“An oasis”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

On my fifth trip to Hoi An, I was very pleased to discover this charming restaurant. Right around the corner from the Life Heritage Resort in the old town so was handy for us when we were venturing out late and tired. There are some western dishes if that is what you are looking for, but the local menu is fantastic. We chose one of the suggested set menus which was amazing value and absolutely delicious. The staff were professional and friendly. They made us feel very welcome and even adapted one of the dishes to suit our tastes. The restaurant itself is a serene and very stylish space. Apparently it is not long opened (which explains why I have not discovered it before) but it has the feeling that it has always been there. I recommend this lovely restaurant as a calming break from the hustle and bustle of the old town and I look forward to my next visit.

5  Thank Maryann1919

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Thank you for being a welcome break from the hussle bussle & the moped honking horns of the streets of Hoi An. I am a big fan of Vietnam & am even bigger fan of Hoi An. However, I must admit that, when I came across 'Bon' restuarant, I was very pleased. I am more than happy to eat from street stalls on plastic chairs, watching the world go by but sometimes it is nice to have a break. Set back a little from the street with freshly painted walls & an adjoining tranquil garden, I was expecting Bon to be a little out of my backpacker price range..It wasn't! The service was fantastic (no pushy waiters or happy hour tactics) and the food was excellent..(I only went in for a coffee but couldn't resist when I saw the food being brought out to other customers). It may look a little out of town on a map but really its only about a 2 minute stroll so please don't be put off by that, you'l be more than happy with the variety and quality of whats on offer. They were even kind enough to make us sandwiches to go for our overnight train journey.

4  Thank brantwood18
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Bon cafe has far exceeded any other dining experience in Vietnam so far!! Truly exceptional food, second to none service and a beautiful relaxing environment to enjoy it in! Yet still so reasonably priced! Just a 2 min walk from the hectic centre, a welcome break! Thanyou Bon Cafe, already looking forward to my next visit to Hoi an!!

4  Thank Joel963
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We found this restaurant by accident when looking for another. What a find! This is some of the best food we've had since arriving here! Even my fussy eating son tucked in with gusto. Good value for the standard about £40 for four people eating 3 courses. We would pay about £160 in the UK for the same. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpfull. You won't go far wrong here if you want high end Vietnamese food for pub grub prices.

5  Thank Sampoole66
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We've just moved to Hoi An and have been so happy to find newly-opened Bon Restaurant and Cafe. We've eaten there several times and already feel it's our "home away from home." Why? For starters, the staff is so welcoming and attentive, obviously well-trained. Even better, the food is so tasty. I particularly like the seafood pizza, yummy with a wonderful crust. Both of us really, really like the "White Rose", a kind of Chinese rice dumpling filled with shrimp paste, delicate and delicious. Their vegetarian Cao Lau, a specialty of Hoi An, is simply the best.
Don't miss this place for great food, warm hospitality, and a fresh and relaxing atmosphere. Great location, too.

4  Thank HoiAnAnnie