“Satisfied customers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of An Nam Shoes Shop

An Nam Shoes Shop
Ranked #141 of 404 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Hoian is reknown as a World Heritage city and as beautiful, cheap and rapidly-made handicraft products including leather footwear. If you are in town and want to have tailor-made shoes, please visit our shop at 647 Hai Ba Trung, Hoian.With 10 years of experience in shoe making industry, and a staff of more than 10 skillfull shoe-makers, we are readily to serve you with highest quality and in shortest time. Not only making shoes to sell at our shop, our workshop produces shoes to distribute to other shoeshops in town. Therefore, you will surely enjoy the cheapest price of shoes at our shop. Two lines of leather footwear are produced at our shop:1. QUALITY SHOES: High quality and Rapidly made within between 4 hours and 12 hours after your order. Competitive Price.2. SUPER SHOES: Super quality. Two days at least after your order. One-year warranty for adhesive problems.
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Satisfied customers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had a lovely experience at An Nam shoe shop... I stumbled upon it by chance and instantly liked the female owner An, who was friendly and relaxed, not pushy at all! I decided to order some sandals, which were made to measure (such a treat for a big foot like mine) and ready to pick up the next day! To my delight, they were perfect... The quality, fit, service and price were great! I was so happy, I ordered 5 more pairs of sandles/shoes and my daughter ordered 3 pairs! One pair was made from just a photo on the internet...terrific...you get to chose the colour and leather and they make them to fit your foot exactly. It may take a few fittings to get it right, but An and her husband were so lovely and intent on having happy customers, not the sale!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Julie V

Hobart, Australia
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Dreadful, expensive shoes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was so disappointed with the 2 pairs of shoes made at this shop. The first pair fitted comfortably but I wore them for one evening and the heel tips broke off. I returned them to the shop to be repaired the next day. After this experience I specifically asked that the second pair have the stronger heels.
My second pair did not fit well and had to be redone several times. They were not finished until our last day in Hoi An and I still was not 100% satisfied with them but no refund was offered. I have worn them once and of course the heels have broken off and I will have to get them repaired. In fact they are not that comfortable so I don't know if I will bother.

Cost $80 USD so definitely not cheap. I have had about 8 pairs of shoes made in previous visits to Hoi An and been very happy with the quality however as most of the shoes are actually made by only a few people (the shop fronts send their requests to the same place) I would no longer recommend getting hand made shoes in Hoi An. It seems that quality has gone and they are taking advantage of tourists who come and go.

Visited January 2014
Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best Shoe Store in Hoi An”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you are going to get shoes or boots made in Hoi An, then I recommend stopping by An Nam shoes. We went to another shoe store as well and the boots they produced didn't even come close to the same quality as An Nam. The owner and his wife will do everything in their power to make sure you are totally satisfied with the shoe/boot before you leave. I even took my pair of boots back after wearing them a few days because one was a tad big, and they fixed it right on the spot. We were with a group and all together we got 5 boots and 2 pairs of shoes made and everyone was completely happy with their purchases. We will be returning here in the future!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank adale8101
Australia
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Great Leather Shoe Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We came by the shop whilst walking around and the owners were very friendly and we decided to make a pair of leather shoe. It did not fit well as I guess it was one size too small. They offered us our money back or to make another pair for us. We were amazed at the offer - and chose to let them make us another pair. It fitted perfectly and we are very happy with it. The shoe was great value as it was all leather and quite intricate designed.
The shop is owned by An (wife) and Nam (husband) and they have 2 lovely children. An speaks the most English and she recommended us the best Pho and chicken rice in Hoi An. Pho is not a specialty of Hoi An but of Hanoi. The shop is situated near Kimmy and A Dong but around the corner so quiet.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank HotspiceAustralia
Perth, Australia
“Great Shoes - Great Prices - Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had two pairs of boots made while we were in Hoi An. The staff were very helpful and friendly and helped me pick the colours, style and finishing touches for the boots. They measure your individual foot sizes and make them to fit perfectly. We collected them the next day and they are perfect and so much cheaper than what I could buy them for in Australia.

Thank you!!