“Wonderful Cooking Class!”

$150.00*
and up
2-Night Hoi An Boutique Hotel Stay Including Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Goda cooking class offers a variety of culinary experiences from a hands-on, interactive cooking class with optional cooking menu to the culinary tours to local market and herbal garden. The optinal cooking menu reflects the finest tastes and authentic flavors of Vietnamese food and Hoi an specialties. You can learn to cook what you love and enjoy your own creations Hightlight your vacation with Goda cooking class
Neutral Bay, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Wonderful Cooking Class!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was travelling on a Cruise Ship that docked in Da Nang and wanted to organise a trip into Hoi An for the day with a cooking class. I emailed the restaurant directly to organise the cooking class along with a bike ride of the countryside/visit the duck farm, herb gardens & blacksmith and also a visit to the local market they were very prompt with their response I was impressed before I had even arrived. The staff collected me from my ship in Da Nang which was an extra that I organised and were very professional they brought me to the restaurant and gave me a welcome drink before we headed off on our bike ride through the countryside which was just lovely I really got a taste for the true Vietnam! Once back at the restaurant we began preparing & cooking, Ms Linh & I prepared alongside each other then I watched her cook before I proceeded to cook. We made Fresh Spring Rolls & even decorated them, Green Mango & Beef Salad and also Sauteed Chicken with Chilli & Lemongrass. All meals were delicious and I sat with the Sales Manager to eat mine, it was lovely to have some company while eating the meal. The class was a one on one experience which was great - I really enjoyed the day and would thoroughly recommend anyone visiting Hoi An to take a cooking class here!

Visited February 2014
thanh p, Owner at Goda Bar & Restaurant Cooking Class, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear gourmet chef,

Thank you for being gourmet chef at Goda cooking class. I am delighted to know you enjoyed our hand-on, personalized cooking class and the interactive culinary tour

We are happy to present the real glimpse of Vietnamese farming, cultivating and their daily activities to visitors

We believe Vietnamese cooking is not merely technique, it is culture

Hope you love Hoi An, and Goda as well.

Linh phanbuu (Mrs.)

Culinary Instructor

• Korean first
AB, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and Tasty”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Ling at the Goda Bar and Cooking School provided us with a terrific learning experience and a fun filled morning. Her class was well organized and I must say it is great fun to cook when you have an assistant to clean your skillet and magically appear with prepped ingredients. Our finished lunch was very tasty. Ling's sense of humour and personality were delightful. A highly recommended experience!

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

thanh p, Owner at Goda Bar & Restaurant Cooking Class, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear distinguished chef,

It is our pleasure to have you as gourmet chef at Goda cooking class

Thanks a lot for your favorable comment and sharing your personal, hand-on cooking experience on our Taste of Vietnam course.

We are delighted to promote Vietnamese cuisine to visitors. Through cooking, we try to present our food, people and culture. We do hope that you love Hoi An, and Goda as well

Happy cooking at home!

Linh phanbuu
Culinary Instructor
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great intro to Vietnamese cooking”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Thank you to Ms Linh for her clear instructions! The demos were great and my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed being in a class of 2. We cooked up a 3 course masterpiece in no time, then ate it in the restaurant and enjoyed a bottle of wine. The teacher spoke excellent English and had a great sense of humour.

We received a certificate and very handy gift that we will definitely use when we go home.

Visited January 2014
thanh p, Owner at Goda Bar & Restaurant Cooking Class, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Mrs. Meghanne E,

It is my pleasure to welcome you at our Taste of Vietnam gourmet cooking class at Goda restaurant.

Thanks a lot for your favorable comment on the cooking experiences that you have obtained from our cooking class. Definitely, I will share them to my staff.

Do hope that you will bring A Taste of Vietnamese into your daily cooking.

There are two more culinary tours of our cooking program awaiting you when you back to Hoi An, the Market and Village Tour.

Both tours begin with a short cycling ride heading to one of the most colorful markets where you can interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson, or to the picturesque An My village where you will have a real glimpse into the traditional way of living of the charming people who provide you the interesting information of the cultivation of fresh herbs and vegetables as well as the use of them in traditional Vietnamese treatment.

Dear Mrs. Meghanne E,

It is my pleasure to welcome you to our Taste of Vietnam gourmet cooking class at Goda restaurant.

Thanks a lot for your favorable comment on the cooking experiences that you have obtained. Definitely, I will share them to my staff.

Linh Phan Buu
bribie island
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“First Time cooking School”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Booked into this cooking school on recommendation of where we were staying in Hoi An . Was very convenient but in saying that we were picked up by a taxi and dropped off at the Goda Restaurant and introduced to our cooking teachers . There was only myself and my wife and we were made to feel relaxed and were given a hands on experience in preparing 3 vietnamese dishes which even included decorations. Information regarding the ingrediants,their nutritional and health benefits were also provided.
After you complete the course you then sit down and dine on your outstanding dishes that you have prepared for yourselves.
There are different options you can choose and ours didn't include the visit to the markets to obtain the produce but you can include this if you want.
At lunch were were greeted warmly by Frederick who is the owner who went out of his way to make sure everything was to our expectations and then proceeded to present to us our certificates and took a photo which duly arrived as promised by email.
All in all a great cooking experience in a modern clean environment with happy friendly staff and no expectations of ones cooking abilities

Visited May 2013
“Friendly, authentic hands on cooking class”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A cookery class that caters for all abilities. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere with clear demonstration which is followed by hands on experience at your own cooking station. Eat your heart out 'master chef'