“Great place-low price”

Ranked #26 of 245 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Haifa
“Great place-low price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at loc phat in feb 2014, we found a new place, the rooms are large , clean and in good quality. The hospitality was warm and helpfull. The location is about 2 km from center, it is nice to walk , but if it too much, taxi charge 2 $ to get you their. I evaluate it in level of 3 stras.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
13 Thank Anat_m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
antwerpen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This places is possibly the best place I have stayed in, ever. The lady who runs the place speeds excellent English and is very knowledgeable about Hoi An and the rest if the country. Breakfast is a la carte and very nice. The rooms are stylishly decorated, with lots of windows and have very strong showers with plenty of hot water. Location is in between town and beach with both easily reachable by foot or bicycle (1$ from reception).We booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 4 that says it all.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank mrsmantwerp
ross-on-wye, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Before I started writing this I looked up the 3 reviews that rated the place as "terrible" and, not recognising them, I realised they must have referred to a previous premises before the incredibly industrious Linh and her husband had opened the Loc Phat Homestay. I can only say what a stunning place they have created. Each room has a balcony overlooking the gardens and fish ponds, all immaculately kept. The rooms are spotless, the showers hot and powerful. I have no idea about the AC as, sadly, the weather was not good enough whilst we were there over Christmas to warrant using it!
Linh never seems to be off duty - I run a b&b in England and I honestly don't know how she does it. She is running a very efficient operation, from breakfast onwards. Not a huge choice at breakfast but always eggs cooked how you want, baguettes, fresh fruit and juice, amongst others, which you can choose to eat in the small breakfast room or out on the balcony.
On Christmas Eve, Linh had prepared a special Vietnamese meal for all her guests - she would not allow us to pay, even for the beers! The next morning my daughter and I had a private cooking lesson with her. It was fun, starting with a bike ride to the local market to select the ingredients, taking them back and preparing them, and then eating what had been cooked. What better way to spend a Christmas morning?
It was the first time I had been on a bike for probably 30 years or more and, flushed with success, we then set off towards the beach - a slightly wobbly 15 minute excursion. Sadly, it was more like the Atlantic when we got there but it proved that Loc Phat Homestay is ideally placed between beach and town because, on our return, we cycled into town for yet another fitting at the tailors.
All the places we stayed in Vietnam were good but I really think Loc Phat Homestay was outstanding.
Just remember to take a break occasionally Linh, and I wish you continuing good luck!

Room Tip: All that I saw were equally good, there is nothing above one floor up.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank hollysmum_8
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The Loc Phat is superb on every level and I would not hesitate to recommend the place to solo- travellers, couples or families. Having arrived on the recommendation of our 'Easy Rider' boys we were somewhat brow beaten from 2 weeks of relentless packing, unpacking and 48 hours on the backs on motorcycles. We were instantly impressed by the beautiful landscaping of the gardens and clean decor of the rooms. We agreed to stay for 2 nights initially but ended up staying 4 due to the high standard of care we received and the warm atmosphere that Ling and her husband seem to effortlessly maintain. The breakfast on the roof terrace was a clear highlight to our experience, and it has to be said that the western inspired breakfast was the best we were treated to whilst in Vietnam. Myself and two female friends made the most of the bicycle hire to scoot down to the beach or the town and river. For a mere 1$ a day it was a great bargain.

Ling, the owner of the property is without a doubt its best asset. Unreservedly, we agreed that she was one of amazing people we met whilst in Vietnam. Her advice about local sights and tailors was invaluable. She has the perfect temperament to allay the worries of travel weary guests and makes every request seem small. Part of the experience also involved Ling arranging our onward travel arrangements. She organised our flights and airport transfers, which made life so much easier for us. We would like to thank all of the staff at Loc Phat for the most restful and enjoyable stay imaginable. We really did not want to leave but are sure to return when we visit Hoi An in the future.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Chloe C
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

we stayed here for a week in Jan., 2014 and had a great time. The room was clean and new, breakfast was perfect, the staff was very helpful, and the location was very convenient.
We would definitely stay here again next year.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank alohabic
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Homestay itself is a nice place with a basic but very good breakfast, comfy rooms (eventhough the toilet started to stink after the first day..) and location is ok.
The only negative thing is the owner. We asked her about the laundry service they offer, 2USD a kilo and if they dry the clothes in the machine or hang it outside. She said either way is possible, whatever we prefer. So I asked her at least 2 or 3 times to please, please let it dry outside, NOT in the machine as some chlothes of mine would get damaged in the machine (they wash by hand not in the machine apparently). When we got back our laundry, 2 pieces were shrinked. So I asked the owner if they put it in the machine. After some discussions she admitted that her employee had put the clothes in the machine.. She then grabbed my shrinked blouse and said she would go to a tailor to do a "copy" of my blouse. Before I could say anything she already left with my blouse... When she came back (my second piece of clothing she just left somewhere at the reception, like a rag..) I told her I did not want a copy of my blouse in Vietnam as it was a present from my mother bought in South Africa just 2 months ago, worth 60USD. She then offered us a free laundry service which we rejected. She said I had to understand that it was a mistake and there was nothing she could do.. I told her that I understand it was a mistake, however, they have to make it good somehow. I said she could give me the 60USD but she just got more pissed and upset eventhough it was their mistake and she said she can not give me money for that but a copy of the blouse by using the buttons of the original blouse... I said I do not want that...The discussion with her was very unpleasant as she did not make any concession at all...Finally, I suggested she could give me at least 40USD, which she accepted reluctingly... Since then, she does not greet us, not even look at us and when we asked for new and clean pillowcases (second time by the way) she handed it over looking the otherway and very pissed. She is ignoring us because we confronted her with shrinked clothes and she is behaving like it was our fault...unbelievable and very unpleasant!!!!! This is not the way guests should be treated, especially not if the mistake was made by the host....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SaLo14
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at Loc Phat for a week and loved our time there. Linh and her husband were very warm and welcoming. Rooms were beautiful-so new, modern and clean. I agree with earlier posts about there not being much privacy in the open plan bathroom. Towels need to be updated also. Wifi was sketchy at times too. We were invited to celebrate a Tet lunch with Linh and her family which was a great experience. The location was not a problem for us as the beach and Old Quarter was easily reached by bike or scooter each day. Bikes are $1 per day and the scooter was $5. Breakfast was generous and you were allowed as much as you wanted. A really lovely, family ran homestay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple