“Nice food, but served too quickly.”
Review of Mai Fish

Mai Fish
Ranked #114 of 777 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Nice food, but served too quickly.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Felt very rushed, which was unnecessary as there were hardly any other diners. However, the outlook is nice, the food good, if a little pricier than most other places. The cocktails were quite good.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
“Best meal I had in Hoi An”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went here with a friend, initially because we were passing by and saw a sign for their ice cream and headed in to get out of the heat and enjoy something cool. We were so impressed by the quality of what we had that we decided to come back that evening for dinner. It was a good decision as I had my best meal in Hoi An at this restaurant.

My friend and I ate three courses and instead of a set menu option we decided to choose a la carte. I don't exactly remember what we both ate but their spring rolls, fried won tons and hot pot were outstanding. With two drinks each it came to about A$12. I had a hard time believing that I could eat that standard of meal for that price as it would have cost me several times that in Sydney.

The restaurant was quiet but even on a busy night I doubt I'd have felt it much as it's divided into small rooms inside and has an outdoor section that is close to the river. The lack of customers during our visit could have meant that we were waited on too much but this was not so, as they left us to our meal but were never far away if we needed anything. I felt the service was excellent, although without it being busy I was not able to see how it stood up to more a demanding situation.

In summary, a fantastic restaurant. I'm hoping to return to Hoi An briefly for work later this year and if so I will absolutely be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited November 2012
Edinburgh
“love it!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The restaurant has a great atmosphere and great menu. The price is reasonable too. We love the bun dish there.

Visited December 2012
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My taste buds love me for eating here”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Fantastic Vietnamese food that looks as good as it tastes. Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is great!

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Mai Fish a must do when in Hoi An”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Visited Hoi An last Nov and dined at the Mango Mango and met the Owner Duk. What a great guy and so interesting ... food was delicious but we were keen for a curry so Duk invited us to his new restuarant Mai Fish. A bit hard to find but WELL WORTH it. Cocktails amazing and food sublime. The duck curry was to die for ... give it a try and you wont be disappointed ...

• Visited November 2012