“Superb Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An
Ranked #54 of 140 Hotels in Hoi An
“Superb Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and had a great experience. We found all the staff to be extremely polite and looking for ways to help jus.
Even after I made a booking error (heaven forbid I made an error) and booked twin beds the maintenance crew managed to join them together (after disassembling the head board and light set up behind the bed). We even said not to worry about it but they were determined to get this project completed, which they did. (You can imagine now the size of the bed with two king singles joined together, huge)

Swimming pools were clean and well maintained and the breakfasts were plentiful with a huge selection each day to choose from.

Shopping etc was as all other authors say, cheap and a great experience. Next time we will be better prepared and take samples or pictures of clothing to be made.

All in all can't wait to go back and are looking a booking one of the beachfront villas with private pool with some friends next year.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear guests
So great feedback from u !! Thanks a lot to spend time with us and you already be back. this is very encouraging for our young team.
We are moving forward to bring new facility to enjoy and fine tune the resort
We hope to see u again
Wish all the best for 2013.
Jean Luc Bonneau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a great 5 night stay at this hotel. The villa was spacious and absolute beach front (all the villas are) which was a pleasant surprise given that feature was undersold on the website.

A number of reviews on this website are disappointed that their stay did not live up to 5 star expectations. I would agree that it is 4 star, however given like all guests we paid a heavily discounted price (there seem to be a lot on coupon deals), it is far from 5 star price.

Areas I believe they need to improve on if they want a 5 star reputation:
- Service! This is a common theme is most resorts and restaurants in Vietnam. During our stay we were the only guests in the 8 beachfront villas. I did not feel we received any personal service that you may expect in paying for the top rooms in a resort. My biggest bug bare for the first couple of days was the temperature of the two bar fridges in the room. I called housekeeping twice and was assured after some fiddling with the dial that beers would by some miracle get to a chilled temperature that would be enjoyable in the lovely outside heat. It was obvious that this was a useless exercise and the fridges looked like they had been purchased for less then $50 from Aldi. On the third day I went to reception and requested a large ice bin/eskie that after much deliberation/translation was reluctantly granted. The attendant that delivered it to the room voiced his extreme displeasure on how heavy it was to bring in the heat. I then had to talk him into refilling it two days later when he only turned up with a small ice bucket.
- Like the fridges, the overall quality and finishes of the resort seem to have been done on the cheap. There is a lot of corrosion to metal surfaces such as door handles and awnings. Through out the resort the decks are built of a synthetic plastic product that has began to bow and due to contraction, break in the corner joints. This is a concern given the resort is just over 12 months old and would be a massive job to replace.
- The resort has a large daily Chinese tour group that stay for one night. It is quite overwhelming when the resort is inundated with so many people all at once with them all discovering the pool and beach at the same time. Late in the afternoon it all of a sudden goes from idyllic relaxation to somewhat chaos in the pool area. The tour group also gets exclusive access to poolside breakfast which would be my preference to the restaurant off reception for the rest of the guests.
- The food in the restaurant is such a disappointment compared to what is available in town at a fraction of the price. At every opportunity on our trip I had white rose Hoi An dumplings. They were dry and bland at the poolside restaurant.

But overall, as I said, we were very pleased with our stay. The pools are great, the beach is beautiful (despite the sandbags they have done a great job to salvage it after significant erosion/storm damage that has affected all resorts along that part of the coast) and the view off our villa deck was dream like. The only resort in the area which would beat it in my experience would be the Nam Hai which we stayed at 2 years ago on our honeymoon. It is the best resort I have ever stayed at but also at least 3 times the price. The Nam Hai is real 5 star and worth it for a romantic stay, however unless you are minted, if you are travelling with kids and/or other friends, it could be a bit over the top.

Room Tip: The two bedroom villas are good value if travelling with two couples or kids. The one bedroom pool v...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mberry76
Dear guests,
Thank you so much to spend time with us and your great feedback, It is encouraging for our young team.
We are moving forward to bring new facilities to enjoy and tune the resort
Wish all the best for 2013
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent one evening at the Sunrise hotel, as a treat for my boyfriend's birthday. It was definitely a 5 star experience; from the greetings at the front door to the service at dinner. Our room was lovely, with a small balcony leading on to the large balcony at the front of the hotel.

