“Hotel Review - Wonderful!!”

Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #57 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the hotel over new years and absolutely loved it. All of the staff are very friendly, the rooms were very clean, the breakfast (which was included) was delicious. The grounds were very well maintained. There is a shuttle that is going too and from the hotel every couple of hours that was very nice and complimentary, and if you missed the shuttle the cab ride into town was only $5 US. The hotel staff gave us good suggestions for places to eat and were very helpful on giving directions. We took out bikes for the day and went on an amazing bike ride through rural hoi an villages and is a definite must do if you stay at the hotel. While it was not warm enough to swim, the pool was very pretty and well maintained. The staff put together a wonderful celebration for new years - singing, dancing, a bonfire on the beach, buffet, and a surprise at midnight and champagne. The whole night was very put-together and everyone at the hotel was very friendly/made sure that we were having a good time. We also got massages and the women were very professional and great! Overall, had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend the hotel!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are quieter, but overall not very noisy!
1  Thank 1234travelerG
Trang P, Manager at Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear 1234lindsay,

Thank you very much for your kind review about Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa.
We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us over the New Year eve and did enjoy the celebration for new year by our staffs.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again if you do return to Hoi An in the future.

Best regards,

The Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,288)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights in January in a standard type room.

This is a boutique type hotel so its hard to compare it physically with a more mainstream brand - the design and layout are unique.

I found the website hard to let me find the room type I wanted and had no understanding of the layout prior to arriving. I was very happy with the first floor "garden view" I was allocated but would have been disappointed to have a "river view" as these rooms also look out over a road which is busy in the mornings. As it was I could see the ocean from my room - if you have a "ocean view" you will probably be in a room that is almost in the ocean - right by the sea. Most of the rooms are ground floor, and only a few first floor. I asked for one in my booking and they gave it to me - but on my confirmation I had no mention of which view for some reason..

I'm happy to report that the staff here (especially in the restaurant) are some of the warmest and friendliest people I have met - it gives the hotel a really nice family feeling. Nothing was too much trouble and I was genuinely sad to have to say farewell.

Another personal highlight of my stay was the motorbike and side car trip out to the villages - totally memorable.

The only reason I have not given this place an "excellent" rating is to do with the bed. To me a double bed should be made of one single mattress. The linen here was very nice but the bed was two singles made up as a double with a gap in the middle, not what I expected. To be fair to the hotel, I did not ask if they had a room with a proper double bed, as I could see they had given me one of the few standard rooms with a great view and the hotel was pretty busy..

I didn't try the spa treatments but did use the sauna. Things in here looked a bit dated and I could not get the very small sauna up to much above the outside temperature.

My final comments are on the food, which was very good indeed at all meals. I was able to enjoy a "Bahn Mi" for breakfast (a unique Vietnamese breakfast baguette sandwich) and great local and Western food in the evening. Although I ate out a lot, I tried the French themed buffet and it was excellent - a feast of really well prepared dishes.

I think the location and staff at this hotel make it the best choice in the Hoi An area - it's a 10 minute taxi ride into the old town, and you are situated right on Cau Dai beach.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TheTravellingToad
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is an exceptional hotel in terms of service, the quality/selection of the food/bar and its location right on the beach. Because of the notoriety of this place in Hoi An you never have to worry about a cabbie knowing where to go. If you're doing "high end" in Hoi An, it's really hard to beat this.

I've knocked it down a star because I'm just not sure it's worth the price. The rooms were literally 5-6 times as expensive as anywhere else we stayed in Vietnam. Even though the restaurants and bars at this resort are quite good there are far better options in Hoi An at a fraction of the price.

It's also fairly far from Hoi An itself - so you'll need to take advantage of their shuttle or cabs to get there.

At the end of the day - if you're looking to make Hoi An your beach vacation in Vietnam and/or you value very high end hotels/resorts - this is your place. I couldn't say enough positive things about this resort. However, you could perhaps do nearly as well for a quarter of the price.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The resort is a well maintained, clean four star establishment with good facilities overall. Food beats expectations both in terms of variety and quality. The best of it all though is the staff, extremely friendly, caring and attentive, yet informal: much better than what you get in more prestigious 5 star resorts; so far by far the best in Vietnam. Only downside is the beach (poor) possibly damaged by last Autumn typhoon. To conclude whilst the resort was a good experience, I would not travel all the way to Hoi An again: cute but really not worth the time and money to get there.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We arrived in the mid evening and even though the it was windy and raining for most of the time we were there one thing that was noticeable were the friendliness of the staff at all times, the breakfast was very good and the choice was excellent. we di not get the chance to have a trip in the motor bikes and side cars, but if you want to get out and try the views of the local area, but seeing the faces of those that had been it must have been a trip of a lifetime. we had an upgrade to a sea view room with 4 poster bed and there was separate walk in wardrobe and bathroom. Very well presented and decorated, it was a lovely experience.
We used the spa and the cost for a massage was very good when compared to one at home, and the sauna and steam rooms are excellent.
We used the hotel 'car' for a trip to My Son. One thing the hotel do not mention is that it is by Mercedes with your own driver - quite unique in Vietnam as there are very few quality cars on the road and the hotel should make more of this service in their advertising for trips. Very good and quality and you really feel as though you are important to them.
it is well worth going for a walk to the fishing village at ben tau - turn left out of the hotel and walk for a mile or so and you find true Vietnamese life, and a bar at the end that serves chilled beers at a very good price.. 15000 dong - about 50p!.. with an amazing view over the harbour area. There are also a good few bars just outside the hotel - about a 5 minute walk if you want to try some local cuisine at very good prices also - if you do not want a trip into Hoi An - about 4 miles - 6KM. Taxis cost about 85000 dong - under £3 for a one way trip so good value.. The hotel runs a shuttle service to the town - if you are going to town for dinner then make sure you get the 7pm shuttle (10 minute ride) as restaurants start to close down from 9.30pm..

Room Tip: Sea view rooms near the poolside bar are quiet - some rooms have guests walking past and are not pri...
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We spent Christmas at this hotel, and it was such a joy. The staff are so friendly we felt like we'd joined their family. Food is superb, even the Christmas buffet - my heart sinks when I know there is food for large amounts of people, because usually the quality and service suffer, but not here. They all worked together as a team to make this a special occasion. A delight, and if we come back to Hoi An this is were we'll stay

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandyinad
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was excellent! The hotel offered a shuttle service to town which was very popular as Hoi An was a gem of a city. Our room was very spacious and well decorated. Every facility was on offer that we unable to work out why it was not a five star resort. There was a huge choice for breakfast or dinner or you could eat out in Hoi An where there was a wealth of restaurants for all tastes. It rained all day whilst in Hoi An but we were still able to enjoy ourselves, as the Spa was excellent value offering discounts on treatments which we took up. There was a games room which also kept us occupied on a rainy day. Good size pool with the beach a stone throw's away. This was our best hotel on our 19 day trip to Vietnam & Cambodia.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple