“Highlight of Vietnam” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of EasyRider Hoian - Day Tours

EasyRider Hoian - Day Tours
Ranked #51 of 216 Tours in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Mr Thong is one of the first « Easy Riders » of Hoi An. His passion for motorbikes and his natural curiosity led him to explore Vietnam on motorbike for his personal pleasure, beginning with Hoi An and its surroundings, then the rest of Vietnam. Today, Vietnam and particularly the region of Quang Nam holds no more secrets for Mr Thong. Take one of Mr Thong’s motorbike tours and benefit from his first-hand knowledge of Vietnam, and his experience of traveling throughout the country on motorbike. He will guide you on an adventure through the lesser traveled routes, far away from the regular tourist circuits, where you will discover the stunning, natural beauty of the authentic Vietnam--full of surprises !
New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highlight of Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

What can i say other than this was an amazing trip and easily the highlight of my holiday. Mr Thong is top guide and a very safe driver (i didn't want to drive so just sat on the back). I did the trip around the Hai Van pass and marble mountains, and central Vietnam (including Prao). The first part had some amazing roads and views, whereas the central part of Vietnam shows you a side of Vietnam most people will not see, minority villages where people hardly see any tourists, with the kids yelling hello and giving high fives - make sure you bring some candy to hand out!

note i went in jan, and would recommend you make sure you have clothes to cover everything (e.g. long socks, gloves, shirt and a buff/scarf) as it did get a bit cold with the wind chill

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Amish G

Victoria, Canada
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The absolute highlight of our two weeks in Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife, two teenage daughters and I spent two weeks in Vietnam over the holidays and did two separate day trips with Mr. Thong and his guides. The first trip, to My Son, was absolutely fantastic! This is the best way to see the countryside and to meet a lot of villagers and farmers in the area between Hoi An and My Son - - to be honest, the ruins at My Son are interesting and worth seeing, but they turned out to be secondary to the rest of the trip. Our second trip was an all-day adventure to Hue, via Danang and the Hai Van pass. I strongly recommend riding the Hai Van pass as it is an incredibly scenic and fun, exhilarating ride! I am less enthusiastic on Hue as it is a LONG ride past Hai Van and it turned out to be too much time on the bikes; we ended up transiting Danang in the evening (after nightfall) in rush hour - pretty intimidating but also exhilarating (to a fault). Mr. Thong is professional and very knowledgeable and the bikes ran well, albeit one did get a puncture which they were able to repair mid-trip (this is more a statement about Vietnamese roads than it is about his motorbikes).

1 Thank JWD1964
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great day with Thong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

A friend I had did a one day ride your own scooter tour with Thong between Christmas and New Year and it was great. We wanted to do Hai Van Pass, Marble Mountain, My Son Temple (which were seperate one day tours) but he made it so we could squeeze both and skip some things and do it all in one day. He picked us up from our Homestay and after realising my helmet was a little too big we went back to his home/headquarters and swapped them and off we went. Great Day. Great guy. Freezing cold though unfortunately and when we were pulled over at some point i had to grab some of the wet weather gear from him to cover my poor freezing legs and arms. Lunch was delicious. The scenery amazing. And then when i decided to ride off the boat, onto the ramp, and then into a local guy and his scooter Thong sorted it out quickly for a mere 100000dong and off we went - my friend, thong, and me and my broken finger. Couldve been quite the drawn out ordeal if it wasn't for Thong. My friend ran out of petrol and i stopped to see why she was stopped, so we just stuck together until Thong realised we weren't following and he came back quite quickly and sorted that out too.
Great day. Do it. But keep your fingers in one piece! Note - you can get great painkillers and strapping tape over the counter in Hoi An

1 Thank Simone M
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great way to see the region”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I called Mr Thong rather late in the morning, but fortunately he was free that day so was happy to accommodate my request for a solo bike tour to My Son. He turned up shortly afterwards on a Honda Cruiser with a good quality helmet & we were off. I have done motorbike tours before & if you are spending many hours on the back of one then comfort becomes paramount. Otherwise your legs & back will end up telling you about it. So his bike with it's comfy seat & back rest was just the ticket.
We spent the morning cruising back roads through the region weaving through small hamlets, vege plantations & rice paddies on our way down to My Son. At the Cham ruins Mr Thong had come prepared with a couple of guide books which he let me borrow as I wondered through the complex in my own time. Although the books were good, I would suggest getting a guide for your visit, as the ones I overheard leading other groups seemed very knowledgeable & would have made the experience just that more interesting.
The afternoon was spent looping back up to Hoi An, with stops at a stone carver, floating wooden bridge, bamboo bridge & rather peculiar church on the way. I certainly enjoyed my day with someone who had such a good knowledge of the region. Only wish that I had a few more days to spare so that I could have undertaken a multi-day ride through more of this interesting region.

Visited January 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best 4 days in Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

As two females in our early twenties we felt sefe and secure the whole time. Our drivers, Thong and Loc presented a Vietnam to us, we wouldn't have been able to find by ourselves. They went beyond our expectations as guides and it felt more like friends in the end. We would happily do this tour again and we would recommend it to other people.

1 Thank SteffiRae