“Good job !”
Review of Sesan Tailor

Sesan Tailor
Ranked #420 of 454 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: SESAN as a small low-key outfitters. This has been achieved by skilfully minimising our costs and attracting new business through recommendations, thereby ensuring that when you buy a suit from us your money goes towards the suit itself, rather than a lavish shop in locality or an extravagant advertising campaign. Top quality suits at a price everyone can afford - that is our Unique Selling Point. All of our products are hand tailored and delivered to any part of the world within 3 weeks. We makes it easy and affordable for customers to get custom tailored for a look that is professional and fashionable. In addition to our fine custom clothing for individual clients, SESAN also provides custom design and construction of uniforms for several restaurants, hotels..In 1992, SESAN was first established as a small clothing store just to serve a few numbers of local customers. In 1999, when the local tourism industry firstly increased, our clothing store was reformed to become a boutique with the name of "LOVELY". Then, one year later, the name of "LOVELY" was changed to "SESAN" and has been used untill now.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family was so happy with the service receiving from this tailor, especially the lovely sale-girl. She was very friendly, fantastic and easily understands what I meant. This shop also supplies great service and well-sewing clothes. Good job!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a suit, couple of dresses, shorts and some shirts made at Sesan tailors: at first, we had a few items copied by them to see the quality of craftmanship in thie particular place. They did a bang on job copying our first items, so we decided to have the rest of our clothes made by them aswell.

I had a silk-satin dress copied plus a couple of tops copied, my husband had a cashmere-woll -suit made out of a lovely picture(s) of a Tiger of Sweeden -suit. The dress and the tops were nice, my only complaint was, that the dress had a couple of stans in the back when I recieved it : the stains came out in the first wash. The suit took three fittings and looked really nice. My only advice is that you have to be really specific & have time for multiple fittings. It is advisable to either bring an item to be copyed or have a list of features + a picture ( several, if possible) of the style you want: specify lapels, vents, pockets, buttons, lining, stiching etc. in a case of a suit & make sure they write everything down.
The dresses came out to be about 30 euros, the tops about 15 euros, the suit+ two shirts + two ties came to about 160 euros. We were happy with them and also liked the friendly & no-pressure sales tactic. We ended up organizing airtport transfer trough them, since we didin't feel like payin the exorbitant taxi prices: that worked perfectly for about eight euros for a convinient private car.

1  Thank RuusaTuomas
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you are looking for a reliable tailors in Hoi An, you can't go wrong with Sesan Tailors.

We took our own fabric in, and I had 10 tops copied from an original of mine, and my husband had 2 suits made up from scratch.

My tops were $10 each. His suits were $75 each, (plus our own fabric which we sourced from Ho Chi Minh Fabric market before arriving in Hoi An - if you can, do this!!).

We went in at 3pm one day, he had his measurements taken, we went back at 2pm the next day to try on. My tops were perfect. His suit just needed a little loosening for styling, (but fitted perfectly). The actual tailors were there for his fitting, which from a lot of experience is highly unusual. We came back 2 hours later and his suits fitted to perfection!

All in all in 24 hours, we had everything we asked for, with a friendly, no pressure, relaxed attitude. The stitching is excellent, and they keep your measurements on file, so you can email them once home to request more items. They also post everything for you, if you want.

I had a lovely chat with the owner about my fabrics from Ho Chi Minh - she loved them!

Highly recommended.

3  Thank MelindaMulberry
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Hoi an has over 200 tailors all vying for tourist inflated prices. With tailor made suits do your research!! Know what weight you want (mid weight wool/chasmere will suit most climates - 50-50% blend). Be specific on vents, buttons and most importantly get EVERY pocket seem double stitched to avoid any tearing from keeping a wallet or camera in them. Bargain on silk lining - it is cheap and should be no more than $12-$15 more.
Give yourself time. My partner and I needed 3 fittings and adjustments over 5 days. Don't settle for anything you aren't happy with. Suits ended up about $140 each but we are very happy with the results. Shirts were $25 and also made nicely. Would highly recommend this place but do your research first and don't be afraid to show/explain EXACTLY what you require. If purchasing together bargain on prices as we were treated individually so paid extra. Be fair but reasonable. Staff were very accommodating too