“Beautiful hand-painted clothing”
Review of Papillon Noir

Papillon Noir
Ranked #272 of 463 Shopping in Hoi An
Reviewed June 22, 2018

Bought two beautiful hand-painted silk scarves from this boutique in Hoi An old town. We liked the colours of one for our daughter, but it had a small mark on it. The lovely owner/artist painted over it as part of the design, and then delivered it to our hotel the next day. She is a real artisan. Very reasonable prices.

Date of experience: June 2018
in 11 reviews
"clothes"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed February 9, 2018

i have been to this shop with my friend and bought a kimono and a dress. The material was absolutely amazing (kimono's 100%silk and the dress was 50%cotton n 50%silk, also everything at Papillon Noir is hand painting. Since the clothes is made by natural silk so it is recomended to dry clean to avoid worn out.
And the shop had moved to 23 Nguyen Thai Hoc st.
I really look forward for the new design.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank DanhBacN
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

I was wowed when I saw the designs. Very classy and not the usual local designs I had seen in my 3 months in Vietnam. I even bought 2 tops in the same design for myself and mum, despite the risk that we may wear the same thing out. After 3 wears, this is what happened to my mum's blouse. The material at the neckline and underarm frayed. The price is higher than other local clothes so I'd expected better material to be used.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely lovely and unusual silk dresses. I could have bought the whole store but had to settle for a fabulous hand painted silk dress. Sizes are probably on the small size I'm usually a 12 and was a perfect large.

Date of experience: October 2017