“Good food, but nothing extraordinary”
Review of Golden Lotus

Golden Lotus
Ranked #95 of 788 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opposite Palm Garden Resort
“Good food, but nothing extraordinary”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The motorbike ride across the paddies was definitely more impressive that the food. For starters, I ordered the fresh spring rolls with steamed shrimp, which were quite delicious, but sofar, they always have been anywhere in Vietnam. Not worth nearly drowning in a paddy (which I didn't anyway, but still).

My main course was stir-fried pork with cashews - again good taste, but nothing out of the ordinary. Street stalls would serve the same, or maybe slightly better. The dish could have done with a little less liquid.

A nice touch was the chunks of complimentary pineapple offered after I settled the bill. A disappointing annoyance was the staff who would yell 'Hello, hello' to any tourist passing by, even those across the road. That made the place feel like a tourist trap, which it certainly isn't quality-wise.

• Korean first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Excellent friendly family run restaurant and lots more”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great food. Family run business, by Linh and family members. Extensive menu. Excellent prices. Linh also helped us with bicycle hire (£1 a bike) and information as well as an airport taxi by her husband for 350,000 dong (£10)
Would definitely come here if we return to Vietnam. Came with my husband but would recommend for families and friends also.

• Visited December 2013
Somerset
“A Must Try”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This a family run restaurant opposite the Palm Gardens Beach Resort. We walked across the road to try it after reading the reviews and were not disappointed. We ate and drank there almost every lunch time and evening. The food is so varied, catering for all tastes. The Mango salad is a must try. One day I was fancying an omelette which was not on the menu. I explained what an omelette was and they made me a delicious one. They also did my laundry for me. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Even though their English is very broken with sign language and a lot of laughing we all go on really well and felt we left as friends and not just
customers. Keep up the good work, we hope to be back.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and a wonderful welcome.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We loved this place. Very tasty food, even better than the food at the Palm Beach Resort opposite. We ate there twice and really enjoyed it. This is a wonderful family run restaurant, very friendly and relaxed.

• Visited October 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Definately worth a visit”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Palm Garden resort and found this block of shops across the road.
We decided to try all of the restaurants but only managed to try 3.
Once we got to the Golden Lotus, the food was unbeatable! We even went back for a second time.
I highly recommend the wontons for starters.. Not like any wontons I had eaten before but so delicious!

We also booked a tour to Ba Na Hills through the Golden Lotus. Although Ba Na Hills was a disappointment, the driver was great and the Mercedes van was spotless and clean!
He even agreed to detour on he way back for us as we needed to visit the tailor in Hoi An.

Golden Lotus is a family business with husband and brother in law cooking and wife serving. Lovely people and speaks very good english.

Visited November 2013