“Polite, quick service and clothes extremely well made”
Review of Tony The Tailor

Tony The Tailor
Ranked #34 of 405 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tony the Tailor is a family business employing many well known Hoi An tailors. It is owned by a tailor and designer: Mr. Bui Quy Binh, whose family has a tradition of garments. We spent over 15-year experience in making Men’s suit and Women luxurious Clothes.Tony the Tailor prides itself on the professionalism of his team of highly skilled tailors. The tailoring process used is manually, and executed with high degree of accuracy and perfection. This results in the completion of even the very complex of garments within a short period of time to the satisfaction of the most demanding of customers. Each one of the three teams of tailors, supervised by a main tailor, specialize in a particular type of garment. This ensures that after the first fitting, any necessary alterations are redirected back to the original team, thus ensuring prompt continuity for completion of that garment. Tony the Tailor has ensured that knowledge has been gained of the requirements and tastes of our customers from all corners of the world. The university training of staffs in languages and fashion means that ưe will professionally consult with you about your thoughts and ideas, together achieving a perfect finished product. Our mission is “Prestige, Quality, Reasonable prices”. We are willing to receive your straight feedback so that we can do better to meet customers’ requirements. We can make all kind of clothes: suits, shirt, dresses, skirt, pants…We stock cotton, wool, cashmere, specialize in unique, made-to-order silks from our suppliers across central Viet Nam. Tony the Tailor is located on 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu St, the main road within Hoi An Ancient Town. Tony The Tailor – We are happy to serve you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Essex UK
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Polite, quick service and clothes extremely well made”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I think the title says it all! The lady who dealt with us was really polite and not remotely pushy to get us to buy anything. My dad took in a pair of shorts that he wanted copied and they got them absolutely perfect with no alterations required. They only had one fabric he liked so we looked elsewhere to find something but ended up returning there for a second pair. Is a little way out of the main drag but worth the walk.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Fozzie_81

Riga, Latvia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Maybe my expectations were too high”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading all of the excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor I suspect my expectations about this place got too high. First of all, I did not feel that the staff was excited about having us as their customers. They were somewhat formal and just wanted to get it over with. It seemed that the lady in the shop was the happiest when we finally left two days later. I had an office skirt and a simple white blouse made. It all cost me 65$. I don't know, maybe I am spoiled, but it did not seem overly cheap to me, so I said to myself "OK, this means that at least the quality will be good." The selection of the fabrics was not too wide. Yes, they had all the colours you could imagine, but the selection of the fabrics was down to one or two types for each of my items. For my blouse I had to settle down for a light violet colour, because they did not have the fabric I wanted in pure white. And for blouses they did not have any cotton-synthetic blends, just pure cotton, which means that the fabric is not a least bit stretchy. I was also disappointed not to get any advice on my order. It almost seemed that they did not want any extra responsibility and just wanted me to come up with all the solutions... The lady took down the notes, measured me and asked to come the next morning. When I came the day later for the fitting, it was not a fitting at all. I was handed the ready made clothes already. Which is fast, no doubt (in less than 24h), however, was rather disappointing, since we were staying in town long in enough for them to organise a proper fitting first and only then do the final sewing. Of course, the clothes had to be altered in some places. The next day all looked better already, however, I cannot get over the fact that now if I look closer at my skirt I can spot the previous stiching which was removed during alteration. This could have been easily avoided. So my advice if you come here - agree on a proper fitting, know what you want exactly and do not expect much advice, state your wishes for the tiniest things (for example, it would have been nice if the bottom seam on my skirt was invisible, but I never imagined I would need to specially ask for it...). Good news - no hard push or sell techniques used in this store.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Expotition
Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Quality tailoring in Hoi An”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Research on the Internet led my partner and I to choose Tony the Tailor as the shop to get a few things made as it seemed more affordable than places such as Yaly Couture and A Dong Silk but still high quality. I originally planned to get only a jacket and a dress made but ended up ordering 6 things altogether once I saw the quality of the clothes! The detailing in my jacket as well as my partners suit was faultless and you can tailor everything down to the lining in the jacket, piping on the sleeves, number of pockets, buttons, anything! They also copied a skirt for me and a shirt for my partner which were exact, and they listened carefully to every adjustment we wanted made. My favourite item of clothing was a beautiful red velvet dress they copied from a photo I brought in-it looks absolutely gorgeous! (Velvet is a more expensive fabric than cotton or silk so expect to pay a little more if you're after this material!) I found the pricing to be quite reasonable compared to what I'd pay in Australia for handmade clothes, but watch out as it can add up! (My partners shirt was $18, my floor length lined lace skirt was $40, ties are $4, 3 piece suits are around $150, female vest was $30) They also recommended a shoe shop just down the road where i had high quality leather sandals and leather brogues made for me (the First Shoes Shop). Oh and I forgot to mention, they work amazingly fast! Can construct a 3 piece suit in 24 hours, just let them know when you're leaving and they'll happily accommodate! We had about 3 fittings to ensure everything was just right and to our liking. I would recommend having an idea of what you want when visiting a tailor (computer print outs are good) but they have lots of fashion catalogues for you to flick through if you need some assistance. All in all, very satisfied with the customer service (free chilled water!), the quality of the garments and the speediness of construction.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Keira H
Malmo, Sweden
“Very good, very nice”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We did not really plan to visit a tailor in Hoi An. We passed Tony the Tailor on the way in to town and I thought that I may need a pair of shorts. After three days I had three pair of shorts, numerous shirts, a suit, a singlet and a summer jacket custom made. Also my girlfriend tailored numerous dresses.

We were very happy with the service, design and quality.

Visited December 2012
Gold Coast
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Tony the tailor 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu Hoi An Town”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I visited Tony on recommendation from our son who had garments made the previous year. Tony keeps a record of all his customers measurements, so it is easy to have things made again. Our son had put on a few inches, but I had his new measurements and they were about make the necessary adjustments for a new suit. Tony was up front with costs and it was nice not to be talked into anything that you had any doubts about. We had a few garments shipped back, as we were not certain about our luggage weight. Very efficient; I had some tailored trousers made and the fit is exellent. Very cost effective too.

Visited January 2013