It is really interesting to read the reviews and see how different people take a completely different view about the same place.
I can see where the previous reviewer is coming from as I agree with a couple of his criticisms.
The gym at the Victoria is appalling and for someone like me who has to push himself to use it at least every other day on holiday, this gym is the pits! I was not tempted once though I really enjoyed my excellent massage.
While I am on, let me get the other criticism off my chest. The billiard tables are badly neglected and really need some attention and some decent lighting as well.
As regards the rest of the hotel - well its fantastic. The food is fantastic, the pool is fantastic and our beach front room was the one we have been looking for all our lives. Step out the room on to the well furnished patio and then on to the beach. Japanese style design, contemporary up to date tv, superb air conditioning and the laundary, room service and cleaning was second to none.
We loved the pool where Mr Pool and Beach Patrol were superb. Also, I complained one day, half way through our nine nights because that awful practice of reserving ones poolside seat with towels had started up (some Spanish people had arrived) for the first time and immediately the management put a stop to it! Wish other hotels took such a strict approach!
The food especially the breakfast was top rate.
However we were more adventurous then most and ate out most of the time. The prices were less than the Ana Mandara along the road at Nah Trang but were still a bit on the steep side, especially the alcohol. The ambience of the restaurants, especially by the beach, was beyond reproach and their were lots of beautiful nooks and crannies both inside and outside this hotel , to sit peacefully and read. The facilities round the pool were very good with excellent waiter service and beacuse of the efforts of the previously mentioned Mr Pool, one always had a recliner and table and towels were plentiful.
We enjoyed very much the occasional stroll into the local village as far as the bridge and were pleased that the village had lots to attract people such as bicycle hire, travel agents, dive shops, cafes, restaurants, ATMs and lots of other small shops. We enjoyed in particular our almost daily stroll to visit Daryl and expat American who has opened the Safari Bar which is excellent value with an amazing selection of cold beers and ciders including John Smith, Strongbow, Asahi and Tiger (my personal favourite) - all at rock bottom prices and delicious food: try the pho bo and pho ga and take advice from him about cheap ways to do things and get to places.
Hoi An is a truly wonderful place. We have covered most of Vietnam now and this remains our favourite place. The town is crammed full of history, wonderful architecture and lots of life and vitality. The food options are amazing - either eat in any of the many places in town, by the harbour or as most will do, around the Golden Triangle by Tam Tam. This latter area appeals mainly to foreigners but don't under-estimate it, It is a wonderful hub of activity and for people-watching and wonderful cakes and smooties (no, the mis-spelling is meant) there is no better in Hoi An.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hoi An, splendor of the past Annam, a most charming town listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Explore the vestiges of a glorious Cham past. Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa replicates a traditional fishing village with small streets, water ponds and village houses with clay-tiled roofs, providing a warm and restful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Hotel Hoi An
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort And Spa