“Good resort, just needs some minor touches”

Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An
Ranked #66 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights in a superior room with great ocean veiws.
Rooms were lovely apart from the minor details such as faulty lights, patchy paint and faulty bar fridges.
Enclosed balcony is a great idea so you can relax but escape the heat.
Staff we lovely and offered a fantastic service.
Great selection at breakfast, but a bit chaotic at peak times.
Pools were nice but always to hot, at least` the beach was aways nice to swim in.
Great choices in the sensations restaurant and the food was aways great, but always slow even if it wasn't busy.
Shuttle bus to and from town for free is always handy even know two out of four times it was overloaded.
Didn't enjoy the beauty spa, Every time we tried to book it was booked out and the times we did get a massage it was in a guest room away from the spa that had been transformed into a spa room. The mood wasn't relaxing due to the music skipping, the lighting in the room and the staff having a chat most of the way through.

But with a few changes this could be the 5 star resort it boasts

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daneb_91
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear guests ,
Thanks a lot for your time spent with us and your valuable comments .
We are moving forward to fine tune the resort and bring new facilities.
We hope to see u again .
Wish you all the best.
My best regards'
Jean Luc Bonneau

Write a ReviewReviews (3,114)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had an 8 night Royal Deals voucher - which meant we were rated VIPs (saw it on our file!). Think this may have helped in relation to service at Reception, which was very good. Our Sunrise Suite was great. Very big, clean and we didn't notice any problems with fittings/finishing that other reviewers have mentioned. Bed was extremely comfortable - I miss it!
Housekeeping was slightly hit and miss, occasionally forgetting water/fruit, but room always clean.

Pools and other facilities very good. Spent many happy hours in and around pools, particularly enjoying happy hour cocktails. Beach enjoyable too as we had great weather. I can see this is a an artificial beach really though, no wonder they spend so much of the year reconstructing it. Beach up the road at Cu Dai was great.

Also enjoyed spa treatments, although all the massages were pretty much the same as each other. Love the way the girls did my hair at the end - wish I could do that!

Biggest minus was the food - not a patch on what is available in town. The breakfast buffet in one word was bland. Tried heaps of options and came back to the croissants, fruit and cereal in the end. Even the boiled eggs were not good. I suspect the main problem is the quality of ingredients - not too fresh. Lunch and dinner options were better, but still not great.
The other minus was the hit and miss service of staff. In the Sao Bien restaurant, where we often ate lunch (too hot to trek into town at that time of day) it was frustratingly slow! I practically had to get out of my seat and collar a staff member to get their attention. Apart from one or two sweet trainees, no one ever came over and asked if we wanted something else or even if we were ready to order - and they seemed to avoid making eye contact at all costs. We weren't rowdy or unpleasant or demanding so there was no reason for this treatment except a very inadequate understanding of customer service!

Having had my whinge, I have to say that on the whole we had a great time, I think you do get value for money and I would definitely consider coming back. I get the impression Sunrise has had a slightly shaky start but is improving all the time. But do have realistic expectations people!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks a lot to spend a time with us and your great feedback. It is very encouraging for our young team.
We are moving forward to tune the resort and bring some ne facilities.
We hope to see you again.
Wish you all the best

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We spent 7 nights at the resort in two ocean front rooms , with a view that would cost hundreds of dollars a night in most international locations. Really breathtaking. I spent hours just gazing out to sea on our indoor balcony. The resort is trying hard but if you are expecting sophisticated & elegant 5 star luxury- it's not for you. If you are happy with the next "kuta beach" with the classic Aussie traveller ( there are hoards) and all the pleasures of holidaying with the typical Aussie- loud, beer drinking , swarming at the buffet & door bell pressing after a night in town , then you will be fine. The rooms are comfortable and the staff are doing their best and it certainly is a family geared resort. So don't expect a Sheraton or Hyatt, if that's what you want stay in Danang, otherwise relax, doze by the pool , order a beer , you will think you're in Bali.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bella1000

Dear guests,
Thanks a lot to spend time with and your comments.
We are moving forward to bring new facilities to enjoy and fine tune the resort.
Wish all the best.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here as part of a Deals.com.au package that we upgraded. Stayed in an ocean view suite that faced the ocean and the beautiful sunrises. The suite was huge and had a lovely enclosed balcony that could be opened up if required.

