“Hidden gem”
Review of Chefhung's Home Kitchen - CLOSED

Chefhung's Home Kitchen
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: My dear friends and guests at Chef Hung's It deeply happy me to start the restaurant again from 20th october 2014. Has been receiving from many generous reviews and lovely guests. It is you that have made Chef Hung's flourish and I am forever grateful. I thank you for your patience and extend my gratitude to all that support the very thing that I love to do. Creating fresh and vibrant food is so important to me. I am now back in business as Vietnamese Authentic Cooking Class as I would love to do. I would like to announce to all of customers to visiting my new restaurant in Nha Trang 04 Pasteur st, Khanh Hoa. Warmest wishes to you all and thank you again, Hung
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Both the surroundings and food in the restaurant are top notch. The staff are also wonderful and helpful. I have only just found this restaurant although I have been in Hoi An for some time. Its rooftop location is great with a welcoming cool breeze on very hot nights. The only thing I would say is that I would love to see more Vietnamese dishes on the menu then I could come every night. I would suggest you book or get there early as they don't have a huge seating capacity. Their prices are very reasonable also.

chefhung, Owner at Chefhung's Home Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear customer ! thank you for you excellent review here, I've appreciated so much. I dont know how to thank you enough, after a bad review I have ( location doesn't make up for the food ) I just want to do my best as I can, all the simple food I have on the menu I think i could make it under control, I try to give all freshness ingredients in my food to my all dear customers. It's make me feel happy when my customers happy with what they enjoin. once again, thank you so much !

have a good day ahead !

Reviewed June 19, 2014

After all the exciting reviews we went here ourselves. The rooftop terrace is amazing with a view over the Hoi An rooftops. Food was average at best, we had the grilled fish which turned out to be tough catfish, beef rolls and the green salad. Other menu options have limited Vietnamese dishes and include pizzas and French fries, so not your authentic Vietnamese kitchen.

I can imagine that if the chef visits your table and helps prepare a menu it really adds to the experience. My recommendation would be to go for a quick pho with a beer to enjoy the view and have dinner elsewhere.

chefhung, Owner at Chefhung's Home Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear customer !

I am so sorry, I did not taking good care of you bcause I have work all day long in the kitchen. I wish I could come to your table to prepare the menu for you. I am sorry for that problem can cause your bad feeling in my restaurant. I will try my best to improove better service and food.

have a good time !

Reviewed June 19, 2014

A nice little restuarant which is above a bookshop in the main area of the Old Quarter. It was incredibly hot when we were there, but the staff bought cool towels and shifted fans to help cool us down.
We had a couple of small plates and shared - including the spring rolls. The food was very fresh and tasty, with good portions and lots of fresh flavour. It was also interesting to see what was going on in the kitchen - as it is fully open to the restaurant. No where to hide here! I also had a mango smoothie with my meal, which was very refreshing.
The chef is a bundle of energy - bounding up and down the stairs, and checking with all the guests to make sure they are happy and have everything they need.
After dinner we headed up to the rooftop bar, and had a couple of very nice cocktails. The roof catches the night time breeze, and has a lovely outlook out over the Hoi An township.

chefhung, Owner at Chefhung's Home Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Customer !

on be half of all staff, my self we all thank you very much. I tell my self if I keep saying thank you and thank you all over again it is seem like boring, but my english is not enough to describe more than that, I don't know there is another word better than thank you hihi. sorry for my poor english, thats all I can say ! thank you for your giving a vietnamese chef to cook some simple authentic vietnamese noodle,

you know I truly say thank you from my heart.

have a good day !

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Just make the effort to walk up the flights of stairs to the outdoor seating area overlooking the tops of buildings and you won't be disappointed.
Around $20 for both of us to have a great meal.
Food was excellent

Dear Customer !

on be half of all staff, my self we all thank you very much. I tell my self if I keep saying thank you and thank you all over again it is seem like boring, but my english is not enough to describe, I don't know there is another word better than thank you hihi. sorry for my poor english, thats all I can say !
you know I truly say thank you from my heart.

have a good day !

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Real Vietnamese Food on a unique rooftop. Sip a delicious Margarita, then launch into a dish of soft noodles with the freshest seafood. Look out over the rooftops of Hoi An. Savor the perfect blend of deliciousness. Meet the Chef and observe his small kitchen and the BarBQ Grill. His staff are just loveable, fun and helpful. Close to the centre Walking Bridge and you walk through the small book and poster shop to reach the stairs. This is a "no-misser", you have to experience this while in Hoi An. Finish up with the Banana Fritters. You will leave here with a big smile.

chefhung, Owner at Chefhung's Home Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

thank you ! thanks for your time . thanks your feeling good about my restaurant. I hope I can do better in the future !
have a nice day ahead mate !