“Fantastic experience!”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

If you're staying at the Grassland Hotel or anywhere in Hoi An for that matter, do not miss the Grassland tailors. I had a very specific design in mind and the tailor sketched out my idea several times until we both liked the design. For a two-piece fitted suit with silk lining and silk on the lapels and pockets the cost was $95, and the quality is unparalleled. The lady spoke very good English and was happy for us to come back and have it fitted again and again until we were happy (I only had it fitted twice). They offered to take it to our hotel or to the post office which was very helpful.

If you're not into buying a suit, then you could take in some torn clothes or clothes that are too big - for flawless alterations on 2 trousers they charged me 20,000 dong (less than a dollar).

I could not recommend this place highly enough!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank getmeonaplaaane

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“our best tailoring experience in Hoi An”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We are just home from Vietnam. While in Hoi An we tried 4 different tailors, ranging in price and size of business. We may have walked straight past this small business if it had not been for meeting another tourist who had had 2 jackets made here, and recommended their services. This small shop turned out to be our best tailoring experience. We had a mens wool / cashmere suit made, 2 pairs of trousers, 1 ladies fitted jacket, and a summer dress made ( the last 2 items were from pictures I had bought with me ). All of our items were made and fitted beautifully. The shop was quiet, non pushy, offered cold bottles of water each visit, were happy to refit until we were happy, and got our clothing correct within 3 fittings. A much more pleasurable experience than the other tailors we had used. The quality of the suiting fabrics were very good, and we would use this tailor again. The only limitation was the selection of fabrics - especially for ladies. I did see a very well made leather jacket come in while we were there, and they had no leather that I could see in the shop, so maybe they have other fabrics they can show you. The prices were very good as well.

Visited February 2014
Wexford, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hoi An Tailor-made suits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My friend and I were travelling through Vietnam, we had been told that Hoi An was the place to get some tailor made suits. So we arrived in Hoi An and rented bikes and travelled around checking out numerous tailors to decide which we felt was our favourite shop. We decided that Grassland clothes shop was by far the best shop we had seen, there were one or two shops which offered us slightly cheaper prices but we felt that Grassland had the best quality and a very friendly staff the boss of whom was Ty, who was really great, she was very helpful and drives a hard bargain.ated well and given refreshments whilst in the shop. We agreed a good price and were fitted, we came for a 2nd fitting the following day before collecting our suits on the 3rd day, we were always tre We were both absolutely delighted with the quality of our 3 piece suits.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tailor in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

A friend and I were very interested in having some tailoring done, and decided to look at 5-6 places in town to find our favourite one. On our first day we walked into Grassland, even though it was not one on our list (we used google search to find places). After checking out all the "hot spots" in town, we decided that Grassland had the best prices and overall value.
Upon arriving in the store we were greeted by Ty, a very helpful young woman with a lot of knowledge on tailoring. She measured us and made sure we had seen all of the options they had to offer.
At the initial fitting we could already see that the quality was going to be great, and both of us decided to order more stuff =)

Great quality, great service. I will be back!

Visited June 2013