“Getting "Raw" in Hoi An's Raw Energy Cafe!!”
Review of Raw Energy Cafe - CLOSED

Raw Energy Cafe
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Getting "Raw" in Hoi An's Raw Energy Cafe!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just a quick note to share our fantastic experience at Hoi An's Raw Energy Cafe!! Having now been to 107 countries (& returned to Hoi An 3 times in the past 3 & 1/2 years), we were amazed to find this little culinary gem hidden out on Cua Dai Road (Note: it's at Number 45). It's convenient location (right on the banks of the river & beside the bridge on the main road) only adds to its allure. The signature dishes we sampled (the vegetarian lasagne, mango AND chocolate ice cream - OK, I'm on holidays) were beyond amazing: so tasty, healthy & invigorating, especially when combined with the green vegetable juice!!

Being recent converts to the "eating raw" regime, we were amazed (& stoked) to find such quality,l tasty food served near such a popular destination, all by a friendly chef who took real pride in providing us with such healthy, wholesome food as well as a wealth of information about real life in Vietnam!

A MUST for all travellers who want to remain healthy while on the road..

• Visited July 2013

Sydney
“Wait an hour and a half for your meal, and then throw it up later”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are fitness geeks, and no strangers to raw food. After getting a terrible tummy bug in Cambodia, I had just let my guard down as my boyfriend has been coming to ho Hoi An for years, and had never been sick before. We arrived at raw energy to find the most expensive meals I have seen in Vietnam so far,despite the fact that we have had some 5 star meals in town. The staff informed us that only 2 options from the menu were available. We both chose the mushroom tart and a green smoothie, and waited for our healthy treat to arrive. And waited. And waited. We waited an hour and a half before our meal finally arrived...a large bowl of uninspiring salad and a small pile of morning glory and mushrooms on a seed base. Dutifully, we ate our meal, paid, and tried to put the experience behind us. As a budget traveller, it always stings to be charged so much for food which is so average. To make matters worse, we have both been very sick since eating at this restaurant. I highly recommend not eating at this revolting establishment...unless you need to lose a few kilos from food poisoning...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank maddylove
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Bursting with life”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was amazed to find this place. I've eaten and had the smoothies at Raw Energy a couple of times now. Each time the quality is excellent and everything is delicious. I usually do the Hoi An yoga class there first and once we're finished our smoothies and lunch are waiting for us. It has a great view of the river which also gives us a beautiful breeze. I always leave feeling totally refreshed and healthy.

Visited June 2013
Sydney
“healthy and tasty”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dien the manager is charming - the food is beautiful - sit down the back and watch the river. A little oasis.

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Slice of Hevan”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We found Raw Energy accidently when cycling from Hoi An to the beach...and what an amazing discovery. I love the food and the green smoothie...translated as the only multivitamin you'll every need in the morning, is my absolute favorite....just wish they cam in take-away cups. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013