For dinner, we chose to eat at the buffet in the hotel's restaurant. It was all-you-can-eat, with free-flowing wine all night. The choice was spectacular, and I particularly enjoyed the sushi and sashimi. We ate a lot of the bbq food, which you could chose fresh and have cooked to your liking. When I mentioned that it was my boyfriend's birthday, we were even given a birthday cake, which they had iced with his name. The waiters were very friendly and efficient, too.

The only downside to the hotel is its location, which I thought was a little bit too far away from the main streets and restaurants of Nha Trang.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

After reading a magazine review more than 12 months ago on this hotel, I added it to my wishlist. I am so happy I did. We had a lovely 8 nights in a suite with all meals and daily spa treatments and I have to say that the restaurants dished up some of the best food I had on my trip around Vietnam. The spa treatments were heaven and all of the girls who looked after me were lovely, I found it odd however that there were no manicure or pedicure services available. The pool and the grounds were awesome and well maintained with plenty of staff to look after our needs. This brings me to our room - comfortable and spacious but and I hate saying but - unclean. There were daily inconsistencies with how clean the room was and the turn down of an evening. Its not a big one, it is something that housekeeping need to up the anti on. The resort is a fair distance from HoiAn town so you need to rely on taxis or the shuttle that is provided, if your not up for renting a bike. The shuttle is not an hourly service nd has to be booked in advance which can be inconvenient. All in all HoiAn is a wonderful place for a holiday, there is something for everyone and Sunrise delivered exactly what I wanted.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bacirubati4
Dear guests,
At first thanks a lot to stay with us and your great feedback . It is very encouraging for our young team.
We are moving forward to bring new facilities to enjoy and to tune the resort.
We hope to see u again
Wish you all the best for 2013.
Shepparton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We purchased 8 nights at Sunrise as part of the Deals.com promotion. We booked a suite -the bedroom and bathroom are huge. In the lounge area we had a roller bed for our 8 year old and our 11 year old was really happy to sleep on the couch. The bed is massive so all 4 of us could easily have fitted! Alternatively there is a day bed in the bedroom that could also have been used.

Despite all our meals being included in the deal we only ate breakfast everyday at the resort and a couple of dinners and lunches. Breakfast was great, something for everyone and staff very helpful and friendly. They do a Seafood Buffet on Friday, Saturday and Sunday's which we ate at twice. This had a huge range and was delicious. The couple of lunch options we tried were really tasty also. We preferred to eat in town or at a nearby village for the majority of meals. So many amazing restaurants with incredible food and atmosphere in Hoi An and cheap - check out my restaurant reviews in Trip Advisor.

Spa treatments were also included in the deal so between my husband and I we tried practically everything in their menu. In particular I loved the hour body scrub/head massage and Sunrise Signature massage, whilst my husband had the foot scrub & massage twice. The spa is beautiful and serene and staff are very friendly.

The pools were crystal clear and the kids loved the beach (which in the afternoon was more refreshing than the pools). The beach is nice but we have better in Australia.

Get your laundry done across the road - we used Mrs Hong, she was great. Also across the road is a beautician where I got my nails manicured for $8 and pedicure for $6 (they don't do pedicures & manicures at hotel day spa). They also do massages etc which would be cheaper than hotel.

4 Thank rrfaff
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear guests,
Thanks a lot to spend time with us and your great feedback. Very encouraging for our young team.
Manicure and pedicure are on process this month and it will be nice too
We are moving forward to bring new facilities to enjoy and fine tune the resort.
Wish you all the best for 2013
Hertfordshire UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

we stayed here for 14 nights in April The room, restaurant, staff were absolutely great especially Hieu at front of house who was kind, polite and extremely helpful
we hired bikes most days and explored Hoi An which is a lovely place, experienced most of the restaurants and had clothes made in Yali

Breakfasts and the 3 meals we had in the evening were fine and I had the house wine which was OK would thoroughly recommend this hotel and I wish I was there now!!!

Room Tip: Top floor ocean view we were in room 1321
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,
So nice from and thanks a lot to spend time with us and your great feedback. It is very encouraging for our young team.
We are moving forward to bring new facilities to enjoy and tune the resort.
Wish the best for 2013.
Katoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have just returned from the Sunrise Hoi An and couldn't be more happy with the resort
the food was very good and the service was outstanding
The rooms are lovely all the dinning and pool area is so nice
What wonderfull staff and really so nice
Everything was very clean and well organised
We are looking forward to returning I wouldn't
stay any where else