Guitar Hawaii Hoi An Live Music Bar
Open today: 8:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Review Highlights
Absolutely love it

If u are looking for a live band here's your place and even kararocker or if u play an instrument u... read more

Reviewed May 10, 2019
Pam M
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Best Bar to drink in Hoian

Bar open from 8:00AM- 2:AM Daily Now Staff is very friendly , really enjoy their cocktail ,and... read more

Reviewed April 6, 2019

from $31.00
from $30.00
from $6.00
More Info
All reviews lead guitarist talented musicians music lovers english songs vietnamese music great guitarist awesome venue mr tam worth the effort these guys old town instruments stage audience play flamenco harmonica
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Fantastic place to hear very good music (Vietnamese and international) played by a super professionnal band. Nice and not expensive place with sympathetic staff. I think that Tim the boss could play guitar near Eric Clapton without envy !!! Genious ! Michel

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Really good tasty drink, nice relaxed atmosphere. It must be good, it's our 2nd visit here! The drink was well presented and reasonably priced. The best guitarist in Rock like Canon in D and Flamenco. They sing also Vietnamese and western song. My darling played felling drum with this great band. We had great time there.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank KateYoungkk
Reviewed May 22, 2013

A fantastic evening can be had at the Guitar Hawaii bar across the river from Hoi An township. As it was only about 200 metres walk from our Homestay guest house we heard the music the night before and made a point to go the next night. It's the best kept secret in Hoi An. It's open 7 nights a week but other than a passing reference to it in a small brochure we wouldn't have know about it if we hadn't heard the guitars!
The night we went there were 10 different muso's and vocalists playing and singing a huge variety of music. The drinks are slightly more expensive than elsewhere in Hoi An but boy was the free entertainment worth it. Highly recommend, it's worth the trip across the river!

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank Kiwisinasia2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

During our stay in Hoi An, my fiance and I wanted to go to a place where we could enjoy some local Vietnamese music. A friend of us referred to this place so we went, kind of late though (after our dinner it was 9pm). Yet, we had such a great time ! The band is great, the lead musician Nguyen Huu Tam is widely known for his talent playing music and singing. The band plays beautiful Hawaii music, both classic and contemporary Vietnamese music and also rock and roll :) It's worthwhile to spend the night in this nice location with fresh drink, friendly staff, and good companies, music lovers ! I'd recommend you to come in earlier to enjoy the show ( before 9pm :) and if you'd like, you could join the stage too, which I did, sang a song for my sweetheart with this great band ! What a night !

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank Sunnyhawaii_T
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As an old muso I highly recommend Guitar Hawaii, I have had the pleasure of playing and singing with them and love going back to this night spot every time I come to Hoian. By local standards the drinks are a little expensive at $2.50 a stubbie ,but to see and hear this band in action it is well worth it .When in Hoian do yourself a favour go to Guitar Hawaii to hear a rich mix of Vietnmese and western music and one of the best guitar players in the country, John Rawlins Armstrong Beach Q Australia.

Date of experience: April 2013