“Good value and tasty!”

Ms Nam
Ranked #160 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Ms. Nam! The famous dishes of Hoi An including the freshest seafood, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner. Vegetarian options. Soft and alcoholic drinks.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

During our stay in Hoi An my husband and I ate here twice as the first time was so good. Our tailor said for us to try this place as it was cheaper. We loved it! You definitely get more for your money here and the food tastes great. She's in the "food court" and each stall has a small place to sit with a small kitchen run by a different family. Ms. Nam and I think it was her husband were very nice and all smiles. Our favourite dishes were the white rose (30KVND/small or 60kVND/large), spring rolls (40KVND) and the grilled chicken with veggies in the banana leaf (80k VND... I think). Oh and the banana pancake was good! My husband really liked washing his food down with the local beer (4000 VND a glass).

Eat somewhere different than the bigger restaurants, take in the atmosphere and leave stuffed!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

To put it simply, this was the best pho I've ever tasted and when they didn't have the drink my friend wanted, they went out and got it :)

Everyone should eat here :)

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

It was Ms Nam's turn to get custom in the food court - where all the menus are the same, and different families cook and serve the food. We ended up eating here 5/6 times during our stay. Everything I tried was delicious, and cooked from scratch infront of us, including homemade chips. The noodles were good, and my favourite dish was the Seasame Beef.
Ms Nam doesn't speak English but is very friendly and welcoming. Her husband helps in the evenings, and they both will do anything to help you. She was pleased to see us each time we arrived!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Typical Hoi An tourist fare of the cheap kind. Had the fried wonton which was ok, fried rice which was dry and lacked flavour. We also ordered the grilled fish in bananaleaf which turned out to be fried fish served on a banana leaf. The fish was ok, a bit dry and bland, but we were expecting a grilled fish. For a cheap eat it's ok, and i can imagine the food might impress some backpackers. I won't be going back.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

So this place is a stall at a row of stalls selling similar or even same items. The ladies will call out to you to look at their menus, which they refer to as "all same same", which I think means all the menus of all the stalls here is the same.
Fresh (local) beers were 4,000 a mug, so it's quite cheap (3,000 at Sun Shine, not much difference unless you intend to have a lot). We had fried wontons, fried rice, fried spinach with garlic ( which was actually Kangkong or what the Thais call morning glory) and the famed grilled fish in banana leaf. The food was ok except the fish was fried first then some onion gravy over and then wrapped in banana leaves and foil. Nothing like what some of the pictures here look like.
Food is ok, but taste is subjective. But price is not. So if you're looking for a cheaper place for dinner and beers, and don't mind the atmosphere than go here.