“Tony the tailor 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu Hoi An Town”
Review of Tony The Tailor

Tony The Tailor
Ranked #36 of 400 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tony the Tailor is a family business employing many well known Hoi An tailors. It is owned by a tailor and designer: Mr. Bui Quy Binh, whose family has a tradition of garments. We spent over 15-year experience in making Men’s suit and Women luxurious Clothes.Tony the Tailor prides itself on the professionalism of his team of highly skilled tailors. The tailoring process used is manually, and executed with high degree of accuracy and perfection. This results in the completion of even the very complex of garments within a short period of time to the satisfaction of the most demanding of customers. Each one of the three teams of tailors, supervised by a main tailor, specialize in a particular type of garment. This ensures that after the first fitting, any necessary alterations are redirected back to the original team, thus ensuring prompt continuity for completion of that garment. Tony the Tailor has ensured that knowledge has been gained of the requirements and tastes of our customers from all corners of the world. The university training of staffs in languages and fashion means that ưe will professionally consult with you about your thoughts and ideas, together achieving a perfect finished product. Our mission is “Prestige, Quality, Reasonable prices”. We are willing to receive your straight feedback so that we can do better to meet customers’ requirements. We can make all kind of clothes: suits, shirt, dresses, skirt, pants…We stock cotton, wool, cashmere, specialize in unique, made-to-order silks from our suppliers across central Viet Nam. Tony the Tailor is located on 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu St, the main road within Hoi An Ancient Town. Tony The Tailor – We are happy to serve you.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Gold Coast
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Tony the tailor 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu Hoi An Town”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I visited Tony on recommendation from our son who had garments made the previous year. Tony keeps a record of all his customers measurements, so it is easy to have things made again. Our son had put on a few inches, but I had his new measurements and they were about make the necessary adjustments for a new suit. Tony was up front with costs and it was nice not to be talked into anything that you had any doubts about. We had a few garments shipped back, as we were not certain about our luggage weight. Very efficient; I had some tailored trousers made and the fit is exellent. Very cost effective too.

Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Stop the researching - we found a great tailor in Hoi An!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I spent what seemed like months researching a tailor for when we were in Hoi An for our recent holiday. On arrival it seemed every second shop made clothes (and someone in town has cornered the market on signage because each shop has the same design/lettering/font for their business) which would make it even harder to know where to go.
Well we found Tony the Tailor, a 5 minute walk from the Life Heritage Resort (and Ha An Hotel)and from the first consultation of an hour to picking up our goodies 3 days later (with a fitting in between) it was a breezy experience I wasn't expecting.
I brought my favourite winter-weight wool skirt with me and had five copied ( 4 cotton and a heavy wool) and at around $45 each fully lined they are gorgeous. Husband who never gets a suit to fit got a casual suit and extra pants for around $170 and it's perfect.
The staff were incredibly knowledgeable and made suggestions when they thought we were making bad decisions on either design or fabrics.
I saw a list of prices for posting back home which didn't seem too expensive and once they have all your measurements you can either post them something you'd like copied or email through with a scanned picture of what you would like.
The address is 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu Street, phone +84 5103861923 and email tonythetailor.ha@gmail.com
Happy shopping!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Clifden27
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't have asked for more”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

With hundreds of tailors to choose from in Hoi An it's difficult to decide on just one. I found my way to Tony The Tailor and had an excellent experience from beginning to end. At 6'5" and 220 lbs it's difficult for me to find clothes that fit well, so this was a great opportunity for me. They immediately made me feel welcome and at ease. They were very patient with all my requests and very fast. Not only the with initial tailoring but with all the alterations I requested. They even gave me a ride back to my hotel when we were finished with the fitting! The cotton dress shirts I had made were a great quality, not too thin as many other shops offer. My suits were beautiful and after my alterations, fit exactly as I wanted. They constructed a blazer from a picture I had on my cell phone that I'm now in love with. They also kept my measurements on file so I can order more in the future without having to make a trip back to Vietnam. Lastly, they organized shipping and made everything a breeze for me. Price seemed to be very competitive, but I would have paid ever more for how everything turned out. Highly, highly recommended.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rynomight
Sydney, Australia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Absolutely Delighted with Tony the Tailor!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We visited Tony 3 years ago, my husband still wears the suits he had made. This time we went prepared! We took clothes to copy - dresses, skirts, shorts. We took clothes to have altered - so cheap compared to back home! We also browsed through their extensive range of catalogues to have new fashions made. The care and attention to detail is first class, the quality of the materials, the choice of patterns, prints and designs are huge. We viewed more cloth at their off site storage. To say we are absolutely delighted is an understatement. Our friends can't believe what it cost for us to have such good quality, fashionable and perfect fitting clothes made. We were so well looked after by Tony's daughters. If you meet Tony, you can even practice speaking in French as well! Highly recommended!!! (P.S. not sure why so few reviews on TripAdvisor, previously Tony had hundreds of reviews?)

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ptk_from_dy
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I love having clothes that fit!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My partner and I both had clothes tailored at Tony the Tailor in March of this year when we were in Hoi An, and couldn't be happier - the whole team was happy to make whatever changes and alterations required so that the clothes fitted perfectly, We are still wearing them all, and they are lasting very wel.
I recenly bought more via email, which was easily handled, and everything arrived in good time and good order. This order included 2 suits with waistcoats for each, and 3 shirts. Everything fitted perfectly.
I can't buy very much off the rack, so to have well-priced, good quality clothes that fit is wonderful.
We will definitely be back for more - love the team at Tony the Tailor.

Visited March 2012