“We made a cockroach trap it was that infested!!!!”
Review of Thien Trung Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Thien Trung Hotel
Ranked #153 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights, ok it is a good price at $12 per night but oh my did we have a treat when every night cockroaches came up through the bathroom and into our bedroom! We heard them crawling round at night, it was so bad my boyfriend googled how to make a cockroach trap and we caught a couple but not all of them. On our 2nd to last day the manager or owner? Of the hotel had a lot of the baths taken out of the empty bedrooms we presume due to the infestation of cockroaches and other insects. They were all in disgusting condition - even for a budget hotel! The sheets and towels weren't changed, wifi was poor, staff unhelpful and extremely loud very early in a morning. Poor place is a lovely town. Go elsewhere, or be eaten by cockroaches!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobynHelen
There are newer reviews for Thien Trung Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Big room, tv, hot water, pool that was a good size and pretty clean. Manager not friendly at all.. exchsnge rate was bad! So we checked out after one night.... 12 $ for room with air con. Really bad beds too... can find better places in hoi an for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

So we met a 'guy' as we got off the bus. He took us to this great sounding hotel. Looked nice from the outside but when we reached the room it was filthy. I pulled back the bed sheets to reveal what looked like the results of a wanking competition. It was stained with short and curlys everywhere! I politely asked the staff if they could clean the room and i was told it would cost extra $$$. The guy was even rude about it. Im just saying, if the beds are filthy, i wouldn't drink the pool water! I even told the guy i would write this review and he told me to 'Get out!' We found another awesome hotel just round the corner.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Boris738
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We checked in as this was the cheapest place we could centrally. After reading the reviews we were really worried. There are signs everywhere about not leaving your valuables in your room. We didn't have any problems as we kept everything with us all the time. The rooms were quite a good standard with a fridge and tv although the shower
was cold. Our towels and sheets got changed everyday which was nice.
The staff are not friendly and pushy about getting tailoring done with their contacts. The pool is filthy, you can't see your body when you're in it because it's so murky.
The wifi is awful and the computers in reception are ancient and the staff kick you off them early evening.
All in all pretty average.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are average but the staff is the worst ever seen. I had to pay for 3kgs of laundry that wasnt mine ot they wouldnt give me my passport back. Also they leave the room keys in a Bowl after 8 PM so anyone can go to your room.
They booked our bus and train tickets and kept about 5 USD for each one.
Hoi an is really worth going and there are a lot of other cheap hotels, do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank AnSAC2015
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm a bit surprised about all the bad reviews here as I found my stay (4 nights) quite ok there. Paid 12$ for a double room for me and my friend. Normally this is above our budget, but since they have a pool we said Ok.

The room was average: Two big beds, TV, fridge, bigger bathroom. We paid less because we said we didn't need the AC and slept quite ok with just the fan on.
Had a cockroach but this can also be because we kept the window open alot of times.
You'll also get towels which they change everyday.

The staff is friendly. If you need something they'll try to help ya. A bit of a bummer was, that they didn't allow us to use the shower on the day we left, even if they told us in the morning it was no problem.

You can rent bikes and mopeds for a good price. Wifi and the use of the computers is for free.
There's a restaurant on the other side of the street that seems to belong to the hotel as their menus lay around on the tables near the entrance, but you can't order from the hotel and have to go over to eat, which is a bit annoying. I'd rather recommend the restaurant called "King" right next to the hotel as it is pretty cheap (but only went there for breakfast).

The location of the hotel is quite good. Old town is in walking distance and the beach is like 15 minutes away by bicycle. There are some bia hoi stands close by (3000 Dong).

What we loved about this hotel was the pool! Perfect for some late night swimming action. None botherd even if we sprang in it after 10pm.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank phillipsupertramp
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Good value. Pool is a big plus as the ocean is a bit out of town. Good location to walk through the town. Some great and very cheap restaurants nearby. A/C and television. 2 dollar buffet breakfast in the morning was average but always a good deal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends