“Buy Your Custom Made Clothes Here”
Review of Phuoc An Silk Shop - CLOSED

Phuoc An Silk Shop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Buy Your Custom Made Clothes Here”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm super surprised no one has reviewed this place. I think there are some reviews under "Phuoc An Silk Shop" and reviews for the hotel, where I stayed (it's good). The clothing shop is basically the same place. They are right across from each other.

If you're staying at their hotel, you will have a discount, and I highly recommend this place. Compared to other clothing shops we visited, Phuoc An had much better service and were very trustworthy. It was worth a few extra dollars to pay a tad bit more for better, friendlier service.

The quality of the dresses and the suits that they made were fantastic. I got two dresses made by them and went in for several fittings. They turned out great! My friend also got two dresses made, and our boyfriends got suits. All are excellent.

Oh, and it took 2-3 days to get everything made. We weren't in a rush though. I'd allow at least two days in Hoi An if you are looking to get custom-made clothes.

Definitely go here!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Alexa H

Sydney
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great full service tailor with good range of designs and materials”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We used these guys as we were staying inn their affiliated hotel. They were very prompt and well priced. Hey range  between usd $90-$130 for suit, between $15-$30usd for business shirts, around $50 usd for dress and $90 for a wool winter coat. The pricing difference depends on the style of clothing (depending on labour to construct,and quantity) and also the quality of the material they use. They had a range of cashmere blended with cotton or silk for the suit materials.

They have hundreds of magazines to go through and offer you their opinion of The style and color so don't worry if you are not a fashionista.

The initial session for choosing style took about an hour, they then require a deposit to get started. After this you gp return ever late that afternoon or the next day formthefirst fitting, the number of subsequent fittings depends on the level of tailoring required. They end to build the suit (or piece of clothing) a bit bigger than required, they then bring it n at the areas of y our figure that suit your particular taste.

The total cost for 1 suit , 1 dress pants and 5 business shirts was $190 which is market rate on the town.

2 Thank dpepps
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tailors in Hoi an”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently had some suits and shirts made by this tailor and they are excellent. They were very helpful and made all the adjustments to make them fit perfect. We looked at some other tailors but the material they used looked cheap. Also, they keep your name and measurements so you can have more clothes made after you go back home. I highly recommend this tailor if you're planning to visit Hoi an.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Billy Australia M
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best tailor in Hoi An”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

After recently coming back from my 3rd trip to Hoi An & to this tailor the quality of their work is still outstanding! Amazing & fast service, perfect fitting & durable & long last lasting fabrics...all at a great price. I wouldn't go anywhere else....they even recommended a great place to get some shoes made!

Neel - Australia

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Neel L
Burleigh Heads, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best in Hoi An!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Excellent quality and service. This tailor is really a lot more expensive than the rest but you get much in return. Besides the excellent service (even though they too pushy), the quality was better than other tailors (we have quite done research in Hoi An). The girl that helped me, Chau was her name, was very patient and professional. My girlfriend had a lot less helpful girl, so be honest when you find yourself not being helped. The manager (like everyone here is also a woman) helps you with complaints and other matters. We were all in all very satisfied.

Visited May 2012