“A class act !”

Ranked #59 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Melbourne
“A class act !”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Five nights at Sunrise in Hoi an, what a treat! A well thought out resort with everything you could want. Great pool and restaurant facilities. Rooms luxurious and well kept. Twice a day room servicing is easy to get used to. Staff very well trained, gracious and very attentive. Shuttle service to town a great inclusion. Prices for drinks and food were very reasonable. This trip makes me wonder why I have been going to Port Douglas instead of vietnam. See Mrs phouc across the road for laundry. A few too many Aussies for my liking, they seemed to be the ones holding sun lounges all day, selfish behaviour that management should be more active to stop during busy times. Comments about the 'elevator' music everywhere are valid but not worth complaining about.

Room Tip: Beach view is the go
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear guests,
Thanks a lot to spend time with us and your great comments.
We appreciate.
As for sunbeds booked without notice it is for sure not fair for the others. A signage has been set up at the pool on this issue . It should first come , first serve' . We are also increasing the number to supply more.
We hope to see you again.
We wish you all the best for 2014.
Jean Luc Bonneau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at Sunrise Hoi An in March 2014, upgraded to a suite, the stay was fabulous.
The staff were wonderful, helpful and attentive. Our room looked out across the beach and the pool area, it was spacious, comfortable and very large. The food at Sao Bien was great authentic Vietnamese cuisine in a great setting down near the beach. Cannot post a review without mentioning the Spa, great treatments and great staff. Shuttle service to Hoi An township ran on the hour. We thoroughly recommend Sunrise for a great hotel in a great location.

Stephen & Caroline

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen B
Dear guests,
So nice to hear from you > thank u so much to spend time with us and your great feedback.
We really appreciate.
We are moving forward to keep ON going and enjoy more as summer is here now.
Wish u all the best for 2014
General Manager'
Killcare, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our family of 2 adults & 2 children (8 & 11 years) recently had the most wonderful 6 nights @ this fantastic resort. We booked a suite with interconnecting rooms.... They were spacious & styled beautifully, clean, 6 bottles of water delivered everyday (no charge), a deep relaxing bath with refreshing essential oil bath salts & had a lovely sea & garden view. The day spa & staff were welcoming & professional & the treatments.... So relaxing
We loved both pools ... We preferred the infinity & our Children the larger one with the spa & Lifeguard......So much fun !!
We could not fault the delicious food or cocktails... The menu catered for both Western & Asian cuisine, whether it be breakfast, lunch or an evening meal... Our taste buds were always dancing. ( I recommend the mousse incased in chocolate for dessert .
The shuttle bus into Hoi An Town made our life so easy to explore & return as it left on the hour & the free bikes were G r8 to check out the surrounding area near Sunrise & safe as well.(I recommend this)
The staff were always smiling with a warm greeting... We had a fantastic time & will be back.
By the way, we booked this particular stay via an online deal & it exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: With older children(x 2) I would definitely recommend interconnecting rooms & hire an extra bed...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank suzeeb8
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear guests,
So nice to read your comments. We appreciate a lot and very encouraging for our young team.
Thank u so much to spend time with us and your feedback.
We are focusing to get our beach back this month and enjoy more around.
We hope to see u again.
Wish u all the best for 2014.
Portsmouth, Hants
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Overall this is a nice hotel with good sea views from all of the rooms. We spent nine days at the Sunrise in March and were two couples traveling together. Rooms were spacious and clean but I think either the walls are thin or the adjoining door lets noise from next door in, enough to work out what nationality our neighbours were on a couple of occasions during the not so silent hours.
The hotel is clean throughout and the pools are nice, the main beach being out of bounds didn't bother us too much and we always managed to get sunbeds. Wifi isn't brilliant in the rooms as we had to open up the balcony to get a connection but it is fine in public spaces. Thoroughly enjoyed chips and cocktails every afternoon, though my wife really should restrict herself to 2 before going out to dinner! Blue Wave restaurant across the road from the hotel is a good bet for an excellent value dinner, Kim and Mr Lam will make you very welcome and can give you all the advice you need on where to go in the area, and can even arrange it for you.
Breakfast varied depending on what time we ate. Before eight is best, especially if you want chocolate croissants and hot food. The staff were a little slow in clearing away plates and my wife resorted to taking her own coffee to breakfast as she couldn't face that offered. There was however, plenty of fruit and two egg bars so I was fine.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Hoi An, it is a lovely city. Sunrise is the newest of the 5 star hotels on this stretch of the beach and the locals told us that the facilities here are probably the best but they are still working on the service, so hopefully there will be continuous improvement as there are a few things need tweaking around the edges. I wouldn't rule out staying at the Sunrise again, but will probably try the Victoria next for comparison as recommended. Finally, I recommend 'Kimmy' the tailors in town, I had an excellent suit and two shirts made there at less than off the peg UK prices. they also keep your measurements on file so can order clothes to be made and delivered once you are back home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,
At first thank u very much to spend time with us and your valuable comments which has been raised up to our team leader to improve the speed and accurate delivery.
We are moving forward to keep On going and focusing on our bech to be back by end of April.
We hope to see u again.
Wish u all the best for 2014.
Hayes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here from 11/3/14 - 21/3/14
The staff was so friendly & helpful. The room was cleaned twice a day. The breakfast had lots of choices. There was a bus every hour to go to the town. The only down side to this was you had to book the bus. I would like to say how helpful glory & ruby was when a tour shop out side overcharged us for a tour & they phoned the shop & got our money back. So I would say book your tours from the hotel. We enjoy our stay here & would come back. Thank-you for a enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guests from UK,
Thanks a lot to spend a time with us and great comments . we appreciate.
We are happy to see more guests from UK as it is a new market for us and it is very encouraging.
We are moving forward to keep On and focusing on our beach to be back by end of april.
We hope to see u again'
Wish you all the best for 2014.
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Overall the Hotel was ok but it is not awesome. Checked in at 10pm for 2 nights. and requested to extend the check out 2 hours but it was not possible. Beach is closed. They have horrible instrumental music all day , everywhere!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Camilacolme
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear guests,
Thanks to spend time with us and your feedback.
As for beach it will be ready by end of april. due to typhoons and series of storms we ahve to proceed when weather was good to do the job.
As for music we do have a selection of background music around which instrumental. except the bar is jazz/ punky one.

As for check out late is depend on the bookings situation and as we are nearly full this month it was not possible to extend 2 h on free basis as u know if we normally do , we charge for .
Thanks for your understanding.

We wish u all the best for 2014
Jean Luc Bonneau'
Noosaville
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Currently, we have just passed night 5 of a 8 night stay here at the Sunrise Hoi An. And, it's been an absolutely delightful experience with a few small issues.

On arrival we were greeted welcomely and offered a refreshing drink. After checkin procedures were complete we were personally shown to our room (an ocean view room) by a beautiful Vietnamese girl who made as feel warmly welcomed. She was very informative and explained all functions of our room and services available to us. A very pleasant introduction.

Our room (1314) is a delight. Large, very comfortable king size bed and well equipped bathroom facilities. Everything was spotlessly clean and fresh towels were provided both during morning room service and also prior to retiring. The view from our room was fantastic. We had views over the main resort pool and out across the East Sea to the billowing hills of the distant Cham Islands.

We are late breakfast eaters so decided to partake later in the breakfast time. Had no trouble acquiring seating and the breakfast offerings were abundant. Since staying here both my wife and I have forgone the western breakfasts and opted for the Vietnamese instead. Their Pho is a delight and I especially like their My Quang, a prawn, pork and noodle dish that is heaven.

My wife suffers from COELIAC DISEASE and as such requires a gluten free diet. I explained her circumstance to the chef and matre di and they both went to extreme measures to ensure that my wife's dietary requirements were met. There wasn't much that my wife could not eat anyway as Vietnamese food is mainly rice based. We have had all our evening meals here also but my wife and I have taken preference to their other restaurant which serves only Vietnamese food. The main restaurant seemed to have both ale carte and smorgasbord and we are not too fond of smorgasbord food.

We have tried the hotel spa once so far. We have another session in two days. I had a one hour full body massage which I would describe as one of the most relaxing massages so far. My wife opted for the 70 minute facial which she has described as the best that she has ever had, bar none. Looking forward to our next session.

There are two pools here. One large one and a smaller lap pool adjacent to the beach. Both are excellent and there are plenty of sun chairs scattered around the pools. But beware, these get taken very quickly.

For those of you that like a little tipple the bars here are relatively well priced. Beers around $2.50 and a glass of house wine around $5. If you are like us and enjoy a good session then you can easily top up your mini bar from supplies purchased from across the road from the small shops. Beer there is only 75cents, water 50cents and I bought a bottle of Harpoon Gin for only $7.50.

My Only Criticism:
If you venture down to the pool and hope to acquire a sun-bed later in the morning, forget it. I have no qualms about the beds being occupied but what I detest is people 'reserving' the sun beds, and then leaving them vacant for hours while they go and have lunch or a sleep, etc. Last time we went down to the lap pool area all beds were either occupied or 'reserved'. I counted 23 beds 'reserved' and over a period of about an hour I only saw two of these beds reoccupied.
They MUST have signage up to inform other greedy guests that sun beds cannot be reserved and if left unattended for more than 30 minutes the items on the bed will be removed.
Some people are very inconsiderate.

Apart from that one gripe I would very highly recommend this hotel. it is in a very quiet area and there are free hourly shuttles to and from the old Hoi An city centre for your shopping.

Plus, this is very friendly family hotel. And there is a great 'kids club' available for them.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are fantastic if you love a great scenery from your balcony. Ask for a room on...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank markrus
Dear guests ,
So nice to read from you.
Thank u to spend time with us and your great feedback.
As pool loung reserved so long in advance i am fully agreed with you it is not right and a note will be raised on this subject.
We are moving forward to fine tune the resort and get our beack back by end of this month.
We hope to see u again
We wish you all the very best for 2014.
my best regards