“Would recommend”
Review of Aobaba Tailor

Aobaba Tailor
Ranked #63 of 415 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Aobaba is a Hoi An family business which has been established for many generations. We continually improve and modernise our techniques and we make sure we keep up to date with fashion trends.Aobaba, the tailors where customers will receive professional and friendly service. We will look after your wardrobe needs when you are in our shop but also when you go home. We keep your measurements for a minimum of three years and you will be able to order from where ever you are."
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

After looking around a few places in Hoi An I chose this one to have a dress made because of the reviews on here. I was helped by Kathy who was really nice and was able to help with the style and colour I should get. The dress was ready the following day and although it still needed a few adjustments I was really pleased and I got the dress later that evening. It is not the cheapest place around but the quality and service here are worth it compared to a dress I had made in a cheaper shop where I felt they just wanted my money and were not really interested in altering the dress after the first fitting. Overall I would definitely recommend Aobaba!

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Mixed views - my boyfriend had two suits and two shirts made, and they were beautiful. He went in with set ideas about every detail, right down to the colour of the thread for buttonholes. And he was helped by Wendy, who was absolutely brilliant.
While I was waiting for him I was asked if I'd like anything made and so I spontaneously opted for an evening dress from one of their catalogues. The process was slightly more painful, and the dress is not up to the high standards of the suits. The staff I dealt with were pushy, verging on aggressive, when I asked for changes or pointed out mistakes.
My advice would be to use this tailors if you want something specific (it's a long process - we had four or five fittings - it has to be something you really want, or you'll just get fed up!) and to definitely ask for Wendy!

1  Thank clarkerosie83
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had a cashmere sport coat and pant made here. The sewing and tailoring detail were outstanding. I would recommend this shop above the plethera of other tailoring shops in Hoi An. Natalie was our salesperson and was experienced and very helpful.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were recommended by our guide. They were simply fantsastic. My daughter had an overcoat made and so did I. Also the family had few dresses made. Each time the changes were done with cheer. Each of the appointments were on time. Finally they delivered to the hotel on the time they said. We checked out the prices with one or two other companies and tthey were cheaper without any hagling. Would definietly go back

1  Thank Harish Velji
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband had a suit made here in 2012. I returned this year and had trousers and shirts made for him and a dress and tops made for myself. Wendy is fantastic at just knowing what you want and what is needed in the clothes. I like it that when you go back for the fitting, the clothes are not completed and there is room for adjustment!

1  Thank Leonie12_12