“Excellent cooking class and fabulous restaurant”

Minh Hien Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We love our restaurant. We want to take you into the Vietnamese cusine world. Feeling the dishes from things which are around you. Our menu is over 90 options include vegetarian & vegan. Don't worry if when you cacth us looking at you. Cause we only want to know your feeling and we will be better. Have a good trip and see you in Vietnam
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I loved this place and so did my 11 year old daughter.

Our first experience of Minh Hien was the cooking class which I would definitely recommend. Booking through emails was easy, the price was excellent and we were the only two taking part. We chose our own items (you can cook two or more) and it was really like learning in a friend's kitchen at their home. It was a lovely relaxed atmosphere, lots of laughing and fun and the food tasted amazing afterwards.

We went back everyday during our stay in Hoi An town working our way through the delicious menu with a focus on the local specialities.

This was definitely our favourite place to eat in Hoi An.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We chose set menu one & it was completely delicious. The use of fresh herbs in the cao lau were sublime. The owner was very friendly & happy to explain the dishes to us.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The food here was outstanding, and was a complete change from the flavours I was having on the two weeks prior to getting to Hoi An. We had the Wontons, which were very different from other wantons I had previously seen and eaten. Also the vegetable curry and some aubergines with peanuts - All full of flavour. I cant add any negative comments.

Its a great example of how good food doesn't have to be expensive, I had spent more in other restaurants in Hoi An but this was the best. The service was also very good.

At 3,000 VND I think this could also be the worlds cheapest beer?

1  Thank Kingmurm
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Here they turn producing magnificently tasty vegetarian meals into an art form. The food is all wonderful and although we stopped here only for a snack whilst wandering around, it was truly marvellous. A small, quaint family run place that specialises in making vegetarian food taste like meat as well as producing excellent veggie dishes that taste like veggies. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly recommend this family run place. Amazing food, very reasonable, quaint setting. We are not vegetarians yet this was one of the most enjoyable meals we have had so far in Vietnam. We are returning tomorrow before we leave hoi an!