“Well located and has charm”

Hoi An Historic Hotel
Ranked #79 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Had 4 nights in early Sept 2010. Hotel is well located and possibly the biggest major hotel complex near the old town. The old town is about a 5 minute walk away.

Pool great after a hot day and staff friendly and willing to help you. Breakfast good.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I really liked the location of this hotel being so close to the Ancient town of Hoi An, but when you returned to the hotel there was a really nice atmosphere around the hotel and you could easily forget that you were in the middle of a busy town. The hotel also has a pretty outside resturant.

This is an old hotel, so may not to be to everyone’s liking, but I enjoyed the contrast having stayed in quite new hotels before this one during our tour of Vietnam.

If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, I would recommend using LITTLE VIETNAM TOURS (www.holidaysinindochina.com). Van and her team just did a fantastic job with all our arrangements for our two week tour of this thoroughly interesting country.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Large rooms, good breakfast, helpful staff, great location for shopping.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The Hoi An Hotel is approx 12 yrs old, so some of the facilities are worn or need modernization (e.g metal keys with room numbers on). The staff are very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is very good, with an excellent choice and good quality, would high recommend.

The rooms can be quite dark, because of the wood and shuttering, we moved to an upstairs room which was larger and more airy. My main moan would be that a lot of the rooms over look the swimming pool and they do not have a closing time for the pool, so we found it very noisy especially when inconsiderate people would decide to take a swim around 11pm and become very boisterous and noisy. At the other end children swimming very early in the morning leads to not much sleep.

The location of the hotel was good and all the shops and restaurants were very accessible. It has a sister hotel by the beach and they run a shuttle every hour which is good as this allows you to see another part of the town and experience the sea.

As we went in July the heat was extreme, the best time to shop was evening, when it is very pleasant to stroll around the town. Overall would recommend the hotel

A note for anyone wanting to get clothes made. Every shop offers the facility to make your clothes. As with anything the sales people are great when they are Selling, it’s the other side you need to be aware of. We used a tailor called B’Lan on 23 Tran Phu Str
Initially they were very friendly and helpful. They usually take your measurements and you go back the next day for a fitting. My husbands clothes were fine. One of the oufits my daughter chose was from a photo we showed them, it had a bow and belt on it, but it wasn’t on her dress, they argued that they had not priced for it. We managed to persuade them to make this with no further cost. The main problem was with some trousers they made for me. They did not fit properly at all, they took my measurements again and said to come back the next day for another fitting. When I next tried them on they still did not fit and I noticed that where they had altered them you could see all the stitching. When I brought this to their attention they said it would wash out. I said this was not the case and then my husband told them to wash them. When I returned that afternoon, the marks had not come out and they still did not fit properly. I had now been 3 times for fittings and still no luck. By now the staff were unhelpful and talking animatedly in Vietnamese but not bothering to speak to me. They were very rude and I was extremely disappointed in the way they had handled the situation and treated me. I ended up with not having the trousers as I had lost confidence in their abilities. We had spent a lot of money and they did nothing to appease me and offered no apology. We did find a helpful tailor in Kim Phung on 119 Tran Phu St, she is the owner and this makes a difference as she was more customer orientated.

Just be warned everyone is so friendly when they first encounter you, but if anything should go wrong that is when you really see the true side of them

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank EdinaAuckland
Reviewed August 8, 2010

hotel is fine, nice out door brekfast area underthe trees plenty of food choice my kids loved it. rooms big but not a lot of water pressure in the shower, but in vietnam this is not atypical. pool was a jem. only hastle one night we had a soccer party next door and it was really loud but next night really quiet. hoi an is a great spot, the river in the evening, food at white marble bar excellent and clothes made by the lovely girlsat Dong Phuong about 300 metres down the road from the hotel (away from he beach and other side of road), Dont forget to take the free shuttle bus from the hotel to the beach, buy an umbrella and have beer looking at the tepid ocean.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kay-and-david
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The hotel is well kept up, with lots of wood on the walls and furniture. Nice tea and cookies in the room. The Cafe is a short walk from the hotel, and has very wide menu choices. We ate there 3 times, including the breakfast buffet. Buffet was more limited than I expected, but good. As a hint: the Omlette station is outdoors....

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

After superb accommodation standards at the Hanoi Elegance2 and teh Orchid Hotel in Hue, what a disappointnent this 4 star property was.

Water pressure in the shower was appalling and to take a shower was a task. Receptoion staff were abundant but seemed to have been hired more to keep each other company than assist guests. More than once I felt I was an intrusion into their little chat club.

We originally booked 4 nights, then decided it was to omuch trouble to pack for a single night in Da Nang prior to flying to Saigon(Ho Chio Minh City). This additional night booking made to the reception staff who numbered 4 that night, STILL did not manage to inoput it into the hotel inventory. They have computers, but put things in a beat up old excercise book, which leads to errors and ommissions.

We ahd to do 3 flights of stairs , as their are no lifts, but I felt sorry more for the guys who had to lug our suitcases up and down the stairs. You charge a bundle, put in at least a service lift for the staff to move suitcases.

Breakfast was excellent and apart from one sourpus waitress, the other were always warm smiling and welcoming. Perhaps they should be put on reception to teach staff their how to treat guests.

The pool attendants and Bar staff around pool were always warm and welcoming.

Really the hotel itself is NOT the best and needs to be smartened up in attitude and probably needs to lose a star and drp their rate to a level commensurate with their service. The Hotels in Hanoi and Hue, far outstripped the Hoi An property in quality and customer service. Pity we did not get a referral from either of them to a property of equal service in Hoi An. Next time we will ask again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends