“Looked for a drink - found an amazing photogallery”

Enjoy Ice Cream bar & Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 808 Restaurants in Hoi An
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with Vietnamese food and western food. Balcony with river view. The largest choice of ice Cream. 57 Flavors, 24 toppings. Self Service. 60 000 Vnd for 100g. And a great menu for dessert with nutella waffle, crepe, chocolate fondant...
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Looked for a drink - found an amazing photogallery”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and me looked for a nice place to have a drink after dinner. As we came along the river we found this nice looking place. It was crowded outside - so we looked for a seat upstairs and found the most amazIng photos in the back of the restaurant. Wonderful portraits especially. We talked to the photographer who is the owner and got to know exciting stories and a lot about the place.
Later we had a Pina Colada and a fresh smoothie - delicious! As we didn't order food: The menue looked nice - a lot of smaller vietnamese and western dishes. Reasonable pries for Hoi An.
We just arrived the day and will definitely go back tomorrow with our kids to taste the icecream!!!

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“There are other ways to "Enjoy Hoi An"”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This IS pricey ice cream, even without toppings. The two of us got full bowls in the smallest size cups with no toppings and the price was around $15. That's a lot, I think because the dairy is imported? Still, a definite premium versus ice cream at home, which might have been ok if it was spectacular. Unfortunately, it was lacking creaminess and depth of flavor.

Average to below average ice cream with an above average price does not equal an average or better rating from us, sorry.

On the plus side, there are LOTS of flavors.

1 Thank AnnapurnaWI
Enjoy H, Owner at Enjoy Ice Cream bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Annapurna,

As a matter of being polite, thank you for your review...
I will not discuss the quantity you had as I physically did not see the bowls.
I am sorry to hear that you thought the ice cream was lacking in creaminess and flavor, our provider of ice cream is the best in Vietnam and uses only premium ingredients using imported french milk (Elle & Vire) and as a result we also pay premium prices. You may not be aware but there was a serious milk contamination in Vietnam. Type it on google search to find out for yourself.
Contrary to 80% of restaurants in Hoi An, we do not own the building and therefore pay a high rent for our premise. We also hire 15 employees that we pay 40% above the normal wages. Our employees work 8 hours shift and not 12 - 14 hours shift like other restaurants, meaning we employ many staff.

We, contrary to most to do not make any cost savings on people. quality of ingredients and the rest.

This all comes to a price but seriously (my two cents) for 15 usd two full bowls of imported ice cream on a riverside restaurant with a western style service, premise, wifi etc... I am lost for words. When one does not cut corners and offers a higher quality on both service and food, one must be more expensive than a cheap (full of msg) restaurant.

I apologise if this answer sounds a little aggressive, I just wanted to give you an insight on the operational side of things in our restaurant.

On the constructive side, I would really appreciate that you point out the flavors that were not up to scratch and we will review on possibly changing the supplier if we deem this would be the opinion of others.

I hope you will give us an other chance in the future and enjoy your travels.

R.
Vietnam
“Came for the Ice Cream, Local Photography and WOW!!!.....”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was referred by a Local Californian expat business owner to check out the Ice Cream and Photo Gallery as My Friend said the Photographer does a lot of good things for the Local people and has amazing work and Super Yummy Ice Cream. He was Not kidding. Awesome Ice Cream....TONS of it !! Many Flavors....Salted Caramel my Favorite !! Excellent Coffee and a Full Menu of Super tasty food. All this with superb friendly staff and a Great Riverside Location with great views and an even better upstairs terrace.
He has a Very Nice Photography exhibit studio in the back with many of his framed Photos to enjoy and purchase too.
I can not say enough good things about my handful of recent visits.....but I think my Belly is getting bigger....There are other places to eat and have Ice Cream in Hoi AN but this is my new favorite hangout for many reasons.....Friendly staff....excellent Ice cream, Food and Coffee Plus a Wonderful Location on the river. All i need in one place. Check them out. ;)

• Visited January 2014
“Disappointing and overpriced”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here after seeing it on TripAdvisor. Based on the reviews, our expectations were high, but sadly not met.After walking in, one of the staff/owners (a Westerner) explained the concept....you grab a tub and serve yourself as much of whatever you want from the large selection of ice creams and toppings. ...at the end you pay by weight. Sounds good? We thought so......until we got to the cash register.The price was 60,000 Vietnamese Dong (US$3 or £2) per 100 grams which according to their own signs, is about 2 scoops of icecream (we found that 100 grams is equivalent to 2 golf ball sized scoops)....and that's without toppings!! While this may not sound excessive by Western standards, it is unaffordable for the Vietnamese (average wage less than US$200 per month) and for the same price in Hoi An, you can buy 3 cornettos (equally as good) from the mini mart or a round of export beers in most of the neighbouring restaurants. As for taste, it didnt live up to their claims.....its not bad but some had a powdery texture and lacked flavour.
In summary, with the benefit of hindsight we would have given it a miss, in favour of one of the restaurants owned by local Vietnamese families....most are good and serve half decent ice cream too!

1 Thank Karl M
Enjoy H, Owner at Enjoy Ice Cream bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear customer,

I've just posted some photos taken tonight and the day before. We had more than 50 Vietnamese eating ice cream. I posted these photos to prove you how wrong is your judgment about our prices. On the photo you will see the terrace full of Vietnamese.
I also noticed that you stayed in expensive hotel and made clothes at one of the most expensive tailors in Hoi An. Sorry but I can not take your review seriously...

Note that the price are written every where and at any moment you can check the price before fill your cup!

Regards

R.
Sunsine Coast Australia
“Best coffee in Nam”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife Jan & I were desperate of a real coffee, cycled across the bridge and found Enjoy, made friends with Rehahn and his beautiful wife. The staff are all very friendly & love a chat which is nice
I got on well with Rehahn due to our love of photograph he has produced an excellent book of portraits. I purchased his book for my coffee table at home on the Sunshine Coast Oz.
Do yourself a favor & visit Enjoy