“Lovely place, good location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Huy Hoang River Hotel

Huy Hoang River Hotel
Ranked #119 of 140 Hotels in Hoi An
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, good location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here because we were in Hoi An during my brithday, so wanted somewhere nice and central. When we arrived at 8am off the sleeper bus, they showed us to breakfast and half an hour later they'd made our room ready for us. The room itself was spacious and clean, with shutters and a large bed and dark furniture. The overal feel of the room was very realxing and comfortable, and the bathroom was also excellent and modern, with a huge shower head and dark tiles floor to ceiling. It was very clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable.

It is very close to everything, right next to the Central Market and all the tailors and shopping, and just a 5-10 minute walk to get across the river for the night market and nice restaurants.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, and even more so when they found out it was my birthday! We rented a scooter one day to go to An Bang beach and that was good - they helped us with directions and petrol. THe breakfast is also rather delicious - the tea tastes very similar to the UK (hard to find in asia), the banana and chocolate pancakes were amazing and they are very generous with the fruit salad!

Room Tip: Scond floor towards the back has lovely river views.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travelled HoiAn last summer (Aug, 2012) and stayed at Huy Hoang hotel. A standard room was quite small but very beautiful and cosy bathroom amenities. My husband and I really liked their decor in the room. Unfortunately, I got sick after the first day in HoiAn, my husband asked the reception for help but they discomfort us. We ordered pizza for dinner, they agreed but 20mins later phoned us to say that pizza was sold out ??? I got an allergy and was comatose for few hours. We planned to expand our stay but they did not give us any recommendation except PAYING ROOM PRICE IMMEDIATELY. We really disappointed about staff attitude and never come back again.

Room Tip: choose rooms on the sencond floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel has a good location, within easy walking distance of historic Hoi An and the rooms are nice for the price. The staff has been friendly, helping us to get to My Son and the beach with ease (we rented a scooter from them). The only issue would be for light sleepers due to the proximity to the Market as well as a busy intersection. Overall a good place!

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the rear of the hotel as this is further away from traffic/Market.
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Huy Hoang River hotel is in a really good location for exploring Hoi An, right next to the bustling market in the old town. As mentioned in the heading, the banana (and pineapple) pancakes were exceptional, though the other breakfast options were rather lack-lustre. The room was clean and neat with a hint of Japanese styling, and a nicer bathroom than we'd seen elsewhere. The staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs, however we later learnt that the Tailor they recommended to us pays them a 30% commission - perhaps making our clothes purchased there a bit pricier than items bought at other tailors - just something to consider. Overall a nice place to base yourself when exploring Hoi An.

1 Thank Holly W
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The reception staff treats you with strained tolerance rather than courtesy. The catch on the door of my room didn't work so I had to fiddle with it every time I left to get it to close properly. The noise level was relatively high, for which I would advise anyone who wants to sleep to get a hotel on the other side of the river. The traffic is well underway at 5am. The bathroom sink was clogged, the bathroom itself seemed like prison decor (although the room irself was not bad with lovely wooden ceilings); the shower was boiling one day, tepid the next. This is the only hotel I've stayed at in Vietnam in which mosquitos have been an issue, understandably because the window frame did not fit precisely and there was ample room to enter. The pillow case had mascara stains and the sheets did not appear too clean either. I had my laundry done and it came back simply thrown into a bag and not completely dry. The afternoon before I had to leave I received a vague email that my flight had been cancelled. In a bit of a panic to get clarification from the airline, I asked for assistance from the receptionist and her reply was '4000VND for the phone'. Nuff said? This is my first negative review.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Chzboyga
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Firstly the location of this hotel is the best part. It is right in the middle of everything and easy walking distance to restaurants, the covered Japanese bridge, and is actually next door to the outdoor market. We found the staff to be helpful and efficient - their English is good, better than our Vietnamese... The room is fine - clean and spacious. The air conditioner leaked a bit so don't put your bags underneath it!
You can rent bikes and motorbikes from here, and if you ask for a room on the river you are a bit away from the street if you are a light sleeper.
Value for money - absolutely. Stick to something basic at breakfast and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a riverside room if you are a light sleeper and maybe a second floor room as the cleaning staff...
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have a best time here in Hoi An in Lunar New Yeaw 2012 with my German friend
We rent a bycicle here riding around this small town and this place you can just walk to the center

The room and everywhere in this hotel are clean.
Staffs really friends & helpful
There are small map of the town that you can have an idea where to go easily

I hope everyone stay here have a nice time & enjoy Hoi An like ,me & my friend have :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hoi An Viet House Homestay
Huy Hoang Garden Hotel
Huy Hoang Garden Hotel
#108 of 140 in Hoi An

Been to Huy Hoang River Hotel? Share your experiences!