Was super excited to go to Hoi An and stay in Victoria as I had rave reviews and recommendations from friends who had stayed.
Firstly the hotel, pool and beach are absolutely beautiful - one of the nicest I have ever stayed in. The grounds are immaculate and lovely to walk around, pool is amazing and beach is serene. The rooms were lovely and well kept also and we had a great balcony overlooking the river.
Another positive was the lovely breakfast and the Chef (French I think) who was out several mornings and during a buffet we did to chat and check up on things. A great attribute!
I don't tend to write negative reviews as they can just be my own personal experience of a place but the reason we were disappointed is because of some terrible service quality issues with staff which just left us feeling like 'eh- WTF??" rather than that wow factor you expect from a wonderful 4/5 star holiday/ hotel.
When we arrived (before we had even checked in or got to room) the sales pitch for restaurants and tailor to visit in town made us feel awkward. This same thing happened when getting the hotel bus to town and whilst heading out of the hotel several times. I appreciate helpfulness but this definitely was inappropriate and I doubt (or would be shocked) if a foreign manager knew of this going on.
A server on egg station at breakfast and fish on buffet night who hardly acknowledged your requests?!!
A few other annoyances like being asked several times to join a wine tasting session one evening so, we signed up and when we turned up several staff told it was for an outside function only and we tried to explain that we'd been asked to join and were staying at the hotel....same answer and blank stares! Ok- went into town and on return tried to ask night porter for wine opener ....answers that followed were "restaurant is shut"..... then we asked, could you get from the bar? "I don't work there"..... we were actually shocked! The deputy manager (i believe) did apologize and try to make amends which we appreciated.
The spa we were also disappointed in as it was pricey and less than the hour we paid for (that was including the time to wash feet, get set up in room and towel down all in under an hour!!!) and it was not even busy.
I realise that Victoria gets rave reviews and I don't know if this has made them complacent. It is absolutely beautiful and I would go again......I just hope they up the ante on the service quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hoi An, splendor of the past Annam, a most charming town listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Explore the vestiges of a glorious Cham past. Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa replicates a traditional fishing village with small streets, water ponds and village houses with clay-tiled roofs, providing a warm and restful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort And Spa
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Hotel Hoi An