“Fantastic staff, excellent and fast service and premium quality beautiful clothing.”
Review of Aobaba Tailor

Aobaba Tailor
Ranked #61 of 409 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Aobaba is a Hoi An family business which has been established for many generations. We continually improve and modernise our techniques and we make sure we keep up to date with fashion trends.Aobaba, the tailors where customers will receive professional and friendly service. We will look after your wardrobe needs when you are in our shop but also when you go home. We keep your measurements for a minimum of three years and you will be able to order from where ever you are."
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to Aobaba with alot of designs in mind, the sales staff were very professional and knowledgeable. I got about 15 things made and I was happy with all of them

There are newer reviews for Aobaba Tailor

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I got a plain black work dress and fall coat made by Hannah and both are fantastic. The material for the work dress is really good quality - more expensive than the other tailors I visited but also better quality. I have wide hips for my waist, so it's difficult for me to find work dresses that fit properly, but the dress fits really well. The coat is really pretty, fits me well, and has a nice unique lining.

I'm giving four stars rather than five stars, because, due to the popularity of this tailor, you don't get as much individualized attention. I generally had to wait a bit for my fittings and Hannah sometimes seemed to be in a rush. Also, she wasn't very careful about protecting privacy in the fitting rooms, so I'm pretty sure I flashed some guy.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

AoBaBa was recommended to us by a friend, and we weren't disappointed. It's certainly not the cheapest tailor in town, but they have a great sense of pride in their merchandise and have exceptional customer service. I had a couple of suits made and a bunch of shirts. The shirts fitted great first time, but the suits had to be tweaked a few times. More often it was them critiquing the work more than me, making sure it was just right, which I was very grateful for. It pays to get the manager to have a look over the garment when you try it on too, she has a lot to offer. I even brought a piece back in to get changed after I decided I wanted it changed, which they did without complaint and wouldn't even let me pay for the change. Great stuff. Thanks to Lynda and the team.

2  Thank Ellery_Marsh
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this without having seen the final goods but we ended up buying a suit and a dress with no real intention of buying. The attitude and attention to detail of the staff was very high and although not cheap, the goods represented great value in comparison to European prices. Craftwork was much higher than Irish suppliers.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Was there with my girlfriend and ended up buying two pairs of shorts. They were $25 each, which isn't exactly cheap when shorts aren't really something you want tailor made, but anyway, I needed some and they caught me at a weak moment.

The customer service was fine, the shorts looked plain but acceptable, and I took them away. Within a week, of the six buttons on the two pairs between them, one button disintegrated -- I mean the plastic here, not it fell off! -- and four others were literally hanging on by a thread.

If you want to buy something there, mske sure it doen't have a button on it, as they really cannot do them.

Aobaba, Manager at Aobaba Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear David,

My name is Sarah and I am the manager of AoBaba.

I would like to thank you for your feedback. We value all comments from our customers as it help us improve.

Regarding the buttons on your shorts please accept our apologies. We have checked the batch of buttons and we have since stopped using them. We have been speaking to our suppliers and asked them to deal with the issue.

As for the fact the buttons were not put on properly I can't apologise enough. We would like to ask you to send the shorts to us we will pay for the shipping costs both way. We would like to be given the opportunity to put right what we should have checked more carefully.

Once more I am really sorry for the inconvenience we put you through.

Best regards,