“Absolutely amazing food and people ”
Review of Kim Oanh Restaurant - CLOSED

Kim Oanh Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New restaurant in Center Hoi An We served : - Vietnamese cuisine - Hoi An speciality foods - Italian foods - Fresh seafoods Cooking classmate everyday
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I went there just for a soup and it became my favorite place ! They have the best White rose (famous starter in hoi an) ! The Papaya salad
With shrimps is amazing ! And an interimg version of chicken soup with glass noodles Mien ga soup ! Dont miss this place !

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had my hotel at the opposite side. After checking in I just went there to have a drink, but then it became to one of the best meetings and places in HoiAn. Your are served just like living in a big family. The woman, who is cooking is one of the best cooks you can find in VN. I hope they have good luck with their system : being frendly, helpfull, good quality and perfect meals. Thank you for all, especially the time for talking, eating and fun. I will come back !!!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We went here, solely on the positive vibe we got from a western man handing out flyers. It turned out he and his Vietnamese wife run the restaurant.

Let me start by stating if I had the same level of service, that was attentive and professional, in the the U K I would be very happy. We were informed that the slight delay , (however we had not felt a problem) was due to one meal taking longer than the other to prepare, and she wanted the meals to come out together. This hardly occurs in Asia in my experience.

3 000 dong fresh Cold beer, great food, excellent service: this place is a must. We both ate western food, the big home cut chips were a real surprise.

Only a five minute walk from the river front, but well worth the visit.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

It's the 2nd time I've visited Hoi An but I'm very glad I stumbled upon this little gem - I only sat down and ordered a 3000 dong beer because I felt guilty about getting so much help with advice and booking travel and accommodation - for nothing! - from the wonderful owner, Thuy (I think that's how you spell her name). Soon after sitting down for a beer, I had a wonderful and funny chat with Thuy's English husband, Paul - which was great as I was travelling on my own.
I didn't have any food that day as I was already full, but after having a good laugh with Paul he gave me my 2 beers on the house on the proviso that I come back the next day - this was a proposition I was happy to go along with as the food for the rest of the diners looked pretty good and they seemed happy enough with it.
The next day I brought along two backpackers from the hotel Thuy helped book me into. I had a Vietnamese chicken dish (can't remember the name) which was superb and my friends both had western dishes - one was not on the menu but Thuy was more than happy to 'mix & match' to their taste. We all ate, drank and laughed with Paul a great deal. I ate there once on each of my 4 days in Hoi An and it was much better, and cheaper than the other restaurants I had meals in. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, not just for the food, but for the friendly staff and happy atmosphere.
I'm looking forward to returning with more friends. Visited in March 2014.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

An extensive menu of European and vietnamese food. Delightfully friendly welcome and service. Having tired of noodles somewhat I chose a cheeseburger, which was delicious.