“Lovely beachside spot”

Ranked #113 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had a lovely meal here a couple of nights ago as it's a short stroll down the beach from where we were staying.

Great location right on the beach. My son ordered a medium rare steak which was perfect and I ordered a blackboard special of tuna steak in pepper sauce which was spot on!

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Ate lunch here while at An Bang beach - liked it as it looked very chilled out and was busy (this is usually a good sign in our eyes). I commented that most people were drinking, not eating so could this be a reflection of the food??
We decided to eat having looked at the menu- we had chicken baguette type sandwiches and beers.
The pleasant bar man forgot about our beers and (unusually in Vietnam) nobody seemed interested in taking our order!
The sandwiches were big and had a side of fries and ketchup but I would question the quality of the chicken.
I did not eat most of the meat- My husband did and he seems fine! We may have a drink here again but won't eat.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

For all of it's coolness it was actually a bit try hard. It took forever to get a drink, then even longer to order meals. The drinks were good but the meals weird. My shrimp pasta had no pasta, another meal also not even close to its description.

It seems to be a real Aussie/Kiwi expat hangout and maybe that's it's problem. If you weren't an expat who knew the owners/managers, it seemed service was non-existent.

Banyan Bar next door was very quiet, maybe we would have had better luck with service/food their. Maybe we'll give it a try if we come back to Hoi An..

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I see some sharp criticism here of the food. Can't really speak to it since our tapas & ice cream cake (it was someone's bday & everyone got a piece!) was all free. & who can complain about free?

I can comment on the drinks & atmosphere which were both top notch. Extensive cocktail menu. Highly attentive service. Comfy loungy seating. Low hanging orange lamps that swayed in the ocean breeze. Clearly a lot of regulars. Good mix of expats & locals. And a fantastic acoustic duo playing favorites like Radiohead's "Karma Police" & REM's "Losing My Religion." My husband & I spent 2-3 very happy hours here. I plan to return to Hoi An & to this bar!

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

After having recommendations to try Soul Kitchen we were very disappointed. It does have a great location but our food was inconsistently cooked and I ended up with an upset stomach all night. I think it would be fine during the summer months but not during the slower winter months.