An Bang Seaside Village Homestay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsmango houseday bedlocal childrenpurple lanternoutdoor kitchenmorning marketenglish lessonshome stayminute walk to the beachtropical gardenlocal marketcau laustayed longerair conrestaurants and barsvietnamese coffeespent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We loved this place and the staff are wonderful.I travelled with my sister and daughter and both are teachers. We arranged to take a lesson with the local school children, it was a wonderful experience. Also getting up at 5am and heading to the beach to watch the sunrise and all the locals doing there exercise regime was well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jeannine d
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here in early August 2013 and it was one of the highlights of my Vietnam visit. Loved the laid-back vibe, playing with the local kids, visiting the market, eating great cheap seafood at the many restaurants further up the beach and the smiles and waves from the friendly locals. I stayed in the Avocado house, which was delightful - I enjoyed lounging on the day bed on my verandah, sipping delicious hand-made passionfruit juice. The receptionist, Kim, is a really helpful, sweet lady & she doubles as a dance teacher for the little girls of the village. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Like other reviewers, I am a little reluctant to tell too many people about this charming hideaway, in case it becomes too popular and I am unable to book a room for my next visit!

Room Tip: Avocado is a great choice for singles or couples, although all the cottages looked lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

By now most readers are wondering is this place true. Yes it is true.....it is all true. Not one of the previous reviews are fixed, An Bang Seaside Village is (unfortunately) on the map. No longer is the place hidden.....it is now out there.

What makes the place work?....the accommodation, the location, the service, the staff? It is a combination of all. It is truly a great place to stay and it is a combination of accommodation, location, service and staff - and indeed it can be the people who stay there that you can meet, and I think the beautiful atmosphere created by all factors combined together does encourage guests to say hi to each other, have a chat etc. As regards staff, special mention goes to Kim - and I believe that Tan and Thuan (the owners) have found a great manager who knows how to manage the place on a day to day basis.

So my family and I stayed in the Banana House for 6 nights - it was the last leg of our trip through Vietnam. We had the excellent dinner one night - it was a great experience. In comparison to other places you can eat in the locality - some might say the price is expensive 9USD per adult BUT when do you ever have the opportunity to have a local trained person come and cook a meal for you in your own place - meaning you are in great surroundings, you sit relax eat, enjoy the food, talk......soak up the atmosphere and just enjoy it. I recommend that you do it at the end of a day....about 6.30 when the sun is going down. Continuing with food - breakfast was good - usually we had the muesli, fruit and yogurt, and with more fruit that I bought in the market (see below). They have great fruit smoothies - we usually had the banana and orange, it was great. I also had the Vietnamese coffee...very strong with a kick.

The beach - incredible, beautiful, fantastic what more can I say. I would recommend that you get up early 5.15 or so go down to the beach and just sit there and soak it all in or go for swim - you will not be alone because you will find lots of locals on the beach too - exercising, walking etc. But by 7AM its empty - they are all gone - so the morning time on the beach can be special.

For sure we made use of the bikes that are freely available. But did not arrange any tour simply because that is what travelling is about - exploring your way. You can get a map that shows you where to go - I did 30km and met few people who could speak English and had a good chat about the locality etc. So well worth taking a bike ride and using your common sense.

We did a few trips one to Hoi An and another to Marble Mountain.
I recommend the following - Hoi An in the evening and Marble Mountain early in the morning - Kim arranged a private car which was cheaper than a taxi - we were at Marble Mountain by 8AM before the tsunami of tourists.
Hoi An in the evening because it just has a better atmosphere - just my personal opinion. Also each morning head to the market - it is only 5 mins walk. Each morning I would buy fruit, yogurts, a few French rolls etc. - these were sufficient as snacks during the day.

My wife had her nails done - yes ladies that is also possible!!!! You see this is another fact that makes An Bang really special it provides employment for locals and opportunities to provide a service at a fair price - for example when my wife had her nails done - the lady came our house and did it, I think the price was about 5USD - that is a fair price. So ladies if you are coming to the end of your time in Vietnam ask Kim to arrange it......can be a nice way to end your stay in An Bang after all that swimming and sand etc.

Would I stay there again? - YES
Would I recommend it to others? - YES
Recommendations - Ladies get your nails done while you are there - it is a good service at a very fair price. Ask Kim about it.

So to summarise accommodation, service, staff, location are what makes An Bang work. It is simply a great place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LUCA11
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family of 5 adults and one child stayed for 6 nights in the Papaya Villa and Mango room. We loved our time at this wonderful place where we were made to feel so welcome and looked after so well. Excellent rooms (loved the indoor/outdoor showers) with huge day beds on the verandah, outdoor dining where we were served delicious breakfasts - every comfort has been thought of. Perfectly located a minute walk to a deserted, clean beach and a 10 minute walk to the beach restaurants being greeted with smiles and hellos along the way by the locals.

An Bang Seaside Village gives back to their community in so many ways and it was a joy to see the school children who came to see us and do the hokey pokey with my 2 year old grand-daughter....what fun!

Thanks to Tan for arranging everything for us and Kim for all her help and information and always with a smile.

Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TidesOfChange
Reviewed July 30, 2013

.this is our 4 th day of a 7 day stay..this place is absolutely heaven.. The staff are amazing, so friendly, helpful..the Avocado room is lovely, clean, everything you want.. The location is brilliant..the beautiful An Bang Beach is only 3 mins away & the local morning market is about the same distance...breakfast..well what can I say...yummy..superb garden surround..so peaceful...no wonder this place is fully booked ...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple