“Delicious and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raw Energy Cafe - CLOSED

Raw Energy Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a great banana chocolate "milkshake" for breakfast and it was delicious and filling. Also was served in a cold metal cup to keep it frozen while you drank it. Smart. There was a but if a wait but I'm pretty sure it was just because the server was chopping everything special for us. Not to mention the place is right on the river which makes for a gorgeous setting.

• Visited August 2013

“Delicious, with a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Lovely place. The cafe is mostly outdoors (with a roof to shield from rain), with some tables directly on the river. We came in for breakfast, and ended up consuming the most delicious chocolate-coconut-banana shakes ever (raw vegan, so dairy-free). Highly recommended!!

Luang Prabang, Laos
“Bizarre experience...is the owner away?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

As a regular raw foodie I really wanted to give this place a positive review and share the love. I ate a lovely bowl of salad here, however it was NOT what I ordered. I ordered the mushroom spinach tart, pointed to it on the menu and repeated it. The woman here pointed at it and indicated she understood. I was brought a large bowl of salad and thought maybe the tart was buried under? No. No tart anywhere to be seen. I waited thinking maybe it was still being prepared--not the case. It never came. I asked the woman who prepared it if I was served the mushroom tart and she said yes. In a very strange exchange of money, while I looked through my wallet for correct money for my meal (120 dong!!), the woman hastily indicated that what I had already pulled out of my wallet was adequate (117 dong). I left here feeling really confused as to how this order went wrong, as a bowl of salad was not even an option on the menu. I saw great pictures of the food that is supposed to be served here, but unfortunately never got to experience it...

1 Thank Jacklyn D
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Getting "Raw" in Hoi An's Raw Energy Cafe!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just a quick note to share our fantastic experience at Hoi An's Raw Energy Cafe!! Having now been to 107 countries (& returned to Hoi An 3 times in the past 3 & 1/2 years), we were amazed to find this little culinary gem hidden out on Cua Dai Road (Note: it's at Number 45). It's convenient location (right on the banks of the river & beside the bridge on the main road) only adds to its allure. The signature dishes we sampled (the vegetarian lasagne, mango AND chocolate ice cream - OK, I'm on holidays) were beyond amazing: so tasty, healthy & invigorating, especially when combined with the green vegetable juice!!

Being recent converts to the "eating raw" regime, we were amazed (& stoked) to find such quality,l tasty food served near such a popular destination, all by a friendly chef who took real pride in providing us with such healthy, wholesome food as well as a wealth of information about real life in Vietnam!

A MUST for all travellers who want to remain healthy while on the road..

• Visited July 2013
Sydney
“Wait an hour and a half for your meal, and then throw it up later”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are fitness geeks, and no strangers to raw food. After getting a terrible tummy bug in Cambodia, I had just let my guard down as my boyfriend has been coming to ho Hoi An for years, and had never been sick before. We arrived at raw energy to find the most expensive meals I have seen in Vietnam so far,despite the fact that we have had some 5 star meals in town. The staff informed us that only 2 options from the menu were available. We both chose the mushroom tart and a green smoothie, and waited for our healthy treat to arrive. And waited. And waited. We waited an hour and a half before our meal finally arrived...a large bowl of uninspiring salad and a small pile of morning glory and mushrooms on a seed base. Dutifully, we ate our meal, paid, and tried to put the experience behind us. As a budget traveller, it always stings to be charged so much for food which is so average. To make matters worse, we have both been very sick since eating at this restaurant. I highly recommend not eating at this revolting establishment...unless you need to lose a few kilos from food poisoning...

• Visited July 2013