“Beautiful people and beautiful place”

Homeland River Homestay
Ranked #69 of 298 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was originally planning on staying at the Homeland River Homestay for just 3 nights but ended up staying for over a week. The whole family are so friendly and eager to help in anyway they can. I often left the free bikes in town over night (by accident) and they would give me a lift into town to pick them up. The atmosphere is very relaxed as it's far enough out of town to feel more rural rather than staying in the hustle and bustle of the ancient town. The distance isn't a problem though as there are free bicycles to use. It felt like a home from home where they really looked after you, I would go back again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed only one night at Homeland River Homestay, but it was really good. The old city centre and market takes about 10 minutes by bike, an easy ride.

The rooms are clean, breakfast is good and the owners are really friendly. Definitely value for money. Especially because we could store our luggage, use the free bicycles and got a free dropoff at the bus station on our day of departure. The owner even arranged fresh, still warm, bread for us for a small fee.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 days with this family and i have to say its been great!

- the Mother is very helpfull, she is willing to bring you on the motor cycle to the bus.
- good atmosphere.
- free bikes to use to get to the center of Hoi An.
- the location is quite nice next to the River en still just outside of the crowded center.
- the room is clean and has a lcd flat screen.

I reccomend this place for a backpacker. Its quite luxy for a affordable price!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a very lovely homestay and good value for money. The hosts are very helpful and pleasant. The place is clean and it's easy to get into town on the bikes that are available for free. It takes lass than 10 minutes to cycle there and the road seems safe and not over crowded.

Room Tip: There is no lift, however the rooms are only a few flights upstairs. Had a fantastic leg and foot ma...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank holm511
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night arriving very early from Dong Hoi. They said my room wasn't ready but I could have breakfast for 2$ and wait outside. The 'breakfast' was unsatisfying, there are some choices on the menu but the two I tried during my stay were both not too delicious and filling so I had to eat out again. The family who runs the homestay however is amazingly friendly and I enjoyed the free bike rental, too. I was lucky as they were always available when I needed them but there didn't seem too many guests when I was there. Without a bike the location is pretty far off the life in hoi an which is a shame. And whereas I felt completely safe traveling and staying at the homestay as a woman, I did not enjoy the way back to the homestay at night. The single room was big and very clean, providing shampoo, bath foam and soap. All in all I was happy though at some point I thought that the housewife was too friendly and trying to sell her shoes.. Good place to stay but maybe a bit too expensive for what you get (esp breakfast/location being really negative points).

Room Tip: Top floor quiet and best view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Good value choice for a stay in Hoi An, free bike use was awesome, the breakfast real good too!
Very friendly and helpful owners, even though I was here during the floods, they were still very calm and quick to have a laugh
Wish I could have stayed longer, loved it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and nothing bad to say. Room is clean every day, the breakfast is very good, and free bike is a plus! On top of that, the family who runs the hotel is very friendly and they will help you for everything needed.

• Stayed: October 2013