“Great food, great value!”
Review of Hi Restaurant

Hi Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited Hi with a local friend and I was pleasantly surprised. It is definitely the cheapest meal I ate in Hoi An and it was certainly one of the best! The husband and wife who run the little restaurant are lovely and food was delicious. Anyone who visits Hi has to try the orange juice which is nothing short of amazing!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were referred here by fellow travellers and were so pleased we took their advice. It seems to be run by husband and wife. The service is great as was the food. Such great bag for your buck!
I could easily eat her daily.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant after reading TA reviews and were quite disappointed. Indeed, it was the only disappointing meal of our stay in Hoi An. It may have been our meal choice as a young couple sitting at the same table were on their fifth visit to the restaurant! We found better taste and value elsewhere.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went here on TA good reviews. Sweet people, tasty local food, clean, cheap prices. Down side was getting hustled for too long by a rather aggressive woman selling stuff. Since you're basically eating on the street - under shelter - that is more likely to happen. That said, the proprietors obviously care and gave good, friendly service and again the food was very tasty. We did walk quite a bit out of our way to eat here, and not sure it is that special to bother to do that.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came here on the recommendation of a man in the shoe shop (which, it turns out has an advertisement above the tables at Hi's) and the food was quite tasty, good price (much less than the full on restaurants in Hoi An, but more comfortable than the market), and had cute red tables and lanterns.

I figured we'd been recommend this place because the shoe shop had some kind of tie with this particular food stall and that all the places in this little row of food stall restaurants would be about the same. So we went and tried out a couple other places in this strip and while the menus are the same, it turns out Hi's really was the best of the bunch. We ended up going back to Hi several times and would highly recommend this spot if you're looking for tasty local food at a good price.

One thing to remember though - this is more or less a street food establishment and you do need to be careful about things like uncooked veggies that may have been washed in tap water. I got a bit of a stomach cramp that lasted a day and a half after eating the greens that came with the ban xeo (this was the only thing that I ate that my BF did not). They were wet and there must have been a bit of tap water on them.

I put this on myself though for being complacent about something I would have paid attention to elsewhere. After that, I avoided the raw greens and like I said, happily went back again. For the fully cooked meals.