“Everything was perfect”

Tony The Tailor
Ranked #50 of 427 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tony the Tailor is a family business employing many well known Hoi An tailors. It is owned by a tailor and designer: Mr. Bui Quy Binh, whose family has a tradition of garments. We spent over 15-year experience in making Men’s suit and Women luxurious Clothes.Tony the Tailor prides itself on the professionalism of his team of highly skilled tailors. The tailoring process used is manually, and executed with high degree of accuracy and perfection. This results in the completion of even the very complex of garments within a short period of time to the satisfaction of the most demanding of customers. Each one of the three teams of tailors, supervised by a main tailor, specialize in a particular type of garment. This ensures that after the first fitting, any necessary alterations are redirected back to the original team, thus ensuring prompt continuity for completion of that garment. Tony the Tailor has ensured that knowledge has been gained of the requirements and tastes of our customers from all corners of the world. The university training of staffs in languages and fashion means that ưe will professionally consult with you about your thoughts and ideas, together achieving a perfect finished product. Our mission is “Prestige, Quality, Reasonable prices”. We are willing to receive your straight feedback so that we can do better to meet customers’ requirements. We can make all kind of clothes: suits, shirt, dresses, skirt, pants…We stock cotton, wool, cashmere, specialize in unique, made-to-order silks from our suppliers across central Viet Nam. Tony the Tailor is located on 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu St, the main road within Hoi An Ancient Town. Tony The Tailor – We are happy to serve you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a family business where they know exactly what they are doing. We has suits, shirts, jackets and dresses made. Everything fitted so well first time. Prices are very reasonable the fist time and not pushy at all. They are genuinely lovely people. We bought from many in Hoi An and they are our #1.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"attention to detail"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is our second visit to Hoi An, and our second trip that included Tony the Tailor - they are a fantastic tailor, and a pleasure to deal with. In the shop, Lan and Huong will do everything they can to make sure that you are completely satisfied with any clothes that you buy from them, and are an absolute pleasure to have as tailors. And yes, we have been to other tailors in Hoi An, but don't even bother going anywhere else now that we have found Tony's.
They are a little out of the main town area, but well worth the short walk (it's only about 5-10 minutes). We had a lot of both men's and women's clothes made, including both formal and casual, and are very happy with the service, the quality of materials and tailoring, as well as the prices. When we wanted to check materials, they whisked us all over town to their supply shops, to make sure that we would be happy with the end results - which we were.
This year, we had all sorts of items made, including shirts (casual and business), suits (great quality), jeans, cargo pants, chinos, skirts, trousers, dresses and a formal gown. We are happy with every item. We took some materials with us, which they were happy to tailor up for us, and in other instances, we used the materials that they had, which is generally a good selection.
We are still wearing items we had made last year, and they are all lasting well - so no question about the quality.
The ladies are always ready with a smile and a bottle of cold water (very much appreciated), and are able to make suggestions that will help the experience; they also make sure that every slight wrinkle is sorted out so that you are totally happy with the experience and the results - we were and are. Like with anything tailor-made, you have a responsibility to make sure that you give them enough time to make minor adjustments.
Very importantly, Tony's has current style catalogues to select from, so you can be sure that you will get modern-looking clothes.
We highly recommend Tony the Tailor to anyone visiting Hoi An and hoping to get clothes made.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited Hoi An in March 2013, we were staying for two weeks and had already had several items of clothing made at two other tailors in Hoi An. Tony the Tailor was nearby where we were staying, we walked past everyday noticing the Trip Advisor recommended sign each time we passed. Decided to check out the reviews on line,very favorable, so we stopped in. The women in the shop were very friendly and accommodating. My husband had two pairs of casual pants made, the fit was perfect, and were very nicely finished in comparison to the others he had made elsewhere. I decided to have a pair of swim shorts made as it is difficult to get a good fit off the rack. They did an excellent job, exactly as I had requested right down to the contrasting piping, the drawstring, and the closure. The fabric is excellent, dries very quickly and the fit couldn't be any better. My husbands' jacket sleeve got torn and we took it to them to see if they could mend it. They did. They didn't charge anything to mend it and they did a very good job. Where can you take anything at home to be repaired and not be charged? Extremely good customer service is what will keep people coming back. We passed by Tony's several times each day, and every time they would call out to say hello and wave to us. Thank you to the ladies that helped us, we could not have asked for better service.

1  Thank pktraveller_12
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I think the title says it all! The lady who dealt with us was really polite and not remotely pushy to get us to buy anything. My dad took in a pair of shorts that he wanted copied and they got them absolutely perfect with no alterations required. They only had one fabric he liked so we looked elsewhere to find something but ended up returning there for a second pair. Is a little way out of the main drag but worth the walk.

1  Thank Fozzie_81
See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading all of the excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor I suspect my expectations about this place got too high. First of all, I did not feel that the staff was excited about having us as their customers. They were somewhat formal and just wanted to get it over with. It seemed that the lady in the shop was the happiest when we finally left two days later. I had an office skirt and a simple white blouse made. It all cost me 65$. I don't know, maybe I am spoiled, but it did not seem overly cheap to me, so I said to myself "OK, this means that at least the quality will be good." The selection of the fabrics was not too wide. Yes, they had all the colours you could imagine, but the selection of the fabrics was down to one or two types for each of my items. For my blouse I had to settle down for a light violet colour, because they did not have the fabric I wanted in pure white. And for blouses they did not have any cotton-synthetic blends, just pure cotton, which means that the fabric is not a least bit stretchy. I was also disappointed not to get any advice on my order. It almost seemed that they did not want any extra responsibility and just wanted me to come up with all the solutions... The lady took down the notes, measured me and asked to come the next morning. When I came the day later for the fitting, it was not a fitting at all. I was handed the ready made clothes already. Which is fast, no doubt (in less than 24h), however, was rather disappointing, since we were staying in town long in enough for them to organise a proper fitting first and only then do the final sewing. Of course, the clothes had to be altered in some places. The next day all looked better already, however, I cannot get over the fact that now if I look closer at my skirt I can spot the previous stiching which was removed during alteration. This could have been easily avoided. So my advice if you come here - agree on a proper fitting, know what you want exactly and do not expect much advice, state your wishes for the tiniest things (for example, it would have been nice if the bottom seam on my skirt was invisible, but I never imagined I would need to specially ask for it...). Good news - no hard push or sell techniques used in this store.

1  Thank Expotition