“Very good hotel”

Sunshine Hotel Hoi An
Ranked #93 of 162 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a good hotel.
The front staff gave us many useful information and help us to book the bus and trip to Myson.
The hotel is a little bit far from the old city and beach, but the bicycle provided by hotel solves this problem.

Room is big and new, the view from balcony is also great.
The only drawback is that the cleaness didn't be done well. We had two nights in this hotel. When we get in the room on the first night, a small dead cockroach was founded lying between the wall and commode until we checked-out. And the shampoo set were not re-fill on our second night.

Besides, everything is great.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor will have better view in the morning
2  Thank CjCh13

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Two stars because the hotel was clean and nice, but I would never stay here again after the response from staff & management when I reported 2 million dong stolen from my room...

When I asked for the manager, I was pretty harshly interrogated in front of other customers, which was embarrassing (for all of us). Having your bags rummaged and picked through is invasive enough, no need to add insult to injury. I was told the manager wouldn't be in until the afternoon, so when he arrived I told him exactly what I was missing and when it happened, and he said he would check the security cameras in the hallway to see if anyone went in my room. When he came back, he reported nothing about the security tapes, but said that none of the cleaning staff confessed to stealing my money. So I asked to see the videos, he said he'd be back, and left the hotel to pick up his kids. I had been waiting in the dining room for a few hours when I finally asked reception to call him, and he came back. Which was pointless, since he refused to let me see the security tapes, or offer to refund any portion of my bill.

If you go here, don't leave anything in your room. I had hidden my money in a tiny money purse in the very bottom of a big bag, thinking that since I was just running down for breakfast with the do not disturb sign on my door that it would be fine.

Also, make sure you take a hotel business card with you in case you get lost - the hotel address is wrong on most online maps. (After getting really lost on my first day I used the app "ifind my car" to pin the location of the hotel.)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Aly5280
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently stayed at Sunshine for over a week, and we originally only planned to stay two nights! It turned out to be such a great value for the price and what you got, and we just loved Hoi An, and all of the activities easily available to us. First of all, Lee and the other staff were amazing and helpful. For 8 days, and even during New Year when I'm sure they would prefer to not have been working, we were only greeted with smiles and helpful staff. All of them helped us with any number of requests, including booking tours, plane tickets, etc. The rooms were great, we had one on the 2nd floor and then moved to the 3rd floor to extend, and we loved the views from the large balconies. The pool is wonderful and gets lots of morning sun and not as much later in the afternoon. That was the perfect time to hop on a free hotel bike and go to An Bang beach, riding the flat and easy ride through beautiful green rice paddies. The beach was wonderful and very laid back; not crowded at all. We liked Le Plage at the far end of the row of restaurants. We also rode bikes into Hoi An (about a 10 min bike ride or 20ish min walk) many times and this worked out very well for us. We liked staying outside of the hustle and bustle (and away from all the motorbike horns). We also rented a motorbike across the street from hotel and went to Marble Mountain - really good 1/2 day trip. Cannot say enough good things about Sunshine. Also, Tin Tin across the street had some of the best Vietnamese food we found in Vietnam - amazing!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view from the balcony.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had a nice stay at the hotel, good location & lose to the beach!! If you like walking it takes about 20 mins to get into the town, nice shops & plenty of places to eat! We really loved the town, very pretty!! Great you can have free hire of bikes from hotel, nice to cycle around & cycle down to the beach etc!! Room was a nice size & loved the walk in shower (wet room).

The only negative thing which the hotel should let there customers know before booking is travel arrangements!! That's if they know themselves or have had any other complaints!!! -
We arranged with them a mini bus to go Quy Nhon (a 5 hour journey)!! We were not told we would be picking locals up on the way & not stopping at all in 5 hours or a toilet break which was disgusting!! The 2 men that picked us up from the Hotel were Vile, very rude indeed!!
Spoke very aggressively, shouting at us to get on the bus etc. I know they drive like nutters over here but the man driving this mini bus was the worst I had experienced in Vietnam! Probably had about 20 near misses & over taking on blind corners, was very scarey!! My boyfriend has a bladder problem so was In a lot of pain as didn't go to toilet in 5 hours!!
When we got to Quy Nhon they shouted at us again & told us we needed to get in another mini bus which would then take us to our hotel but would have to pay 100000 vnd each! Very tired & confused as once again they were shouting at us "you Hotel, pointing at us to get in bus" we just payed & got in other bus!! Then realised it's scam to get more money out of you!! The other couple on the bus refused to pay & walked off to get a taxi, which is hat we should have done!! The hotel was literally round corner & would have cost nx to nothing!!
Maybe we were unlucky this day with the horrible men that were driving the mini bus, hope no one else experiences it & hope the hotel looks into other company's to use. We loved our time in Hoi An & such a shame it had to end in a such a negative way!!!

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Sunshine hotel is located outside of the main city center of Hoi An but with the use of the free push bikes you can reach the center in 5 mins.
The rooms are clean, well kept and serviced daily.
We had breakfast during our stay and we found it to be quite good. My only issue was one morning we arrived to the restaurant at 9:30 (brekky finishes at 10) and all the fruit and pancakes had been eaten and were not restocked.
The staff were lovely and we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean new hotel which is apparently only 5 months old. A bit away from the main streets of Hoi An, but you can hire push bikes for free at reception. Hotel food was fine and pool area gets a lot of sunshine. A bit expensive for backpacker budgets, but friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MRW80
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Having been travelling on flights and cruises for several weeks it was a joy to come to Sunshine Hotel in Hoi An for eleven nights.
We had read about Hotel and services through tripadvisor and other websites, so knew the Hotel was quite new and had excellent receptionist staff. We were still surprised to experience their generosity and helpfulness with any problems or advice we requested.
Hotelis not in Center of Town, but taxis are around VND 30,000 and are very prompt when ordered at Reception.
Had deluxe room, and it was worth the upgrade for the length of stay. Even had complimentary DVD player as we had booked two rooms. Sometimes the housekeeping was a little lax in changing bed linen, and shower gel. Easily and happily rectified.

Breakfasts were vietnamese and european, with surprises from day today. For instance we had bacon on New Year's Day. Dining room runs along the front of Hotel with big glass doors opening on to pool area.
Incidentally the pool was quite cold and surprised many prospective swimmers....so much so that they hastily retreated to their towels . It was winter time, but many days were quite hot, and many people used the seating around the pool.
Bonus is the use of complimentary bicycles...very popular with backpacker guests.

Meals at Hotel were excellent, and reasonably priced.
Excellent Restaurant "TIN TIN" is opposite Sunshine Hotel,so not necessary to go into Hoi An Old Town every night. Plenty of variety using SUNSHINE, TIN TIN and some Old Town cafes, such as for New Year's Eve.

Massage and beauty treatments on the premises. My pedicure was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple