around you - go somewhere else (plenty of tourist hotels at the beach area). I'll go back!

PS don't confuse it with the more upmarket Phu Thinh 2.

Rob Toogood

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank VoltageBallarat