“Good service and work” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bi Hanh

Bi Hanh
Ranked #36 of 404 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Bi Hanh specializes in sewing fashion items for Men - Women, fashion tailored follows online orders and customer's requests, assures prestige and quality
“Good service and work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I went with my girlfriend because she wanted a dress but finally I also bought a suit for me. The shop assistant was very kind and helpfull with us all the time and we only had to go once for fitting. They are very fast and we are very happy with the results. In my opinion they did a good job.

Visited November 2013

Bonville, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“LOVE MY DRESS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

To all the girls I want to say thank you for all your help. My daughter and I had dresses, shorts & pants made and we love all of them. Will definitely return.

Billericay, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Poor Customer Service, Good Suit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We tried this tailor as it was recommended by our Hotel. They were very abrasive as we entered and tried to get us to purchase immediately without any real time to pick and choose. We told them we were going to lunch to think about it but they wanted us to buy immediately. We did leave and come back later after eventually getting out. We purchased a suit and it was fairly easy to customize but they really don't provide you with any helpful suggestions. It seems as if they just want the money at any cost. Each time we had to back for a fitting they told us what time to come back but we usually mentioned this was not convenient or that we could not make certain time. They were not very helpful in sorting a different time and eventually after saying what times we were going to be available they did see us at a more convenient time. There should have been most emphasis on satisfying the customers needs and not their own. The final product was good and we are very happy with the suit. We would probably go to another tailor for better customer service and more enjoyable experience.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best intent but no ability”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Unfortunately I choose Bi Hanh largely due to the lovely assistants and the promise of great work. It took 5 fittings to get my cloths to a very average standard. What was most frustrating was being told the poor fitting cloths where 'supposed to be like that' etc in an endeavour to pass of very poor work. I feel Bi Hanh has the best intention but between the staff doing the fittings and weak tailoring bad results can be expected. They are a long way off being the cheapest tailor and I have subsequently had fantastic hassle free work done elsewhere for much less (New World). Partially ruined our stay in Hoi An having to continually return for fittings to find the alterations had not been done or on two occasions had but had made the fit worse. I would not recommend Bi Hanh.

2 Thank Darren W
Hoi An, Vietnam
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Bi Hanh tailors 53 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoi An, Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been to this shop 3 times in 4 months and will go back for more clothes in December when I return.
I have bought business shirts, trousers, pure silk ties and shorts(faithfully replicated from pictures they took of my old "favourites" that were falling apart).
Always from my first "just looking" visit to Bi Hanh I have been welcomed with a smile, a cold face towel and cold bottle of water.
On my first visit our tour guide had recommended a couple of shops in the centre of town but I wanted to have a look around first and found that the prices on the outskirts of the Old City were less than those in the heart of the city. At $5 less per shirt it soon adds up.
After a lifetime of buying off the rack this was a first for me so I ordered just a couple of shirts and ties first time round.
I have always dealt with Miss Lam, who is just a gorgeous person and so helpful, and having become a "regular" of sorts has led to a further reduction in prices without any prompting from me.
English speaking? No problem and just as well 'cos I don't speak Vietnamese.
Price? A fraction of what I'd pay in Australia.
Quality of material? Sensational. My silk/cotton blend shirts are the ONLY thing I'll wear now. The old wardrobe has gone to the Salvo's. Ditto my new wool/cashmere blend half lined trousers; the Salvo's have the old ones.
Selection of materials? A mind boggling arrays of materials of different qualities and colours as well as patterns and pictures.
Quality of workmanship? Sensational.
Salesmanship? They will definitely ask the question about you buying more but it's not what I would consider being at all pushy.
Turnaround time? Fast. As fast as you need it. If you're there in the morning and need something before you go that afternoon then there's no problem.
Regrets? Only that I didn't buy more last time I was there(they will keep your measurements as well as a sample of what material you picked so you can order via email at a later date).

Bottom line? I have been to this shop a number of times as have friends of mine that I have introduced.
No hassle, no pressure, no worries, no problems.

Visited August 2013