“Ideal Beach Bar”

Soul Kitchen Beach Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 752 Restaurants in Hoi An
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
los angeles
“Ideal Beach Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I see some sharp criticism here of the food. Can't really speak to it since our tapas & ice cream cake (it was someone's bday & everyone got a piece!) was all free. & who can complain about free?

I can comment on the drinks & atmosphere which were both top notch. Extensive cocktail menu. Highly attentive service. Comfy loungy seating. Low hanging orange lamps that swayed in the ocean breeze. Clearly a lot of regulars. Good mix of expats & locals. And a fantastic acoustic duo playing favorites like Radiohead's "Karma Police" & REM's "Losing My Religion." My husband & I spent 2-3 very happy hours here. I plan to return to Hoi An & to this bar!

• Visited November 2013

• Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
“Poor ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

After having recommendations to try Soul Kitchen we were very disappointed. It does have a great location but our food was inconsistently cooked and I ended up with an upset stomach all night. I think it would be fine during the summer months but not during the slower winter months.

Melbourne, Australia
“Nice place, food need attention”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We really liked the afternoon spent at Soul Kitchen kicking back playing pool and having a few snacks and drinks. The place certainly has a better atmosphere and layout than the majority of the plain boring restaurants that line the beach.

The food was mostly good but I had Ostrich which was not properly cooked, the meat was thin at the ends and thick in the middle where it was still raw. Rookie mistake.

• Visited April 2013
Perth, Australia
“soul kitchen hoi an”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Travelled today to Soul kitchen and as someone else noted NO SOUL the food I ordered the large shrimp and basil pasta, came out four prawns still with heads on and a very dry basil pasta. Explained to waitress and bartender what a johnny walker red was, partners fish and chips dismal, ordered a glass of wine which tasted like vinegar, I cannot believe people rave on about this restaurant I would not waste my time.

• Visited November 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Amazing scenery and amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have just spent five days at An Bang beach Hoi An and ate at this restaurant a few times ....
Wow ...We loved the mix of food and the quality of food..Always perfect....To watch the beach and enjoy quality dining is just fantastic.....

• Visited October 2013