“Very satisfied customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aobaba Tailor

Aobaba Tailor
Ranked #59 of 409 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Aobaba is a Hoi An family business which has been established for many generations. We continually improve and modernise our techniques and we make sure we keep up to date with fashion trends.Aobaba, the tailors where customers will receive professional and friendly service. We will look after your wardrobe needs when you are in our shop but also when you go home. We keep your measurements for a minimum of three years and you will be able to order from where ever you are."
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very satisfied customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had very little intention of buying clothes, until I meet Kathy. One dress made to fit like a glove, lead to a jacket which also fit like a glove then another dress, several tops and a winter jacket. So pleased with the end product and regret now not buying more. Do you homework before arriving in Hoi An for what clothes you would like, to save time. This team will take exceptional care of you.
Thanks Kathy, I hope we do meet again some day.

Visited October 2013

Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice fabrics but bad fit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent some time perusing a few different tailors along the Hoi An shopping strip and we ended up going with Aobaba based on their better than average fabrics. A small discount was offered but they were still expensive when compared to suits I've had made in Bangkok. $100-$150USD more expensive.
After one fitting we had the suits delivered to our hotel and I was disappointed with the fit. The waist and seat measurements are off meaning the suits that I bought aren't as comfortable as ones I've previously had tailored.

Aobaba, Manager at Aobaba Tailor, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Mr Mattv
We are really sorry you are unhappy with the suits we made for you. As you were happy with the fit when you came to try them on we felt it was alright to deliver them to your hotel without another fitting.
This was a mistake on our part and we should have insisted for another fitting.
We would like to be given the opportunity to carry out alterations so you feel happy with the suits. Please let us know exactly what is wrong so we can put it right.
Thank you for your comments as we grateful for all comments from our customers as they allow us to keep improving.

AoBaBa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Our guide recommended this place to us for ladies clothes. My daughter and I had a dress copied eachin multiple colours. My daughter also had a traditional dress made which was lovely. Very nice quality good price for pure silk dress...$70 Australian. I was happy. I also had work stuff made in cashmere, inexpensive and happy to fit. You need to allow a few adjustments to ensure everything is fitted correctly. Start your trip here and take anything you want copied from home it easier to do. I was going to bring shoes and pants to get copied and I didn't, sure am kickin myself now!
Hoi An is worth a 4 night stay with out a doubt, any less you would feel robbed!

Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Friendly service with attention to detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We browsed in many tailor ships whilst in Hoi An with no definite plans to get anything made however the friendliness of Natalie and her charm convinced me to get a beautiful dress made. Measurements were taken and two return fittings ensured an exact fit. Photos were taken after first fitting so the tailor could tweak where necessary. My husband was won over by the attention to detail and decided on two shirts which are now his new favourites!

When we return to this enchanting town we will be better organised and have plenty of ideas for wardrobe enhancements from Aobaba Tailors.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Suit is super. Had to ask for few adjustments, which was no problem and well done. The suit was send to my hotel. Friendly service. Price could be better, but I better pay the price and be happy with the product than otherwise. Take your time when you go shopping and know what you want.