“Great people, quality work, lovely experience for a first timer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oche Boutique

Oche Boutique
Ranked #66 of 404 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Oche tailor shop is located at 20 Tran Hung Dao street, in the centre of HoiAn Town, near the "BaLe Well". We specialize in made-to-measure clothing. We display a wide range of material and can tailor-make the latest fashions. With our own professional on-site tailors you can be assured of excellent quality garments. Our honest and friendly English, French and Vietnamese speaking sales staff will assist with all fittings. Our aim is to ensure that our clients have an enjoyable experience when visiting our shop.
San Francisco
“Great people, quality work, lovely experience for a first timer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was my first time in Vietnam, in Hoi An, and getting custom clothes made.I had done a bit of research and brought pictures of what I wanted to get and had a few leads of where to try getting clothes made but I was really happy when our tour guide from the bike trip we were on took us straight to the Oche shop. I trusted him to know a good place and having that decision made for us helped to spend more time on getting clothes instead of choosing a tailor.

They have two locations, and we went to the one not on the main street so apparently that means they can keep prices lower and I found the prices to be very decent (more later). First of all Barbara, who helped guide us through the process, was incredibly professional and had a lot of experience to make this a smooth experience for us first timers. She was so friendly and understood a lot about all the different considerations that need to be made when getting custom clothes. They have a computer with internet so you can search for images if you need help getting across what it is you want. They can print out the picture you like to use as a reference. Also there are examples on display for suits that show vents, pockets, lapels, and other details they can do.

The turn around time is mind-blowing. Seriously. I was in Hoi An for less than 48 hours total. We went to Oche the first night we arrived, getting there around 6 or 7pm. I went back the next day at 11am for a fitting, then we went back that evening for final fittings and everything was delivered to our hotel that night by about 11pm. That was just over 24 hours to make us custom:

2 pairs of suit pants, 2 vests, one suit jacket, 2 dress shirts, 2 linen button up shirts, one pair of linen drawstring pants, one replica of Grace Kelly's dress in Rear Window (which had custom embroidery on it), one pencil skirt, one pair of blue jeans, one pair of women's dress pants.

Not only that, but some of those items were added on during the day and were still ready that night. I can't believe how fast they are and when I would try on the clothes they were already pretty close to perfect, most just needed small adjustments to fit a little tighter. The quality of the stiching, lining, every detail was very sharp.

I can't wait to wear my new clothes and I hope that someday I'll get to go back and visit again, and create more custom clothes with them. The only thing I would hope for would be a bit more selection of fabrics for suiting. They have all the standards, but I've got eclectic tastes and would love some 'wilder' options for suits (plaids, seersucker, tweed, linen). It's possible that given more time we could have arranged this, I suspect that Barbara would have been able to work with me to figure it out since she was quite the powerhouse of getting things done.

Thank you Oche!

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautifully tailored and high quality clothes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great shop, hidden away from the main stretch and fairly newly developed so their prices are much lower than their main competitors. The clothes are beautifully tailored and made from high quality material. They can copy existing clothes from just a photo and alter them as many times you wish. My partner had some fantastic shirts made and I had a suit and dress tailored - all of them are fantastic! Well worth a visit!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jo D
Winnipeg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oche Tailor Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was truly a very delightful experience. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to see that my wife and I and our friends were looked after royally . The final products were outstanding in quality of appearance and workmanship. The prices on all the pieces ranging from men's shirts to women's dresses were truly beyond belief. A real highlight in our trip through Viet Nam

Visited November 2012