There was quite a bit of noise from the excavator working on the beach next to our room and this was loud and disturbing as it stared early and finished late.

Our package included a 2 hr spa treatment every day and all meals.

We used the spa treatments and had body scrubs, body wraps, facials and massages. All very nice, with no trouble booking in.

We ate at the hotel for most meals and found the quality and variety good although some items on the menu were not always available. The fresh spring rolls are delicious!!

The pool area is great with two pools to use. The drink and food service around the pool is very casual with most guests ending up walking to the bar to order themselves. A regular walk around by bar staff to check for orders would be great as the flag system didn't seem to be effective.

The free shuttle bus into town was efficient and well used and always on time.

We used the resort bikes to go for a ride, they were well maintained and had no trouble booking the time we wanted.

Reception staff were very helpful and could make any arrangements we required. Their English was very good.

Overall, a young staff, most were very friendly and helpful and we would have no hesitation in staying there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear guest
, So nice from you your great comments. Thank u so much to spend time with us and gave us your feedback.
We are moving forward to fine tune the resort and bring new facilities to enjoy.
as noise next to the resort it is a government issue and it should be over by this month, it is a protection against beach erosion.
Wish you all the best.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Sunrise was great on the onset - nice and hospitable receptionist when we arrived, nice snacks and welcome drinks, reasonable size gym, nice pool and all. The room was not bad until a huge flying cockroach appeared in my bathroom when I was blowing my hair. You guessed it, I ran out of the bathroom in fright and shut the door to the bathroom. I called room service and was told someone will come up to catch it. I waited for so long that the cockroach flew and started crawling out of the bathroom. I called a second time and no one came. Fortunately we rushed out and a service associate had finished his room service round came to help us. I demanded for a room to be changed. They changed the room for me but I never view the bathroom the same again.

Anyway, it's a bad experience and I won't come back to this hotel again.

On top of that, the service staff in the restaurant and at the beach bar is way below par. I can signal to get their attention for a good 5 to 10 minutes before I was attended to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1-ling

Dear guest,
At first thank you very much to spend time with us and your very valuable comments which are taking seriously and positively.
I apologize for things happened during your stay.
We are moving to accurate training issue in f&b and hk dept to improve the delivery service.
we are focusing on way to tune the resort and being more facilities to enjoy.
We sincerely hope to see u again.
Wish you the very best .

Reviewed June 30, 2013

New hotel, nice beach & swimming pools (villas on beach have private pool), private balconies for most of the rooms, free WiFi throughout hotel & free shuttle bus to Hoi An. Let down a little by long queues for the 'egg station' at breakfast. Staff are young & enthusiastic but at times require a bit of guidance!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HKBus_Driver
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear guest,
Many thanks to spend time with us and your feedback. it is encouraging for our young team we are moving forward to bring new facilities and tune the resort.

We hope to see you again.
Wish you all the best for 2013.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

It took the staff 30 mins to check us in, too long. The rooms were beautiful but our 12 and 14 year old children were not in an adjoining room but were across the hall. That didn't work so my husband and I had to sleep in seperate rooms. The view was lovely. Loved the pool and the breakfast. Service at the pool bar was slow. Unfortunately the sea was plagued with lice so we couldn't swim as often as we wanted to. I really liked the motel but it is probably more suited to people that don't want to experience the real Vietnam.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Benita D

Dear guest,
thank you for your time spent with us and thank u for your valauable comments . we will take this seriously and positively to improve further.
we are moving forward to accurate training plan in f& b which is important issue .
We hope to see u again.
Wish u all the best for 2013.
Best regards